Copper demand

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Copper demand

Postby AdamsSamoa » Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:58 pm

AdamsSamoa
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Copper demand

Postby shinnosuke » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:39 pm

Is there that much copper left to mine from the earth's crust, or must we include mining on asteroids?
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby JerrySpringer » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:34 pm

I'll believe the Kitco article when we start seeing copper prices breakout. For past 50 years, copper price has matched inflation very closely. I think the availability of copper cents still in circulation is not a thing to ignore or pass off. I just wish I had a decent way to store a large amount of them :o
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby pmbug » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:47 am

Bold is mine:
The London Metal Exchange (LME) on Saturday banned from its system Russian metal produced on or after April 13 to comply with new U.S. and UK sanctions imposed for Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
The announcement of the ban was made while trading was closed for the weekend.
The officials said continued trading of Russian metals off of the exchanges is expected to be at a discount and that it does not restrict supply.

The share of available aluminium stocks of Russian origin in warehouses approved by the LME stood at 91% in March, while the proportion of copper stocks rose to 62% from 52% in February. ...

The high share of Russian-origin metal in LME inventories has been a concern for some producers, who compete with Russia's Rusal, and some Western consumers who have avoided Russian metal since Moscow's invasion of Ukraine in 2022.

https://www.reuters.com/markets/commodi ... 024-04-13/

Industrial metals trading might get a bit wild this week.
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. -Lao Tzu

You can find me ranting at clouds on pmbug.com.
pmbug
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing