I miss using my rydale:(

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

I miss using my rydale:(

Postby DaMangRon » Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:25 pm

I was sorting $200-$400 pennies a week back in the day...until TD removed their penny arcade. I haven't been able to find any other local banks that have coin machines, so it stopped my hobby right in its tracks. I've read on here that you can use coinstar for free if you get gift cards....but what % do you lose if you sell them for cash? I don't suppose some type of automatic coin rolling machine actually exists? I can turn in rolled coin at my local bank, but there's no way I'm rolling by hand! Lol!
DaMangRon
Penny Pincher Member

Re: I miss using my rydale:(

Postby NiBullionCu » Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:49 pm

Sure automatic coin rollers exist, and they are pricey new or used.

GLORY WR-70 COIN WRAPPER
https://www.ebay.com/itm/114740078994?c ... 1&mkcid=28

Spoiler alert: asking price is $6k (MSRP on a new Glory WR-500 model is $18k)
NiBullionCu
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby DaMangRon » Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:20 pm

Lol...yeah, I don't think that's gonna work. Guess I'll just put my sorter back in the closet.
DaMangRon
Penny Pincher Member

Postby JadeDragon » Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:55 am

You don’t need that fancy coin wrapping machine. I have one like this https://bpsands.com/store/glory-cc2-coi ... -packager/ which has been replaced by https://bpsands.com/store/scan-coin-sc- ... n-counter/ which is $700 new at the first random dealer Google found. There are several similar units by other manufacturers available out there. 1800 - 2700 coins a minute means you have 50 coins in a shot gun shell very fast. Get the set of tubes. I prefer to use the nickel tube on pennies as I get less jambs. You can get shotgun shells in bulk.

Similar machines where made by several manufacturers. They all can be bought for much less used. You’ll be better equipped then most banks to handle coin. These machines also off sort dimes and anything smaller then a few penny while not allowing anything larger then the penny to pass through the counting mechanism.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby NDFarmer » Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:18 am

I have Glory coin wrapping machine. Have used it for several years.

If you are going to take rolled coins to your local banks make sure they accept rolled coins. I brought in several hundred MACHINE rolled rolls of pennies to a couple of my local banks and they would NOT accept them. They had to stand there and bust open ALL the rolls and run them through their counting machine. I can maybe see that policy for HAND rolled coins because it would be easier to miscount coins or put coins in that were not pennies. But machine rolled coins are different. You know there is going to be 50 coins in each roll and it is very hard to run anything through the machine other than pennies.

I was kind of offended. Did they really think I would take the time to put slugs in rolls of pennies and break the law for 50 cents a roll?
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby fasteddy » Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:08 pm

My Scan Coin counter has tubes to feed coin into wrappers...maybe check that out...I bought 3 of them (303)'s for a $100 each years ago.
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby Morsecode » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:31 pm

Yes, it was a real shame when they pulled all the Penny Arcades because of the sleazy class action suit. The lawyers had a payday, and some of us got a check, but I always felt the whole deal was overdone.

The bank I use now has a coin counter, and you can't tell me it's any more or less accurate than TD's machines. So what gives? How come no-one is suing them?

Why haven't the lawyers gone after gas pumps? There's no way that when you pump 10 gallons of fuel you get exactly 10 gallons and never get 9.99965 gallons.

Same principle that took out Penny.
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby coppernickel » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:44 pm

I have been able to sort this week. It has been great to do do this again.
Silver Monometalism is the most permanent and stable form of money the world has seen. Natural law and history prove silver value is best multiplied by gold and best divided by copper. It is only in this counterfeit currency time when the natural law appears suspended.
coppernickel
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Lemon Thrower » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:35 am

My Wells Fargo branch will accept buckets of coins as deposits.

They will also give me bags and accepted bagged deposits. You can get a used counter for about $150 on eBay to fill the bags.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby realhumancopper » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:41 am

I miss using my 4 Ryedales also. I don't miss losing money every hour I spent doing it. The Ryedales didn't work as doorstops so now they sit in strategic places as reminders: never make assumptions as to what the Federal Government might do. Exception: the Pols will see to it that your money will decrease in value at a steady pace, until it collapses.

Good Luck all...............h

realhumancopper
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby c140cessna » Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:34 pm

realhumancopper wrote:I miss using my 4 Ryedales also. I don't miss losing money every hour I spent doing it. The Ryedales didn't work as doorstops so now they sit in strategic places as reminders: never make assumptions as to what the Federal Government might do. Exception: the Pols will see to it that your money will decrease in value at a steady pace, until it collapses.

Good Luck all...............h

Hi...my first time logging in here in 10 years!
Is mass sorting with Rydale machines a dead sport? Why? Copper prices are up.
Back in the day....I sorted 7 tons of saves US and Canadian pennies....I think i still have 3 or 4 tons of US...sold all the Canadian years ago.
You can see...it is a VERY long term play ...I bet I hold these copper pennies for another decade!
c140cessna
Penny Collector Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing