Just Wondering

Discussions pertaining to the investing in, collecting and saving of U.S. CuNi Nickels and Canadian Ni and CuNi Nickels, and other coins containing nickel. Put in your "5 cents" here.

Just Wondering

Postby dakota1955 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:39 pm

I just got done moving a few months ago. I sold my copper before I moved but I move a whole bunch of nickels. I was wondering if it is worth sorting those by decades and offering them on a KSA and what would the be worth know that the 40's would have no silver being they go some where else.
Any thoughts?
dakota1955
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Just Wondering

Postby Recyclersteve » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:57 pm

If it is just U.S. Nickels and you don't want to waste a lot of time, I wouldn't waste time going through them. After all, you got rid of the pennies and nickels are 75% copper. Now if you had Canadian nickels in quantity (.999 nickels minted before 1982), that might be worth spending some time on.

Just as a rule of thumb, if we had a 4/4/40 environment ($4 a pound copper, $4 a gallon gas, and $40 an ounce silver), then it might be worth spending some time going through the nickels. But that could be a long time off.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Nickel Bullion & CuNi Bullion Coins