Is it time to breakout the Rydale and start bank mining?

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Postby coppernickel » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:32 pm

Market down times prompt people to cash in their coins. After the 2008 crash was a good time to role hunt.

COVID19 will be killed by the silver and copper.

Anyone planning to increase roll hunting?

Do you have any open banks to source and return?

Best opportunity I've seen, but not sure the banks will be open. I am not currently able to source coin.
Silver Monometalism is the most permanent and stable form of money the world has seen. Natural law and history prove silver value is best multiplied by gold and best divided by copper. It is only in this counterfeit currency time when the natural law appears suspended.
coppernickel
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Is it time to breakout the Rydale and start bank mining?

Postby bankmining » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:46 pm

I’m bankmining, and I approve this message.
bankmining
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Thogey » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:49 pm

Sounds fun but.....You would probably find it easier to withdraw and deposit radioactive ass nugggets.

In fact I can see coins just going away after this.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Recyclersteve » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:48 pm

If coins are going away, I’ve got some of those collectible Zincolns for only 10 cents each! :)
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby Dave » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:09 pm

Searching more now because nothing else to do. But it's harder to get the coins from the banks. I can still order them, but no CWR.
Dave
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby JadeDragon » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:30 pm

Many bank branches in Canada have close and the rest are reducing hours. Picking up coins is not essential and anyway what can I look for? Silver is very very scarce. Ni Nickels are still around in small quantities but not really worth the effort.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby JJM » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:36 am

JJM
Penny Collector Member

Postby Dave » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:18 pm

I was sorting quite a bit until last week. My banks won't order me any because of the coin shortage. One of my banks call me asking if I had any coins to get rid of. Perfect timing, I had $1500 of quarters, nickels and pennies to get rid of. I have feeling that the end of the penny is near because of this virus.
Dave
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby aristobolus » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:36 pm

Sad, but understandable.
aristobolus
Penny Collector Member

Postby Lemon Thrower » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:06 am

Recyclersteve wrote:If coins are going away, I’ve got some of those collectible Zincolns for only 10 cents each! :)

I like to think of them as one-tenth troy ounce, 90% pure, copper ingots.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:49 pm

95% pure, but yeah! :)
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing