ISO: Spreadsheet of years and mint marks of Lincoln Cents

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

ISO: Spreadsheet of years and mint marks of Lincoln Cents

Postby MUTiger » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:28 pm

I am looking for a spreadsheet with all the years and mint marks of Lincoln cents from 1909 to now or the recent past. I picked up some from an acquaintance who's dad recently passed. I would like to make an inventory but would prefer not to type in all the dates and mint marks if someone has already done this.

Coin bottles.jpg
Top corner of cabinet with coin bottles
Coin bottles.jpg (356.3 KiB) Viewed 1456 times

Coin bottles 2.jpg
Cabinet with coin bottles
Coin bottles 2.jpg (405.63 KiB) Viewed 1456 times

There were several other smaller plastic boxes with the earlier years.

If you have a spreadsheet with this information and would be willing to share it with me I would appreciate it. I can PM you an email address to send the information.

Thanks in advance if you are willing to help.
MUTiger
MUTiger
Penny Collector Member

Re: ISO: Spreadsheet of years and mint marks of Lincoln Cent

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:41 am

Well, if I'm understanding what you want, I don't think it would take more than maybe 5 minutes? to create it from scratch.

Just type in 1909 1910 and 1911 in consecutive rows, select the three cells and use the repeating copy drag to drag down to create the rest of the years. Copy the entire thing twice and then sort or filter to get them in date order again. Type in P D S in the first three rows of the adjacent column. Copy those three rows to all the rows below. Compare the result to a reference like the wiki page for us cent production to manually modify the few years that differ from the nominal. I think it has taken me longer to type this than to do it. If you want something other than that you'll need to explain.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby ScrapMetal » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:52 am

Even quicker than typing in anything would be to type G O O G L E and do a search for "excel us penny spreadsheet"

And , drum roll please.....

http://www.lincolncentresource.com/Checklists/checklists.html
ScrapMetal
Penny Collector Member

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:01 am

Good thinking - amazing what you can find!
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby MUTiger » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:35 am

Thanks all. As an engineer myself I know it is not hard to create but I am also inherently lazy and did not want to recreate the wheel.
I appreciate the help and link. That is what I needed. Now to go through a couple hundred bottles.

MUTiger
MUTiger
Penny Collector Member

Postby shinnosuke » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:46 pm

Share your discoveries here, please.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby ScottyTX » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:50 pm

MUTiger wrote:Thanks all. As an engineer myself I know it is not hard to create but I am also inherently lazy and did not want to recreate the wheel.
I appreciate the help and link. That is what I needed. Now to go through a couple hundred bottles.

MUTiger

Good deal man, I picked up a huge lot like this years ago and it was exciting to go through (for me at least). My X-Boss, who's an used to always preach to us " don't reinvent the wheel!!!".
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. "
Laurence J. Peter
ScottyTX
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing