Ugly Abes

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Ugly Abes

Postby rickygee » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:04 pm

When I talk to my brother about cent collecting (hoarding) he always goes on a rant about the extremely nasty pennies he receives in change from cashiers. Yeah, the ugly Abes. He swears they do it to him on purpose.

So as a gag Christmas present I intend to buy the Whitman 'Cents' folder (no dates) and fill it with the most evil ,wicked, mean, nasty , dirty, toxic, disgusting coins I find in my hand sorting. Ya know...I might just start one of these for myself! :lol:
rickygee
Penny Collector Member

Re: Ugly Abes

Postby Rosco » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:20 pm

:roll: How low are you on the Christmas gift exchange now :?: Before this great idea :P :P

:shock: If you run short :mrgreen: I have some to send you
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Postby andrewjackson » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:12 pm

:D That is a great gift idea. A book of ugly Abe's is always better than a stocking full of coal
andrewjackson
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Computer Jones » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:28 pm

Sounds like a great gift idea.

You might have the next Feebay craze:
"Very Desirable Complete Collection of LMC's *Patina 100% Intact* All Coins Guaranteed Circulated And Not Cleaned in Any Way What So Ever"

PS - Some of the ugliest Abe's I've ever seen came from the bottom of one of my Wife's old purse that had a burst pack of Parmesan cheese mixed in with the other detritus at the bottom. I'm guessing they had been aging for at least 2 years before we looked to see if anything was there.
Cheese and Cu don't mix well, if you need to develop the patina for some of the collection.
Computer Jones
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Numis Pam » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:48 am

Ok... this would be a riot.. :lol: :mrgreen:
The Next time one of my family members teases me about my coin roll hunting and hoarding, this is exactly what they will get for their birthday or christmas gift!!! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Too Busy Sorting and Hoarding to Post Very Often! :-)
Numis Pam
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing