Almost but no cigar

Discussions pertaining to the investing in, collecting and saving of U.S. CuNi Nickels and Canadian Ni and CuNi Nickels, and other coins containing nickel. Put in your "5 cents" here.

Almost but no cigar

Postby cwgii » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:26 pm

Whopping $10 nickels,..drum roll.. 1950..P had my heart thump ing for a second. Still , think it might be #4/5 in the KKK I have looked at.
cwgii
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Almost but no cigar

Postby Recyclersteve » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:15 pm

cwgii wrote:Whopping $10 nickels,..drum roll.. 1950..P had my heart thump ing for a second. Still , think it might be #4/5 in the KKK I have looked at.

Besides a certain Klan, what does KKK stand for?
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby aloneibreak » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:31 pm

Recyclersteve wrote:
cwgii wrote:Whopping $10 nickels,..drum roll.. 1950..P had my heart thump ing for a second. Still , think it might be #4/5 in the KKK I have looked at.

Besides a certain Klan, what does KKK stand for?

i read it as "thousands" : shrugs :
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby fasteddy » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:00 pm

Wow, that was close...I haven't found any 1950's at all among the thousands (KKK) of nickels I have searched.
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:11 pm

I've found perhaps 3-4 1950-P's over decades of looking, but never a "D".
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby cwgii » Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:04 am

Bump
With no Coin to sort I have turned to resorting stuff on hand. To my surprise n a tin with my V and a couple nice buffaloes I came across a 50-D

I mst have found it when I was just starting and put it aside.
cwgii

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:29 am

cwgii wrote:Bump
With no Coin to sort I have turned to resorting stuff on hand. To my surprise n a tin with my V and a couple nice buffaloes I came across a 50-D

I must have found it when I was just starting and put it aside.

I have a whole bunch of pre-1960's in a 1 gal bucket. For some reason I never kept my eye out for a 1950D. Now I have something to do when I'm bored.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Return to Nickel Bullion & CuNi Bullion Coins