Personal Best Haul Ever!!!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Personal Best Haul Ever!!!

Postby silverstacker » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:52 pm

I started roll searching late last year and would normally find 2 and sometimes up to 4 silver Rosie's per box. I bought maybe 6 boxes of halves total and found probably 8 - 40% and 2 90% halves.

Well this week I spent my week on business in ND and tried two small mom and pop banks for just a box of dimes while I was out there only to be shot down.

Well....on my way back from O'hare today I stopped at one of the branches of my bank and picked up one $250 box of dimes and this is what I found:

69 - 90% Rosie's

And 1 1962 Canadian silver dime

I have problems uploading pics or I would show you the rolls that I took pics of as well as all of them together. I'm so pumped right now!!!! :D :D :D
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Personal Best Haul Ever!!!

Postby NotABigDeal » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:54 pm

Freakin' awesome man.

Hell yeah.

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

Control your kids and your crazy ass relatives, leave my guns alone.

TTS 10/30/60-10/25/13 Dad.
NotABigDeal
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Thogey » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:09 am

silverstacker wrote:I started roll searching late last year and would normally find 2 and sometimes up to 4 silver Rosie's per box. I bought maybe 6 boxes of halves total and found probably 8 - 40% and 2 90% halves.

Well this week I spent my week on business in ND and tried two small mom and pop banks for just a box of dimes while I was out there only to be shot down.

Well....on my way back from O'hare today I stopped at one of the branches of my bank and picked up one $250 box of dimes and this is what I found:

69 - 90% Rosie's

I have problems uploading pics or I would show you the rolls that I took pics of as well as all of them together. I'm so pumped right now!!!! :D :D :D

The poor old bastard probably hasn't even had his funeral yet.

Bully! Go back to the mine and buy all their dimes.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby silverstacker » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:42 am

Thogey wrote:
silverstacker wrote:I started roll searching late last year and would normally find 2 and sometimes up to 4 silver Rosie's per box. I bought maybe 6 boxes of halves total and found probably 8 - 40% and 2 90% halves.

69 - 90% Rosie's

The poor old bastard probably hasn't even had his funeral yet.

Bully! Go back to the mine and buy all their dimes.

I'm going to be the first in line!!!!
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Rustynail » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:25 am

That's a great haul..can't beat Free silver. I've been thinking about starting to search whole boxes.
I am always looking for 90% Halves and fractional Gold..to buy or trade for..PM Me
Rustynail

Postby knibloe » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:29 am

Very nice.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby dakota1955 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:33 am

What part of ND were you at?
dakota1955

Postby Saabman » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:40 am

Sweet score!!!!! Wtg!!!!
Cerca Trova!!!

Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think.
-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby silverstacker » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:55 am

dakota1955 wrote:What part of ND were you at?

I flew into Fargo and then went to

Grand Forks
Minot
Taylor
Bismarck
Castleton

900 miles...ugh
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby J_Dodge » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:15 pm

Silverstacker

Absolutely un-real. Congrats!

JD
J_Dodge
Penny Collector Member

Postby dakota1955 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:07 pm

you were with in 40 miles of me
dakota1955

Postby Catfish4u » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:21 pm

Congrats!!!!
Catfish4u
Penny Pincher Member

Postby silverstacker » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:44 pm

Thanks everyone. I went back today and bought 2 more boxes from the same bank so after the kids go to bed we will see if there is more :) :)
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby amalekidad » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:12 pm

Welllllll - what was in those 2 boxes? Must have been skunky or you would have let us know already..
amalekidad
Penny Collector Member

Postby silverstacker » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:16 am

amalekidad wrote:Welllllll - what was in those 2 boxes? Must have been skunky or you would have let us know already..

Just got back from a long trip. Those boxes offered 2 rosies. Hey I'm still happy. Can't get big wins like that all the time. Had some luck this evening on some halves which was nice. Bought a box and got 13 - 40% kennedys and 1 a 90% Kennedy.

Feeling good about that. Teller said that he had one more box of halves if I wanted it so I think I will dump and then take those tomorrow . I will let you know what happens there.

I seem to have a good area here. Minimum 2 rosies per box on dimes and the halves have been nice as well.

Hey it's a free hobby for me.
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals