Thrift shop find

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Thrift shop find

Postby cwgii » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:27 pm

Yesterday while in town I stopped at a new thrift store.$11 for an Ellis island round proof
cwgii
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Thrift shop find

Postby coppernickel » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:04 pm

:clap: Excellent find. :thumbup:
Silver Monometalism is the most permanent and stable form of money the world has seen. Natural law and history prove silver value is best multiplied by gold and best divided by copper. It is only in this counterfeit currency time when the natural law appears suspended.
coppernickel
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Changechecker » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:03 pm

Pays to shop local. Nice.
Changechecker
Penny Collector Member

Postby Thogey » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:36 am

Bully!
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby Saabman » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:53 am

Score!!! WTG!!
Cerca Trova!!!

Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think.
-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby cwgii » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:41 pm

Yes I liked that find. Even better 2 weeks ago I paid 3 for a 8 inch bowl by Rogers. Marked....sterling
cwgii

Postby pennypicker » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:21 pm

cwgii wrote:Yes I liked that find. Even better 2 weeks ago I paid 3 for a 8 inch bowl by Rogers. Marked....sterling

Now that's a find! :o
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby stas3000 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:36 pm

Wow, impressive! Amazing finds, cwgii! And there I thought a 1991 Mt Rushmore $1 proof for $20 was a really good find the other day. :)
Accepting payments via Zelle, PPFF, PPGS (add 3.75%), Venmo, cashier/bank check, personal check, concealed cash.
stas3000
Penny Pincher Member

Postby cwgii » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:05 pm

pennypicker wrote:
cwgii wrote:Yes I liked that find. Even better 2 weeks ago I paid 3 for a 8 inch bowl by Rogers. Marked....sterling

Now that's a find! :o

In all my life of thrifting this is the first time I have ever seen a sterling piece
cwgii

Postby TXSTARFIRE » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:32 pm

I used to look all the time for sterling and never found anything. I guess I should keep looking.
TXSTARFIRE
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Changechecker » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:23 pm

Awesome finds. Pays to pay attention to details.
Just stopped at an antique mall. Hundreds of cases filled with everything under the sun.
At least a dozen or more cases with coins. Cherry picked two nice Quarters. 1900 Barber $6.00 and a 1892 Barber
$4.00.
Both hole fillers and good to VG condition.
Changechecker
Penny Collector Member

Postby cwgii » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:49 pm

TXSTARFIRE wrote:I used to look all the time for sterling and never found anything. I guess I should keep looking.

Very first for me..but do know I missed one before I learned about the lion stamp
cwgii

Postby cwgii » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:52 pm

Changechecker wrote:Awesome finds. Pays to pay attention to details.
Just stopped at an antique mall. Hundreds of cases filled with everything under the sun.
At least a dozen or more cases with coins. Cherry picked two nice Quarters. 1900 Barber $6.00 and a 1892 Barber
$4.00.
Both hole fillers and good to VG condition.

I did one of those 200 booth places, one time.made my mind whirl with information overload
In hind sight the brown Ike's at 10 might have been good.ended up with, a pocket knife.
cwgii

Postby Changechecker » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:03 pm

Decided to stretch my legs today and took a ride back to the antique mall. Worth the trip. Found a silver dime for $1.50, eight walking liberty halls for $70.00, eight Kennedy for $70.00 and a few good liberty quarters at $5.00 each.
Cashing out i asked if there were any discounts and she had a 20% off coupon for the whole order. I was pleasantly surprised. Nothing like silver below spot.
Changechecker
Penny Collector Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:33 pm

Changechecker wrote:Decided to stretch my legs today and took a ride back to the antique mall. Worth the trip. Found a silver dime for $1.50, eight walking liberty halls for $70.00, eight Kennedy for $70.00 and a few good liberty quarters at $5.00 each.
Cashing out i asked if there were any discounts and she had a 20% off coupon for the whole order. I was pleasantly surprised. Nothing like silver below spot.

You sure they're real? Lots of Chi-nee counterfeits out there.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Changechecker » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:46 pm

I have no problem with this seller. He has a bunch of cases in this mall and others at another mall as well. I received an email alert that this weekend they are offering another 20% off deal and a "draw a ball" at the check out for an additional 5% to 20% more discount on top of the initial 20% promotion. I will be spreading some Christmas green this weekend if I find more deals.
Changechecker
Penny Collector Member

Postby Changechecker » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:52 pm

Decided to go to the antique mall today (first day of the Christmas ball). Good thing as I saw several collectors there that I knew. Count myself lucky as I scored 23 nice franklin halves and a 90% Kennedy as well as 10 Kennedy 40%. All in price after discounts and tax was $22.62 per ounce. Glad I went.
Changechecker
Penny Collector Member

Postby Aghead » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:10 pm

In an antique high end furniture store. They had some old jewelry, I asked about coins,,, he brought out some old stuff I didn't want. He had a carded little piece of metal.
It was hand written 1 grain palladium. I asked him how much? He said just take it. I gave him a little money ( a dollar + change in my pocket) because we didn't know value.
This was nearly 10 yrs back.
Aghead

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:17 am

Aghead wrote:In an antique high end furniture store. They had some old jewelry, I asked about coins,,, he brought out some old stuff I didn't want. He had a carded little piece of metal.
It was hand written 1 grain palladium. I asked him how much? He said just take it. I gave him a little money ( a dollar + change in my pocket) because we didn't know value.
This was nearly 10 yrs back.

Interestingly enough, that's about what the going rate for Pd was at that time. About a dollar per grain.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals