Newsweek reporter looking for interviews

Discussions pertaining to the investing in, collecting and saving of U.S. CuNi Nickels and Canadian Ni and CuNi Nickels, and other coins containing nickel. Put in your "5 cents" here.

Re: Newsweek reporter looking for interviews

Postby shinnosuke » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:13 pm

shinnosuke wrote:So how many new members here joined because of this article?

So now how many new members here joined because of this article?

http://www.newsweek.com/2011/05/01/brother-can-you-spare-a-nickel.html
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:45 am

Remember this reporter? He recently wrote an article about going to church with Mitt Romney.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mckaycoppins/i-went-to-church-with-mitt-romney-this-morning
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby SilverDragon72 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:30 pm

shinnosuke wrote:
shinnosuke wrote:So how many new members here joined because of this article?

So now how many new members here joined because of this article?

http://www.newsweek.com/2011/05/01/brother-can-you-spare-a-nickel.html

Not me. I stumbled upon this site well after the article was written.
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby PennyPauper » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:54 am

shinnosuke wrote:Remember this reporter? He recently wrote an article about going to church with Mitt Romney.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mckaycoppins/i-went-to-church-with-mitt-romney-this-morning

That was a good one from our friend. This one not so much.
http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/30/buzzf ... ief-event/
Kind of funny the media reaction. He probably is right about him.
There is always a 40% chance I say something stupid,that for me is just the starting point.

A copper penny for your thoughts.
PennyPauper
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:19 am

I give him credit for owning up to it and what it was, and for acknowledging that Romney exceeded his expectations. But the bottom line is reporters are bottom feeders that are selling headlines. Truth is secondary. Sometimes truth comes out, but it's a side effect.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby shinnosuke » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:31 am

PennyPauper wrote:
shinnosuke wrote:Remember this reporter? He recently wrote an article about going to church with Mitt Romney.

There is always a 40% chance I say something stupid,that for me is just the starting point.

Very funny, PennyPauper.

Hey, have you guys ever heard of The Red Green show from Canada? At the end of the show, the stars would go into their lodge meeting and say the Man's Prayer: "I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess."

Making mistakes is just part of being a man. It's ridiculous to gleefully anticipate someone else making mistakes.
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:35 am

shinnosuke wrote:Hey, have you guys ever heard of The Red Green show from Canada? At the end of the show, the stars would go into their lodge meeting and say the Man's Prayer: "I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess."

Rings a bell, I think I had heard of that but had forgotten about it. Sounds perfectly normal. :)

shinnosuke wrote:Making mistakes is just part of being a man. It's ridiculous to gleefully anticipate someone else making mistakes.

Roger that. Part of being human; but men have perfected it... ;)
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby creshka46 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:42 pm

Haha, yes! I LOVE the red green show! I haven't seen it in a while but it's definitely one of my favorites.

shinnosuke wrote:
PennyPauper wrote:

Very funny, PennyPauper.

Hey, have you guys ever heard of The Red Green show from Canada? At the end of the show, the stars would go into their lodge meeting and say the Man's Prayer: "I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess."

Making mistakes is just part of being a man. It's ridiculous to gleefully anticipate someone else making mistakes.
Pennies: $4200 - (0) indians - (5)steel - (1) George V Canadian
Nickels: $6500 - (62)war - (23)buf - (1)V nic - (4) key date jeff's
Dimes: $5000 - (24)roos - (2)merc - (2)AgCAN
Halves: $8000 - (7)'64 - (33)40% - (1)walker
creshka46
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby PennyPauper » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:33 am

Keep your stick on the ice!
PennyPauper
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Engineer » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:56 am

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:10 am

Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby shinnosuke » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:02 pm

Bump. Just because this was such a fun thread.
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:02 pm

Bump. Just because this was such a fun thread.
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Previous

Return to Nickel Bullion & CuNi Bullion Coins