Brandt Coin Counter on Craigslist

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Brandt Coin Counter on Craigslist

Postby Corsair » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:10 pm

I don't know too much about coin sorters, but the price looks about right to me. I'm only halfway interested - I don't really think I need one. But...

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/bfs/1978404357.html

What say you guys?
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Re: Brandt Coin Counter on Craigslist

Postby slvrbck » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:22 pm

Those just sort the different coin denominations. . . not the different compositions. Depends on your needs.
Soooo... Is it just me or is a chart of US debt looking dangerously parabolic?
slvrbck
Penny Collector Member

Postby decomputing » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:19 am

slvrbck is correct. This item sorts by denomination. If that is what you are looking for I remember them being a work-horse. A company I worked for replaced this model with a newer coin sorter, so keep in mind that this is not a modern machine but rather loud and clunky.
decomputing

Postby fasteddy » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:15 am

WOW the price is right but it is big....but if you have allot of coin of all denoms then a good deal for sure...I use a Brandt 749...it is a single denom machine....man it will run pennies like no tomorrow....over 10,000 pennies in about six minutes...lol...at myself...the other night the bucket slipped from the discharge and pennies were shooting all over my floor...had to laugh.
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby misteroman » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:26 am

great deal. Would grab if I was you.
misteroman
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Corsair » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:47 am

I understand it doesn't sort the compositions - I have a Ryedale to do that job. I would use it for counting out my coppers and if I could, precounting bags of zincs to go back to the banks.
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby highroller4321 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:40 am

I would not buy this unit. Its old, bluky, and very very loud. If it breaks you will not be able to find parts for them very easily. I would just spend the extra $100 or so and get a CS-10.
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing