I Ran Into Adam Youngs Recently

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

I Ran Into Adam Youngs Recently

Postby Recyclersteve » Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:56 pm

Recently I decided to leave the cold weather and travel to a coin show in Phoenix where hopefully the weather would cooperate. Fortunately it did.

I had other things on the agenda, so I only had time to visit about 20-25% of the dealers in attendance at the show. As I was literally starting to walk out the door to go to my next event I walked by another booth. I saw a guy at the booth and he looked REALLY FAMILIAR to me. And he sounded REALLY FAMILIAR. I asked for his name and he said it was Adam Youngs.

I had to think for about 15-30 seconds and then I realized who it was. This was Adam Youngs from the Portland Mint! He is known as AGgressive Metal on this site and has posted well over 5,000 times since this site began. He is definitely one of the most active posters on this fine site.

In case you are wondering how I recognized him, it was because I saw a video of him at PortlandMint.com. I remember thinking that anytime I travel to Portland (a place I’ve been to a number of times), I’d absolutely love to see if there was some way to meet him in person. Mission accomplished!

I could tell he knew me as well when he said “you’re the stock market guy.”

Adam, it was fantastic to meet you and your co-worker! I hope the show went really well for you.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: I Ran Into Adam Youngs Recently

Postby Recyclersteve » Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:29 am

I was trying to find a video where I saw Adam and found one on YouTube by typing “Extreme Penny Hoarders Hope to Cash
in” (by ABC News- Nightline). The video is about 10 years old. You can see Adam at about the 2:30 mark.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:44 am

Adam isn't aggressive metal but I'll let him correct that himself, as well as the actual aggressive metal.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Recyclersteve » Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:39 am

Is Adam highroller4321?

Recyclersteve

Postby TXSTARFIRE » Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:39 pm

Bingo!
TXSTARFIRE
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Doctor Steuss » Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:17 pm

I think it's worth revisiting this thread, wherein many facts regarding Adam Young were shared: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15712
"Deferential, glad to be of use, Politic, cautious, and meticulous; Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse; At times, indeed, almost ridiculous— Almost, at times, the Fool." ~Eliot
Doctor Steuss
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby AGgressive Metal » Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:11 pm

I'm Bill, Steve! haha. You met us both though.
And he that hath lyberte ought to kepe hit wel
For nothyng is better than lyberte
For lyberte shold not be wel sold for alle the gold and syluer of all the world
-Aesop's Fables, Caxton edition 1484

http://stores.ebay.com/commonwealthcurrency
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pdx_metal
AGgressive Metal
Realcent Moderator

Postby TXSTARFIRE » Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:29 pm

Great thread on Adam Youngs, last post was 3 years ago. I was going to try to find it but you beat me to it!
TXSTARFIRE
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:45 am

AGgressive Metal wrote:I'm Bill, Steve! haha. You met us both though.

Hi Bill. Sure enjoyed running into both of you guys. I wish I had more time to talk.

Recyclersteve

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing