Uncirculated coppers - do you set them aside?

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Uncirculated coppers - do you set them aside?

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:34 pm

I've hand sorted about 10,000 pennies this week. I've found about 500 copper Lincolns from the late 50's and 60's that look like they just came out of the mint... brilliantly uncirculated. I keep these separated from the average looking coppers. Do you guys do the same?
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Re: Uncirculated coppers - do you set them aside?

Postby coppernickel » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:47 pm

Yes. I divide out those with numismatic value, those better than average, average, and culls.

The better than average get the RealCent wrappers.
Silver Monometalism is the most permanent and stable form of money the world has seen. Natural law and history prove silver value is best multiplied by gold and best divided by copper. It is only in this counterfeit currency time when the natural law appears suspended.
coppernickel
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:13 pm

Yep - I have a couple small bags of AU type cents. Some of them were truly uncirculated. I also got rid of my culls a few years ago and converted them to silver, which of course has doubled, so that went well enough.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Recyclersteve » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:40 am

I’ve seen plenty of sellers who have BU cents mixed in with the regulars. So I do the same unless a coin is really worth something (like a BU 1955-S). But I could care less about BU 1964’s and other common dates.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Silver4face » Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:41 am

For ten years I have always set them aside. I've sold lots of them by the roll. Others I put into plastic tubes to keep. I even have a few in 2 x 2s. Those are in absolute, pristine showroom condition!
Buy rolls NOW while you still can!
Silver4face
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing