Death of the Penny

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Death of the Penny

Postby amalekidad » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:41 pm

I stumbled upon this from December 15, 2019 It's titled The Death of the Penny – US Mint to Cease Penny Production in 2022
https://cashmoneylife.com/us-mint-cease-penny-production/
"The US Mint announced this morning that they will phase out the production of new pennies beginning in late 2021, and mint the last batch of pennies on April 1, 2022." ... "Starting in late 2021, the US Government will begin a penny reclamation campaign." ...

Please! Confirm or Deny.....
I must say, I'm a bit disappointed that I found this. Most of y'all are much better at keeping up on what's happening than me.

"$$$ And if you haven’t figured it out by now – Happy April Fools Day! ;) " A few days late - I told you, I'm slow.
amalekidad
Penny Collector Member

Re: Death of the Penny

Postby NiBullionCu » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:35 pm

mint the last batch of pennies on April 1, 2022.

April first joke.
NiBullionCu
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby shinnosuke » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:48 pm

I'll give up my pennies when they peel my cold, dead fingers... or something like that.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby galenrog » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:17 am

Treasury has made no such announcement. Article is either speculating, or is fake.

Time for more coffee.
Mine Gold, Buy Silver. It Fills the Safe Faster.
galenrog
Penny Collector Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing