2021 rolls with 10% older

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

2021 rolls with 10% older

Postby cwgii » Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:52 am

Maybe I imagine things BUT how does it happen so often. The old ones tend to be copper or even wheat.

Do they purposely do that. Hmmm.
cwgii
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: 2021 rolls with 10% older

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:03 pm

Any penny boxes I've procured recently contained ZERO coppers. Based on that I stopped doing pennies last year and stepped up my nickel hoarding efforts significantly.

Once in a while my LCS guy would find a few containers of Cu pennies in his garage, but that hasn't happened recently. He would sell them to me for face value +50%. Just today I found a few forgotten bags of Cu pennies I sorted 10 years ago. I gotta hit Lowe's and buy more 5 gal pails.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Silver4face » Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:23 pm

cwgii wrote:Maybe I imagine things BUT how does it happen so often. The old ones tend to be copper or even wheat.

Do they purposely do that. Hmmm.

Over the last few years, I have opened a few "new" rolls that were only 80-90 percent new. There were a few scattered copper, some of which were wheats. But these rolls have been very infrequent in my case.
Buy rolls NOW while you still can!
Silver4face
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby aristobolus » Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:36 pm

Here in Southern Indiana we are getting about 15 - 20 % copper out of bank rolls. It is definately down from when we sorted ten years ago, but sounds better than in some places. Interesting story. When my then youngest son helped me sort, he looked diligently for an Indian head penny, but never found one. Now fast forward a decade he sorts for first time in a long time and finds one! Problem is he is a teen now and he simply said, "What is that? Is it some sort of big deal?"
aristobolus
Penny Collector Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:10 am

aristobolus wrote:Here in Southern Indiana we are getting about 15 - 20 % copper out of bank rolls. It is definately down from when we sorted ten years ago, but sounds better than in some places.

That's still a decent amount. Wish I was getting that here. I changed over to all nickels about 8 months ago.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Silver4face » Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:35 am

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:
aristobolus wrote:Here in Southern Indiana we are getting about 15 - 20 % copper out of bank rolls. It is definately down from when we sorted ten years ago, but sounds better than in some places.

That's still a decent amount. Wish I was getting that here. I changed over to all nickels about 8 months ago.

You are not getting that in your area because you spent TEN YEARS draining it all out!!!!!!!!! You demolished the supply LOL But you did the smart thing. Perhaps you can buy some rolls or boxes of pennies if you are ever out of town. I would.
Buy rolls NOW while you still can!
Silver4face
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing