12 Sep-16 Sep Going to be a nasty week

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

12 Sep-16 Sep Going to be a nasty week

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:23 am

Both Asia and European bourse's are getting hammered, rioting in Greece, pre-default, the DJIA futures trading down 250 an hour before the opening, Gold and Silver both trading down...this week is going to be a very bad, no good, horrible deluge of craziness, so batten the hatches.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Re: 12 Sep-16 Sep Going to be a nasty week

Postby Rodebaugh » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:26 am

Yep, Hatches are battened ;)
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:31 am

Rodebaugh wrote:Yep, Hatches are battened ;)

oh swell, its already happy happy time: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14883521

explosion at a French Nuke plant, and nobody knows "anything"....great.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Mossy » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:32 am

And the bats are hatchened.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:46 am

Mossy wrote:

And the bats are hatchened.

and dont forget the hatches, axes, mauls, FAL's, soaped up diesel bottles, concertina wire, road spikes, etc etc etc.

and keep that happy face: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaYR5lwzomE

yay!
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby alpacafarmer » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:53 am

I hope you're right this could be a buying opportunity.
alpacafarmer
Penny Collector Member

Postby beauanderos » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:04 am

I think this will probably be the "new normal." People have been sleepwalking thru Lalaland, but they're starting to wake up and smell the garbage. Image Image
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Rodebaugh » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:11 am

Greece is about to default and the S&P is green :roll:
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:48 am

Rodebaugh wrote:Greece is about to default and the S&P is green :roll:

you know why? probably half of Wall Street, naw, three quarters of Wall Street, three quarters of the lobbyist shops on K Street are medicated on seratonin uptake inhibitor's...anti-depressant's...its more widespread then we're even aware. on reliable info...trust me, i've heard that they have retinal scan dispensers of the stuff at a certain five sided buidling....you can get anti-dee's AND benzo's, there's a machine on each floor, and wing, stocked daily. Just walk up to the eye reader, scans you, dispenses the meds, a lil dixie cup slides down, squirts in some spring water, and you're good to go. i've also heard they have a similar set up at the Fed, Homeland Security, Treasury, IMF, BIS, its the new norm. And i'm almost positive that the guys at the big houses in the private sector have similar arrangements.
of course, i might enjoy my indulgences, but one thing i absolutely stay away from are anti-D's, seratonin uptake inhibitors, because you dont FEEL, dont feel sad, dont feel happy...you're just even EVEN, and when i get depressed, i want to feel that..means somethings wrong. Its when you cant FEEL, that's the danger zone. So now we have all there petty and major oliogarches medicated to the gills, just chimped out, baked, making some very major policy decisions, while gassed on state of the art intense pharmaceuticals....and i'm not just talking about a wee paper pushing GS-11 at the Fed, this goes all the way up the food chain to the HIGHEST LEVEL's......did any of you see the President during his "pass this bill" rant?....hmmm? Do i hafta get specific? Barry was little "amped" up, wouldnt you say?....and i'm not talking about a iced double double mocha pre-speech, he gets the industrial strength stuff, nuff said.

its all gotten so bad in the halls of power, both private and public sector, its like you have a thousand "Tony Montana's" (of "Scarface" fame http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T1GOCCaiWA ) churning and burning stocks all day long with white junk at the corners of their mouths, acting on the economical guidance of a battalion of newly minted "Chance the Gardener's" ("Being There" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYeVQzTVyLk ) camping out at the Fed, muttering "in the spring there will be growth", all the while piles of bones, sucked clean of marrow litter the floors of the Pentagon, food for the savage packs of Generals all believeing they were Patton ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZJcAeJ8 ... re=related ) in another life. Its madness and insanity packaged as the "American Way", and we have to live with the fact, we are doomed.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby scrapper2010 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:20 pm

neilgin1 wrote:
Rodebaugh wrote:Greece is about to default and the S&P is green :roll:

you know why? probably half of Wall Street, naw, three quarters of Wall Street, three quarters of the lobbyist shops on K Street are medicated on seratonin uptake inhibitor's...anti-depressant's...its more widespread then we're even aware. on reliable info...trust me, i've heard that they have retinal scan dispensers of the stuff at a certain five sided buidling....you can get anti-dee's AND benzo's, there's a machine on each floor, and wing, stocked daily. Just walk up to the eye reader, scans you, dispenses the meds, a lil dixie cup slides down, squirts in some spring water, and you're good to go. i've also heard they have a similar set up at the Fed, Homeland Security, Treasury, IMF, BIS, its the new norm. And i'm almost positive that the guys at the big houses in the private sector have similar arrangements.
of course, i might enjoy my indulgences, but one thing i absolutely stay away from are anti-D's, seratonin uptake inhibitors, because you dont FEEL, dont feel sad, dont feel happy...you're just even EVEN, and when i get depressed, i want to feel that..means somethings wrong. Its when you cant FEEL, that's the danger zone. So now we have all there petty and major oliogarches medicated to the gills, just chimped out, baked, making some very major policy decisions, while gassed on state of the art intense pharmaceuticals....and i'm not just talking about a wee paper pushing GS-11 at the Fed, this goes all the way up the food chain to the HIGHEST LEVEL's......did any of you see the President during his "pass this bill" rant?....hmmm? Do i hafta get specific? Barry was little "amped" up, wouldnt you say?....and i'm not talking about a iced double double mocha pre-speech, he gets the industrial strength stuff, nuff said.

its all gotten so bad in the halls of power, both private and public sector, its like you have a thousand "Tony Montana's" (of "Scarface" fame http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T1GOCCaiWA ) churning and burning stocks all day long with white junk at the corners of their mouths, acting on the economical guidance of a battalion of newly minted "Chance the Gardener's" ("Being There" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYeVQzTVyLk ) camping out at the Fed, muttering "in the spring there will be growth", all the while piles of bones, sucked clean of marrow litter the floors of the Pentagon, food for the savage packs of Generals all believeing they were Patton ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZJcAeJ8 ... re=related ) in another life. Its madness and insanity packaged as the "American Way", and we have to live with the fact, we are doomed.

Nice post Neil, certainly paints a picture. Any chance a whiff of this subject could be found on the web?
Old feedback thread viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3581
scrapper2010
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:30 pm

no. i have this all on DEEP background. A man's word is his bond, i'm sure you understand....and believe me, i WISH i was entirely in jest, but that is simply not the case
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:25 pm

One only needs to examine the fundamental facts (not the media spun opinions) to see the issues before us. It seems pretty obvious that the major financial and political institutions are fighting a desperate and inevitably losing rear-guard battle against overwhelming odds, in a crisis of their own making. The markets are (I believe) artificially propped up by some unknown combination of national asset selling and fiat money printing with instructions to institutions to keep markets from falling too quickly, and PMs from rising too fast.

In a stable system, small disturbances create correspondingly small displacements. The level of stability is related to the level of displacement. In a stongly stable system the disturbance comes back to equilibrium quickly and decisively. In a weakly stable system the displacements from equilibrium are larger, and the return takes longer. In a weakly unstable system a small disturbance causes a new definition of equilibrium, but one that is not far removed from the previous equilibrium, and the change tends to occur relatively slowly and without too much energy change.

Where are we? We are in a strongly unstable system, but one which is under artificial external control. When the system is displaced from equilibrium there are additional external forces which attempt to push it back to equilibrium.

However, in every inherently unstable system there comes a loading point where even extensive, artificial, active, external controls with instructions to attempt to maintain stability cannot overcome the increasing tendency toward instability. When that happens the new equilibrium point is reached very quickly and decisively, with a tremendous amount of energy change.

That point of no return is simply called the critical point. We are very near that point.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby slickeast » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:48 pm

I agree with 68. They are playing Jenga. Just a few more moves and catastrophic failure will occur.

We have a government and media that have a way of deceiving the public into thinking things are better than they appear. They will tell everyone in an underground bunker things are looking good, the sky is clearing and blue skies are showing. In reality there is a Category 5 hurricane parked on top of their heads.
It is their way of keeping people calm. They dont want wide spread SHTF situations
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby balz » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:51 pm

68Camaro wrote:One only needs to examine the fundamental facts (not the media spun opinions) to see the issues before us. It seems pretty obvious that the major financial and political institutions are fighting a desperate and inevitably losing rear-guard battle against overwhelming odds, in a crisis of their own making. The markets are (I believe) artificially propped up by some unknown combination of national asset selling and fiat money printing with instructions to institutions to keep markets from falling too quickly, and PMs from rising too fast.

In a stable system, small disturbances create correspondingly small displacements. The level of stability is related to the level of displacement. In a stongly stable system the disturbance comes back to equilibrium quickly and decisively. In a weakly stable system the displacements from equilibrium are larger, and the return takes longer. In a weakly unstable system a small disturbance causes a new definition of equilibrium, but one that is not far removed from the previous equilibrium, and the change tends to occur relatively slowly and without too much energy change.

Where are we? We are in a strongly unstable system, but one which is under artificial external control. When the system is displaced from equilibrium there are additional external forces which attempt to push it back to equilibrium.

However, in every inherently unstable system there comes a loading point where even extensive, artificial, active, external controls with instructions to attempt to maintain stability cannot overcome the increasing tendency toward instability. When that happens the new equilibrium point is reached very quickly and decisively, with a tremendous amount of energy change.

That point of no return is simply called the critical point. We are very near that point.

+1
balz
Penny Collector Member

Postby Coppercrazy » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:08 pm

so where do you think silver will be at the weeks end?Im trying to decide when to buy.I was totally tempted today when silver dipped under 40.There a local pawn shop that lets me buy at one or 2 strikes under spot...thing is last two times silver was 42 and 43 so now I feel like its already on sale....
Coppercrazy
Penny Pincher Member

Postby balz » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:09 pm

Buy buy buy. 50$ will soon be old memory.
balz
Penny Collector Member

Postby mtalbot_ca » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:10 pm

There is just too much money in the system and not enough hard assets to push that money into. Sure, if I had access to a 0,25% APR loan financing, I would purchase 100K of gold right now and spin it at the appropriate time.

Cheers,
Common sense should prevail if not, misery will.
mtalbot_ca
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby balz » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:37 pm

Right now I am buying some silver on margin. Hey, I pay 8% interest rate per year on fiat money and I can get real money that is going at 20%+ every year... and can be even more. I don't think I can lose at this game. I don't see silver under 100$ next year or the year after that.
balz
Penny Collector Member

Postby SteelCityCopper » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:30 pm

Coppercrazy wrote:so where do you think silver will be at the weeks end?Im trying to decide when to buy.I was totally tempted today when silver dipped under 40.There a local pawn shop that lets me buy at one or 2 strikes under spot...thing is last two times silver was 42 and 43 so now I feel like its already on sale....

Silver is undervalued in my opinion so I'm building the personal stash little by little. Its a good time to buy as long as physical is available if you are the stacking type. Everyone has different goals and plans in mind... Stack for a rainy day vs flip shorter term for a profit. If you want to flip the stuff, obviously dips are a focus. I wouldn't worry too much about dips if you are in for the longer term. Ever look at a 5yr chart and try to spot the dips (not counting the drop early May)? I've spoken with quite a few dealers across the US that are selling out as fast as they can stock. Again, its all about personal goals for this stuff which will influence when and how often you pull the trigger. Happy stacking.
Jason
- JPM doesn't determine our prices, the market does -
Steel City Copper
http://www.steelcitycopper.com
SteelCityCopper
Penny Pincher Member

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:35 am

its rather funny to see how these folks are working overtime to hold this whole thing together. well, not really funny, more like tragic, when you consider the effects on people who just want to live. All THIS, these games, and the politics, greed, lies, etc...THIS is what is spoken of in the Bible, specifically Revelations as "Babylon"...or "The Whore of Babylon", its all been working towards this time, for over 5,000 years. Nothing new under the sun.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:12 pm

It looks like they've saved themselves for another week. At least the market thinks so. They are very good (I give them credit) at kicking the can down the road, but each time they do, the eventual result gets worse and worse. I tend to think that with this approach (that they are taking, bail-out after bail-out), when the crash does happen, it will happen so fast that even our heads will be spinning (and we're the ones that expect it and are watching for it!).
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby slickeast » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:00 pm

Looks like we will end the week with an up day.
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals