Free Nickel again on EBay

Discussions pertaining to the investing in, collecting and saving of U.S. CuNi Nickels and Canadian Ni and CuNi Nickels, and other coins containing nickel. Put in your "5 cents" here.

Free Nickel again on EBay

Postby lewbo » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:12 pm

I did this a while back got a good 1964 nickel not sure if I would call it proof but at least uncirculated. Says 99 cents but read details and all you have to do is send your email and leave positive feedback.

http://cgi.ebay.com/FREE-FREE-SUPERB-GE ... 35acacc8d1
Selling US pennies 1.9 face shipped. Never mind I am keeping everything!
lewbo
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Free Nickel again on EBay

Postby misteroman » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:42 am

pretty cheap and easy way for them to get a killer feedback rating quickly. Best they are just breaking up 60-64 proof sets for the silver. Probably give ya a free penny too in another auction
misteroman
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby blackrabbit » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:44 pm

Thanks for the heads up, I got a real nice 1963 proof last time. I just "bought" another free nickel. Free coins, I am happy to take them!
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby appjoe » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:57 pm

When do they mark it as paid ? I left the feed back and my mailing address.
BTW I'm a newbe here and a lot of the abbreviations I'm not familar with such as FRN, AG CWR ect. Is there somewhere in a post that lists them.
Thank You
appjoe
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby DirtyFingers » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:46 am

The free nickel is a good deal but I had an odd experience when I ordered one late in August. It was 99¢ as a minimum to keep Ebay happy, I hit BIN and of course Ebay asked me to pay for it now. So, per instructions from the seller, I didn't pay for it, left the seller glowing feedback and upon me doing that he would mark it as paid and send me the nickel. He sent the nickel but didn't mark it as paid. Several days later I receive a email from Ebay reminding me to pay for the nickel. I send the seller an email asking him to please mark it as paid. Nothing happened, 3 or 4 more days go by and I get another email from Ebay telling me that I had until such and such a date to pay for it or some of my privileges would be suspended. I send another email to the seller asking him to please help me to get this straightened out. In the meantime, the feedback I gave for the seller disappeared! I didn't hear anything back from the seller and a day later I sent him another email asking for his help and this time he wrote back and told me not to worry that Ebay would send me as many as 3 or 4 notices before privileges are suspended. I wrote back and told him I had a clean record with Ebay and I would kind of like to keep it that way. Only I wasn't so nice to him this time. He finally did a cancelled transaction, right after that Ebay tells me that the unpaid item case had been closed, the seller left me a positive feedback and I've still got the nickel. I never did figure out why the feedback I left him disappeared. I am guessing Ebay deleted it when they opened up the unpaid item case on me.

WHEW!!! All this for a 5¢ piece. Now I like nickels as much as the next guy, but the "free" part of that particular free nickel wasn't really worth it. Hope you guys have better luck then I did. The nickel I received had bad juju from the start.

DF
....not a fortunate son.
DirtyFingers
Penny Collector Member

Postby blackrabbit » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:57 pm

Mine never was marked as paid either, but I just deleted it and never have been bothered at all.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby Shattered » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:49 am

First time I did this everything was fine. I expect the same this time around. I ordered it last night before work and it already says he shipped it out.
Shattered
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby appjoe » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:01 am

I just checked my Ebay account and it's marked as paid, shipped and he left positive feed back. I guess all is ok. Just have to wait now for it to arrive.
appjoe
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby decomputing » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:04 pm

DirtyFingers wrote:The free nickel is a good deal but I had an odd experience when I ordered one late in August. It was 99¢ as a minimum to keep Ebay happy, I hit BIN and of course Ebay asked me to pay for it now. So, per instructions from the seller, I didn't pay for it, left the seller glowing feedback and upon me doing that he would mark it as paid and send me the nickel. He sent the nickel but didn't mark it as paid. Several days later I receive a email from Ebay reminding me to pay for the nickel. I send the seller an email asking him to please mark it as paid. Nothing happened, 3 or 4 more days go by and I get another email from Ebay telling me that I had until such and such a date to pay for it or some of my privileges would be suspended. I send another email to the seller asking him to please help me to get this straightened out. In the meantime, the feedback I gave for the seller disappeared! I didn't hear anything back from the seller and a day later I sent him another email asking for his help and this time he wrote back and told me not to worry that Ebay would send me as many as 3 or 4 notices before privileges are suspended. I wrote back and told him I had a clean record with Ebay and I would kind of like to keep it that way. Only I wasn't so nice to him this time. He finally did a cancelled transaction, right after that Ebay tells me that the unpaid item case had been closed, the seller left me a positive feedback and I've still got the nickel. I never did figure out why the feedback I left him disappeared. I am guessing Ebay deleted it when they opened up the unpaid item case on me.

WHEW!!! All this for a 5¢ piece. Now I like nickels as much as the next guy, but the "free" part of that particular free nickel wasn't really worth it. Hope you guys have better luck then I did. The nickel I received had bad juju from the start.

DF

I was able to mark mine as paid in my ebay.
decomputing

Postby DirtyFingers » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:56 pm

I never thought about deleting it or marking it as paid. That's what I get for following instructions. I'll know better the next time.

DF
....not a fortunate son.
DirtyFingers
Penny Collector Member

Postby Shattered » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:41 pm

Haha, I sent him a message asking if we could "buy" multiple nickels from him. He straight out said he is only doing it to keep his rating high. He isn't trying to hide it.

He also said only one per ebay account. I feel kinda bad considering I already got two from him. He said it costs him about $2 to get the nicks and ship them out.
Shattered
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Corsair » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:43 pm

I got mine today - it looks great. Maybe the luster is improved by it being free...?
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby dakota1955 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:19 pm

got one more in the mail today a nice 62
dakota1955

Postby decomputing » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:47 pm

I got a pretty nice 63 from him today. I used my wifes account to order another.
decomputing

Postby TXBullion » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:54 pm

Ok i think you can do these every 7 to 10 days or something. I guess ill see if thats true but anyways, heres a new listing if you got it when lewbo posted it

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 720wt_1124
TXBullion

Return to Nickel Bullion & CuNi Bullion Coins