Summer Silver hunt

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Summer Silver hunt

Postby GGerrands » Fri May 29, 2015 1:53 pm

I haven't had a chance to coin roll hunt dimes since Christmas. I have some free time while waiting on my car to get repaired, so I thought I would try my luck with a few boxes.

Got 8 boxes the other day. 6 of them were brand new rolls of solid 2015's. I didn't open any of those but went through the other two boxes, which were machine-wrapped rolls showing older coins on the end.

Found three silver dimes in the two boxes: a 1964, a 1946, and a 1942 Merc. Unfortunately the Merc didn't have a "1" underneath the "2" in the date. :thumbdown: :lol:

GGerrands
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Summer Silver hunt

Postby silverstacker » Fri May 29, 2015 7:37 pm

Just about ready to crack open a few boxes along with some halves. Just love it
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby deacon » Sat May 30, 2015 11:31 pm

I used to love hunting for silver. Unfortunately I now live in an area where banks charge a couple percent to take coins. That feeling when you open a roll and see solid silver is great. when you see three in one roll I get super excited. Half the time it was Canadian. :(
deacon
Penny Collector Member

Postby pennypicker » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:10 am

Must be a neat feeling to find a Merc in change...hope to experience it someday!
"IF I HAD TO PICK ONE PLAYER TO TAKE THE LAST SHOT TO WIN THE GAME I WOULD PICK MICHAEL JORDEN...IF I HAD TO PICK ONE PLAYER TO TAKE THE LAST SHOT TO SAVE MY LIFE I WOULD PICK LARRY BIRD"--Pat Riley, Laker Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals