Going straight to brinks

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Going straight to brinks

Postby mortarman » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:43 pm

Has anyone attempted to skip the banks entirely and go straight for an armored deliver service? Any idea on the fees they charge? Seems like it would solve a lot of our collective logistical issues.

Are these even the best way to get coin? Perhaps another delivery service that someone knows of? Or arrange for pickup?

A real penny for your thoughts...
mortarman

Re: Going straight to brinks

Postby DirtyFingers » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:54 pm

If Brinks would do home delivery, I and many others would have arranged for that long time ago.
Seriously, if you figure out a way, let us all know please!

Use realcent search about Brinks...there is conversation about home delivery in it :)
....not a fortunate son.
DirtyFingers
Penny Collector Member

Postby highroller4321 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:31 pm

This has been discussed many times in many different threads. Search through the older posts and you will find all your answers. Your biggest problem is going to be all of the fees associated with the deliery and pick ups. You also will have to have a commerical location for them to stop at.
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby dan53 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:29 pm

Which banks use Brinks? Most around here use Loomis.
dan53
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:19 pm

dan53 wrote:Which banks use Brinks? Most around here use Loomis.

I believe TD uses Brinks, at least in my area.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:26 pm

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:
dan53 wrote:Which banks use Brinks? Most around here use Loomis.

I believe TD uses Brinks, at least in my area.

TD in Central FL uses Dunbar.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby galenrog » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:09 am

Of the three armored services in my area (Loomis Fargo. GARDA, Oregon Armored) none will deal with individuals. Businesses, yes. All fees would apply, making most deals financially unattractive for the hobbyist.
Mine Gold, Buy Silver. It Fills the Safe Faster.
galenrog
Penny Collector Member

Postby highroller4321 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:43 am

galenrog wrote:Of the three armored services in my area (Loomis Fargo. GARDA, Oregon Armored) none will deal with individuals. Businesses, yes. All fees would apply, making most deals financially unattractive for the hobbyist.

Brinks is also in your area. :)
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby Beau » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:39 am

Brinks is in Louisiana, so is Loomis, Wells Fargo and about 6 more.

you need a lot of trucks when you have the politicians we do.
they are the best money can buy.
they haul all the money that can be stolen to the politicians homes.

VOTE RIGHT THIS TIME BOYS IT MAY NOT BE TO LATE, BUT YOU NEED TO VOTE RIGHT THIS NEXT ELECTION, OR IT WILL BE TO LATE.
FLUSH THIS THING BOYS.

my old feedback

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=446

Beau
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby mbailey1234 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:08 am

I contacted a couple of them about arranging a pick up at their location, thought that would save me the fees involved. Both said the "Fed" probably wouldn't like that much, whatever that means.

Thought if they were closed, they could just leave the key under the doormat. If it was a big load I was picking up, they could even leave the keys in the truck! :lol:
mbailey1234
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby JadeDragon » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:12 am

Easy to get armored service - buy or open a bank. There are so many bank failures in the US the last several years, finding a building already set up should be easy. Lots of vault space for your coins and precious metals. What's not to love? I bet most of the members here would do a better job running a bank then the guys in charge now.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby tinhorn » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:26 pm

JadeDragon wrote:Easy to get armored service - buy or open a bank. There are so many bank failures in the US the last several years, finding a building already set up should be easy. Lots of vault space for your coins and precious metals. What's not to love? I bet most of the members here would do a better job running a bank then the guys in charge now.

Hmmm...group deal, anyone?
www.silverandgoldaremoney.com
Press On Regardless!
tinhorn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby everything » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:43 am

Easier to start a Credit Union maybe? A bank in my area called Anchor Bank / ABCW used to be a 20 dollar stock, now it's a quarter dollar stock. We could get a whole branch instead. Take all the bad loans sell them to the government/F&F and be the only bank chain that does gold and silver in the midwest. I always wished when I got paid I could go to payroll or the bank and get part of my pay in silver or gold automatically, kinda like my auto deposit.
everything
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby stlouiscoin » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:46 pm

old thread but an idea that could definatly be a cool thing
stlouiscoin
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby chris6084 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:21 pm

If you had an armored truck showing up at your house, how long to you think it would take to be the victim of a burglary?
chris6084
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals