Silver moving - $29.00!!!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Silver moving - $29.00!!!

Postby Lemon Thrower » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:46 am

Ffrom 31 December 2023 until today, 10 April 2024, gold has risen 13.0% and silver 17.2%.

From 1 March 2024 until today, Gold has added $242.7 or 11.6% and silver has exploded up 481¢ or 20.8%. In the same time the gold/silver ratio has fallen 7.6%. Out of the last twelve days’ trading, gold has made ten new all-time highs.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Silver moving - $29.00!!!

Postby Morsecode » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:26 pm

I stopped by coin shop #2 today because it was raining and I was bored. Coin shop #1 replied to my earlier text saying he was too busy with appointments and that I could come in Saturday if I was still looking to buy.

I wanted to maybe buy a roll or two of Washington quarters (he had none) but all he had were Standing Liberties (too pricey), so I looked at a 250 gram Germania loaf. Cute little thing, comes shrink-wrapped and packed in it's own little box. $250.00

The TV was on and there appeared to be a midday Comex smackdown starting. New price, $240.00

I went home with the two that he had.

Who would have thought I'd be happy to pay $30/ounce ever again? :P
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby shinnosuke » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:32 pm

Morsecode wrote:Who would have thought I'd be happy to pay $30/ounce ever again? :P

Isn't human psychology interesting? We should have sold the house and bought Ag at $16, but no....we wait until the price is climbing again to feel the panic or FOMO.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:26 pm

FOMO indeed is a very powerful motivator for metals and even the stock market. The thing about stocks is that it is generally pretty easy to get the price history. So you often know when virtually everyone (except those short sellers betting it will go down) is making money.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby Morsecode » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:09 pm

FOMO...been there, done that. I can remember chasing Eastern Airlines stock, which came into being right after the Wright brothers I think :lol:

But this here is just a continuation bet that started 1st week of January. I may have to end the accumulation phase if we go much higher. Although my target total weights are not too far off anyway. Then it's back to bagging 50 dollar bills.
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Postby Lemon Thrower » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:37 am

Spoke to a large dealer today. He said premiums are dropping because old bulls like me are emptying out their safes. That leads me to believe that the price action is futures driven, not physical driven.

I think the lesson is the price is going higher while premiums might be going lower. A good time to look for higher quality items.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby coindood » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:21 pm

Iran attacking Israel today.

$30 as early as next week?
coindood
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:33 pm

Not to sound flippant, but I imagine some of the bombs being dropped have silver in them that is being vaporized.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby shinnosuke » Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:35 am

coindood wrote:Iran attacking Israel today.

$30 as early as next week?

In this era of 24/7 instant news reporting, it doesn't make sense for silver markets to shut down for the weekend.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby silverflake » Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:21 pm

Quote of Recyclersteve - "Not to sound flippant, but I imagine some of the bombs being dropped have silver in them that is being vaporized."

Over 500 ounces of silver in a tomahawk missile. Silver is a military metal too.
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:03 pm

Lemon Thrower wrote:Spoke to a large dealer today. He said premiums are dropping because old bulls like me are emptying out their safes. That leads me to believe that the price action is futures driven, not physical driven.

I think the lesson is the price is going higher while premiums might be going lower.
A good time to look for higher quality items.

Exactly what I've been told, but I kinda figured that out on my own seeing all the inventory that is now available.

When retail premiums start rising that's a confirmation that the general public is buying.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:08 pm

shinnosuke wrote:
Morsecode wrote:Who would have thought I'd be happy to pay $30/ounce ever again? :P

Isn't human psychology interesting? We should have sold the house and bought Ag at $16, but no....we wait until the price is climbing again to feel the panic or FOMO.

Maybe for the general public, but I always bought the big smash downs. March 2020 was a precious gift. I encouraged everyone here to buy all they could when Ag hit $12-13. Hours after I made that post the premiums started taking off.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby pmbug » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:13 pm

India is buying silver like a whale right now.
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. -Lao Tzu

You can find me ranting at clouds on pmbug.com.
pmbug
Penny Pincher Member

Postby thecrazyone » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:25 pm

silverflake wrote:Quote of Recyclersteve - "Not to sound flippant, but I imagine some of the bombs being dropped have silver in them that is being vaporized."

Over 500 ounces of silver in a tomahawk missile. Silver is a military metal too.

Wow!
Author: Bring CHANGE Into Your Life (A Truly Easy Investment Tool)
https://www.amazon.com/Bring-CHANGE-Int ... 1077276869
thecrazyone
Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:15 pm

pmbug wrote:India is buying silver like a whale right now.

So THAT's what's making the price go down. lol
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:39 am

shinnosuke wrote:
pmbug wrote:India is buying silver like a whale right now.

So THAT's what's making the price go down. lol

Yeah, I'm not sure how much silver whales buy. Lol

But to the larger point, while I sometimes think I have some insight into what's driving the gold and silver markets, at other times - and right now is one of those - I don't have a clue what has pushed silver back down 1.5 and gold 75+. Have the manipulators regained control as the buying frenzy has abated? Or is this simply consolidation as part of a larger push higher? I just don't know. Actually I care only because of curiosity, because I'm not a PM day trader. But I do like to try to understand why things are happening.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby pmbug » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:13 pm

Bold emphasis is mine:
India's silver imports surged by 260% in February to a record high, as lower duties encouraged large purchases from the United Arab Emirates (UAE), government and industry officials told Reuters, adding they were on track to increase by 66% this year.

Higher demand in India, the world's biggest silver consumer, could support global prices trading near their highest in three years.

India imported a record 2,295 metric tons of silver in February, up from 637 tons in January, said a government official, who declined to be named as he was not authorised to talk to the media.
Chirag Thakkar, CEO of Amrapali Group Gujarat, a leading silver importer, said the industry had replenished stocks in January and February after having depleted them in 2023.

"Indian imports are cyclical in nature. In one year, imports may be very high, and then the following year they may fall. Since imports fell in 2023 after record buying in 2022, we can expect imports to pick up in 2024," Thakkar said.

India's imports could rise to 6,000 tons in 2024, from last year's 3,625 tons, driven by robust demand from the fabrication and solar industries, he said.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ne ... 133286.cms

India alone is projecting to import almost 100% of 2024 mining production.

~~~

Silver price action this week is reflecting the second increase in margin requirements (effective this past Monday) by the CME in the last two weeks:

4/19/24:
https://twitter.com/WVerily/status/1781561800921890939

4/4/24:
https://twitter.com/manly_ronan/status/ ... 2507984930
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. -Lao Tzu

You can find me ranting at clouds on pmbug.com.
pmbug
Penny Pincher Member

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:40 am

Since silver production is now below demand, a big demand year from India that sucks up the weak hands who are willing to sell could be a game changer. Thanks for the info on India.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals