Recession and Coin Supply

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Re: Recession and Coin Supply

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:58 pm

Cu pennies are becoming more and more scarce with each year that passes. It's not just the zinc dilution effect either. More people have gotten hip and are culling copper pennies from circulation. I'm afraid the good old days of pulling 20-30% Cu pennies from bank boxes are over.

I started culling Cu pennies from circulation in the late 80's. Before the Ryedale came out, it was all manual hand sorting -ugh. I could never do that now. I'm quite happy with what I've accomplished and my current Cu stash.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Silver4face » Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:09 pm

I'm still getting almost 20 percent CU from bank rolls; however, I realize that those days are probably numbered. I also realize that percentages vary from region to region. I expect the percentage to drop each and every year regardless of coin supply. Now is the time to sort/hoard etc while you can.
Buy rolls NOW while you still can!
Silver4face
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby cwgii » Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:52 am

Crappola, wishing my average was that high. Mid is more like 12-14%, with occasionally a few good rolls.
cwgii
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Silver4face » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:41 am

I have had a few days in the 12-14 percent range. I've even opened a few SKUNK batches over the years. We are talking 0-1 percent with those. Also, I do not sort everyday (don't have the time) and I don't always report everything that I do sort. I try to do the best I can. Certainly, anything unusually high or low should be reported if possible.
Buy rolls NOW while you still can!
Silver4face
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby cwgii » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:43 am

Around Valentine, I usually get bank rolls that are 98% new .with 1-2 that are cu. With a very high percentage of wheats.
cwgii
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Previous

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing