Zincolns Value

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Zincolns Value

Postby coinplug » Wed May 12, 2021 3:48 pm

Hi Everyone,

was finally able to get a box of cents from the bank today and turns out the full box is uncirculated 2017 Cents. Being that the melt value for $25 worth is currently pushing towards $20 and with inflation on the horizon, do you all think it would be worth it to just keep them? Does anybody know some good practical uses for zinc as far as prepping? I never thought I'd see the day when zinc pennies are worth more than a cent.
coinplug

Re: Zincolns Value

Postby TXSTARFIRE » Wed May 12, 2021 8:25 pm

Are they P or D mint mark? 2017 was the year that they used the P mint mark on the cent for the first time. If they are P cents they may be worth more than a cent each.
TXSTARFIRE
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby StoreOfValue » Fri May 14, 2021 7:23 pm

Uncirculated boxes sell on eBay for a nice premium. I have sold many different years lately and come out ahead after shipping.
“Gold is the currency of kings, silver is the currency of the educated, barter is the currency of the working-class, and debt is the currency of slaves.”
StoreOfValue

Postby coinplug » Mon May 17, 2021 1:39 pm

Thank you TXStarFire and StoreOfValue for your input. I should have examined them more closely but I am pretty sure they are P mintmarked.
coinplug

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing