Finding errors

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Finding errors

Postby cwgii » Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:27 am

With the problems of getting coin I am thinking of starting to go through what I have for the error coins.
Is it worth it???
With my deteriorating eyesight the thought of looking at coins under magnification has some appeal.
As in any NEW thing the learning process is intimidating. Not to mention the initial cash outlay versus actually finding and selling it
cwgii
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Finding errors

Postby willy13 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:05 am

I am a copper hoarder who also looks for errors and varieties. It is tedious work, so you really need to enjoy the hunt and the find for it to be worth while. I have found some good stuff but I have literally looked at over a million cents to find all of them. If you have any questions about varieties and errors I would be glad to help.
willy13
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Finding errors

Postby galenrog » Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:57 pm

Very tedious work. You also need to do a lot of research, make copious notes, print out images (hundreds), and most importantly, know the coin manufacturing process.

My opinion is that errors are far more profitable. Primary key to that profit is knowing your potential buyer. Over the years I have developed an extensive list of potential buyers of coins: Rare, Silver, Gold, Foreign, and Errors.

Have fun. Time for more coffee.
Mine Gold, Buy Silver. It Fills the Safe Faster.
galenrog
Penny Collector Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing