An interesting find

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

An interesting find

Postby decomputing » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:41 pm

I picked up another 20 rolls of pennies today and in my sorting I found a penny sized 2 eurocent. It had the color of a penny and on my pencil scale it weighed like a copper Lincoln. I did a quick search for it and wikipedia shows that there are 24 variation of the 2 eurocent. I happened to have found the Greek version of this coin. While contemplating what the composition of this coin must be I noticed that wikipedia says that this coin weighs in at 3.06 grams. That would be pretty nice if this was a copper coin, but as it turns out, it is a copper plated steel coin. Yep, my magnet picked it up nicely.

It was a neat find, but I can't say that I'll be in a hurry to jump the pond looking for more eurocents. However, if some of our eurofriends were to send me some, I'd gladly collect them.
decomputing

Re: An interesting find

Postby didou » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:00 am

(the forum crop the image you can go there to find the original : http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/3278/2centseuro.png)

Here a bunch of them i found here in Canada, always in machine rolled penny roll. I also found a few 5cents euro in nickels machine roll. The 5cents look exactly like the 2cents, nickels sized.

They are cute, but contain no metal value. I don't think they can have any numismatic value either. So, for me, it's fiat money that doesn't worth they're weight in shipping. I'm not selling nor buying but i will keep all i found in my copper mining hobby, i love to find foreign coins.
An individual has rights only as long as he can defend them.
didou
Penny Collector Member

Postby decomputing » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:27 am

Nice collection. Interestingly, I found mine in a CWR.
decomputing

Postby DirtyFingers » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:56 am

I found a 2 eurocent piece in a bag of Lincolns's earlier in the year. It made a trip back to the bank disguised as a zincoln. ;)

DF
....not a fortunate son.
DirtyFingers
Penny Collector Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing