"COOL" Mining for .999 Nickel with a Mag Switch.

Discussions pertaining to the investing in, collecting and saving of U.S. CuNi Nickels and Canadian Ni and CuNi Nickels, and other coins containing nickel. Put in your "5 cents" here.

"COOL" Mining for .999 Nickel with a Mag Switch.

Postby henrysmedford » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:55 pm

We just got back from the coin shop and used a Mag Switch to find the .999 Nickel. We just turned it on and found about 20 percent of the coins were magnetic and then dump them into a new tray. After that we could find the .999 Nickel with ease. We just checked this list High Nickel Content Coins to make sure. I have no idea how the Mag Switch works. :mrgreen: We can buy junk .999 coins a 6 cents each. Also my wife likes the Mag Switch I had it shipped to my work at first as my wife is sort of a anti-coin-wife. :mrgreen: You know all that coin junk in the way. But this Mag Switch is fun to play with.

A must see.--

And this would have taken a long time to find by looking at each coin but we got it in the first pass--
999 by henrysmedford, on Flickr
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Re: "COOL" Mining for .999 Nickel with a Mag Switch.

Postby henrysmedford » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:13 pm

Thanks to member Engineer for this.

henrysmedford wrote:
Engineer wrote:I have a couple ideas, but I'm not sure how well they'd work. Does it have a patent number? If so, there should be drawings on google patents.

Look like two--
http://www.google.com/patents/US6707360

And

http://www.google.com/patents/US7012495

Joe
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Re: "COOL" Mining for .999 Nickel with a Mag Switch.

Postby Engineer » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:36 am

henrysmedford wrote:Thanks to member Engineer for this.

henrysmedford wrote:
Engineer wrote:I have a couple ideas, but I'm not sure how well they'd work. Does it have a patent number? If so, there should be drawings on google patents.

The mag switch works by using two magnetic disks which either turn the magnetic poles to act together or cancel each other out. Its a pretty neat design.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Nickel Bullion & CuNi Bullion Coins