Where can I find nickel bars?

Discussions pertaining to the investing in, collecting and saving of U.S. CuNi Nickels and Canadian Ni and CuNi Nickels, and other coins containing nickel. Put in your "5 cents" here.

Where can I find nickel bars?

Postby Recyclersteve » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:13 pm

I've seen copper, silver and gold bars, but have never seen nickel bars. Any idea where they are available and are the premiums just as ridiculous as they are with copper?
Last edited by Recyclersteve on Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Where can I find nickel bars?

Postby ZenOps » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:01 am

Pure nickel bars are rare. You might have more luck finding nickel shot. Truth be known, much of the nickel mined in the last year went to overpriced stainless steel appliance covers (double price refridgerators, etc.)

Art bars are a small fortune: http://coppercave.com/copper/index.php? ... t&catId=55

KitcoMetals states that there should be 262,000 tons of nickel in what should probably be mostly bar form out there... But I've never seen one either.
Beaver collector
ZenOps
Penny Collector Member

Re: Where can I find nickel bars?

Postby cooyon » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:27 pm

You might do a search on feebay in the bullion area...recently they had at least one 999 round, also nickel shot, not sure if there were nickel bars, I think I saw some but I may have just been numb from the cold.
cooyon
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Nickel Bullion & CuNi Bullion Coins