Silver - $27 going to Zero! Call your boss..beg for job back

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Silver was $17 Now at new low $16....going to zero?

Postby Country » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:10 pm

Country wrote:Seems to be all about the $USD strength to me. Right now USD is King. However, we've seen run-ups like this before. Usually, the other countries start complaining, US companies start complaining, and then the G-x gets together in some sort of a meeting in Switzerland, and the currency that is too high gets readjusted.

Definitely looks like capitulation in SILVER. GOLD seems to have buyers; perhaps many sovereigns are taking advantage of the downturn.

$USD WEAKENING! Guess what happens next... :mrgreen:
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby Saabman » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:47 am

Big drop today......into the mid $16.00 dollar range......down about 2.40%.....Will it continue to decline further? Or should the dry powder come out? Thoughts?
Cerca Trova!!!

Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think.
-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby reddirtcoins » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:21 am

GSR 72.2
I'm still holding strong.. waiting for it to fall further. About -$4 more and I'm moving in. Still been buying a small amount but at this GSR I just can't stand it.
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:27 am

reddirtcoins wrote:GSR 72.2
I'm still holding strong.. waiting for it to fall further. About -$4 more and I'm moving in. Still been buying a small amount but at this GSR I just can't stand it.

This is me exactly.....with mid 13 as a trigger to dump cash reserves. At sub 10 I'm selling beloved Numi. At sub 5 I'm looting for funds. :twisted:
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby 93_Confirmed » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:34 am

Rodebaugh wrote:
reddirtcoins wrote:GSR 72.2

This is me exactly.....with mid 13 as a trigger to dump cash reserves. At sub 10 I'm selling beloved Numi. At sub 5 I'm looting for funds. :twisted:

Silver at mid-13s? :shock:
"When you place an order at NWT, they write it down on a slip of paper and hand it to a guy with a pickaxe who rides off to the Pan American mine on a donkey". - natsb88
93_Confirmed
Penny Collector Member

Postby pennypicker » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:55 am

Rodebaugh wrote:This is me exactly.....with mid 13 as a trigger to dump cash reserves. At sub 10 I'm selling beloved Numi. At sub 5 I'm looting for funds. :twisted:

At $15 I'll be selling off my beloved baseball cards. At $13 I will dump my girlfriend...

...after second thought at $15 I'll dump the girlfriend and at $13 I'll let go with my vintage cards--I do have my priorities!
"IF I HAD TO PICK ONE PLAYER TO TAKE THE LAST SHOT TO WIN THE GAME I WOULD PICK MICHAEL JORDEN...IF I HAD TO PICK ONE PLAYER TO TAKE THE LAST SHOT TO SAVE MY LIFE I WOULD PICK LARRY BIRD"--Pat Riley, Laker Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:09 am

At some point I would have to sell off cents!! =8-0
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby TwoPenniesEarned » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:56 am

I'm wondering what consensus is here in terms of where we will bottom out and when.

My forecast is $14ish some time in early-mid 2015. I love the metal and think it is undervalued, but I have come to appreciate that our world is run on an engine of fraud. And that engine hasn't hit its' peak RPM's yet by a long shot. So I'm putting my chips on more fraud, combined with some terror in the general populace in reaction to some deflationary event. I think that will be the bottom. So I'm saving up my paper money and waiting for it.

Everyone else?
TwoPenniesEarned
Penny Collector Member

Postby 93_Confirmed » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:19 pm

TwoPenniesEarned wrote:I'm wondering what consensus is here in terms of where we will bottom out and when.

My forecast is $14ish some time in early-mid 2015. I love the metal and think it is undervalued, but I have come to appreciate that our world is run on an engine of fraud. And that engine hasn't hit its' peak RPM's yet by a long shot. So I'm putting my chips on more fraud, combined with some terror in the general populace in reaction to some deflationary event. I think that will be the bottom. So I'm saving up my paper money and waiting for it.

Everyone else?

My gut-feeling forecast is we bottom out in the low $15s by the end of the year and that will end up being the bottom for a very long time. I don't see it ever coming back into the teens once we get out. My personal strategy is slow and steady - I spend $50-$100 a week at my LCS and try to get the best deals I can.
"When you place an order at NWT, they write it down on a slip of paper and hand it to a guy with a pickaxe who rides off to the Pan American mine on a donkey". - natsb88
93_Confirmed
Penny Collector Member

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:19 am

It crossed over 16 briefly, and gold as well hit a 4+ year low below 1170. I ordered 10 oz from Silvertowne last night using a coupon at net $17 shipped. Probably the cheapest new bullion I've gotten since 2009 or early 2010, but I will not discount further declines because the market can undervalue items at multiples of what they should be. Just like when I picked up Ford circa 2008 (whenever it was) at a buck and change, which was insane. Buying will not cease for me but I'll be looking for signs that the irrational exuberance has passed before I back my newest truck up to the dock.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Re: Silver was $16...... Now $15

Postby Rodebaugh » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:13 am

15.94 title updated.
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Rodebaugh » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:16 am

73 GSR !!!!!!
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby pennypicker » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:00 am

Looks like a currency war taking hold with the dollar on the rise and silver heading south. Goldman Sachs predicts $1050 gold by year's end.
"IF I HAD TO PICK ONE PLAYER TO TAKE THE LAST SHOT TO WIN THE GAME I WOULD PICK MICHAEL JORDEN...IF I HAD TO PICK ONE PLAYER TO TAKE THE LAST SHOT TO SAVE MY LIFE I WOULD PICK LARRY BIRD"--Pat Riley, Laker Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 93_Confirmed » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:36 am

Rodebaugh wrote:73 GSR !!!!!!

Is the 80+ GSR from 08'-09' the highest it's ever been? I couldn't find a chart beyond 10-year.
93_Confirmed
Penny Collector Member

Postby brian0918 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:57 am

93_Confirmed wrote:
Rodebaugh wrote:73 GSR !!!!!!

Is the 80+ GSR from 08'-09' the highest it's ever been? I couldn't find a chart beyond 10-year.

It hit 100 back in 1991.
"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." -- Ayn Rand
brian0918
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby ZenOps » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:28 pm

Daaaaamn. I can't make it to LCS until tues, but I will definitely see if they have anything for sale.

Amazing how sudden drops cause people to panic and sell the real thing. Never totally understood why people do that, but I'll be there to catch them.
Beaver collector
ZenOps
Penny Collector Member

Postby 93_Confirmed » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:59 pm

ZenOps wrote:Daaaaamn. I can't make it to LCS until tues, but I will definitely see if they have anything for sale.

Amazing how sudden drops cause people to panic and sell the real thing. Never totally understood why people do that, but I'll be there to catch them.

You should grab some online in the meantime either here or BullionStacker. If not those, then check Provident and APMEX.
93_Confirmed
Penny Collector Member

Postby barrytrot » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:47 am

Assuming it stays close to $16 or goes lower I'm going to get back in with a few paper investments on Monday. The "maximum loss" seems to be very little at this stage.
barrytrot

Postby MatthewsTech » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:26 am

In your opinions... We going even lower? I'm tempted to load up but i wouldnt be surprised if we see $11 silver in the next 6 months. I wouldnt even be surprised if we saw sub $10 silver for a day or 2 before it starts to recover.
1% Cash Back on Bullion from Ebay @ ebates: http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrerid=EmU8DkL62%2BPQi2w8e28nMQ%3D%3D&eeid=26471 (referral link)

Plus earn even more at most online retailers.
MatthewsTech
Penny Pincher Member

Postby aloneibreak » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:42 pm

down 2.44% right now

:roll:
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby silverstacker » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:17 pm

aloneibreak wrote:down 2.44% right now

:roll:

Keep dollar cost averaging. As a wise friend told me, it won't lose more than another $15 or so. :roll:
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby barrytrot » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:32 am

Down 2.44% isn't even as low as it was on Friday, so not surprising (it does appear it fell briefly to new low-of-lows but rebounded to only "as low as previous low"). And actually it's refreshing that it isn't finding yet-new super lows with L-shaped downward flow :)

It certainly could drop, but with the absolute floor so close it just feels like a pretty safe time to go in!
barrytrot

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:28 pm

The sentiment on PMs is as low as it's ever been = contrary indicator.

$8-12 is possible, but not probable.

MUCH better buying here than in the $20's, $30's or $40's.

Buy as much as you can and put it away.

TPTB are desperate. The paper PM market is on it's last legs.
Last edited by Cu Penny Hoarder on Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby barrytrot » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:30 pm

I didn't buy any more today as the price was higher at the stock market open and basically stayed there.
barrytrot

Postby Recyclersteve » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:39 pm

This is a very strange time. If you believe that miners are going to go bankrupt, that would decrease production quantities, which could ultimately be good for the price of silver. So I can understand if someone feels a bit uneasy about rooting for some bankruptcies to be announced soon because they feel their personal stack would then become more valuable. That person would likely be less at ease if they had physical silver and also owned stocks in silver miners. Of course, the paper shorts can do what they want to distort the markets- who knows when that will end...
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

PreviousNext

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals