Anyone search for key dates in bulk Ag bags from APMEX?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Anyone search for key dates in bulk Ag bags from APMEX?

Postby Nickelless » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:14 pm

Not that I have any money to spare since I'm in the process of buying a house, but I was just looking at the junk silver bags on the APMEX website and was curious if any of you who've bought the bulk bags of junk Ag have found any key dates in them.
Nickelless
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Anyone search for key dates in bulk Ag bags from APMEX?

Postby Computer Jones » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:02 pm

"Not that I have any money to spare since"

That's the reason I've never been able to search a $1K face bag, they cost too much.

I'll keep searching for key dates in the boxes and CWR's I get at face.
(With the non-spare money I'm able to free up for a few days each month.)
Computer Jones
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Country » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:06 pm

Mostly, you don't find any key coins. However, the best coin I found was a 1932-S in a bag of 90% quarters. The next best stuff I've found was a few 1927-S Standing Liberty quarters. :D
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby beauanderos » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:16 pm

I found four 1916 BU Mercs in a $1000 face bag of Merc dimes, but this was back in 2004 or so. Last year I found a seated Liberty dime worth maybe $20.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Rodebaugh » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:02 am

Thinking about pulling the trigger on a bag myself. The shipping kills me. If I do I will post a list.

anyone else thinking about grabbing a bag?
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Country » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:30 am

Rodebaugh wrote:Thinking about pulling the trigger on a bag myself. The shipping kills me. If I do I will post a list.

Shipping is going to be a lot where ever you buy. $1000 face = 56 pounds of 90%.

Try buying at Tulving if you are going for the $1000 bag. Shipping is "FREE" from him for a big bag of 90%. Tulving currently sells bags of 90% at spot and is a very fast shipper too. Payment will need to be made by wire, but in September you will get a $15 wire discount from your order if you mention you are sending payment by wire.

http://tulving.com/goldbull.html
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby beauanderos » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:03 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:Thinking about pulling the trigger on a bag myself. The shipping kills me. If I do I will post a list.

They used to ship free on the first purchase. I notice they're out of some items right now.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals