Ebay Silver Bidding War

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Ebay Silver Bidding War

Postby beauanderos » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:01 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... ESINDXX:IT These two are at it again. I'd love to be the seller :D Now granted, 1955d is a very low mintage year, possibly worthy of the current bid, but 276 is the same guy that's been bidding between $190 to $212 for common date BU silver rolls (1964, 1963) that go for $155-160 when he isn't running up the price against someone else who wants them. And 83 is the same fool who I dropped a bid on last night with the final price being over $93 a roll for BU rosies (granted, they were 1955s) which normally go for $76-80 apiece. Will be interesting to see whose ego has the fatter wallet on this one :mrgreen: You might ask why do I care? Because if I see either one of these bidders on an item I want, I know I'm wasting my time unless I just wanna play "run-up-the-price" against them and dump it on them. Then, perhaps, they'll be out of money :lol: when I want to bid on something that I really want? 8-)
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Ebay Silver Bidding War

Postby Beau » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:32 pm

How do you know there are just 2 people bidding on the 1955 dimes?
my old feedback

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=446

Beau
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby beauanderos » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:20 pm

There were several others as well, but they were far outbid by these two, by twenty to thirty percent
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby dakota1955 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:43 pm

run the price up and let the fool and his money part
dakota1955

Postby misteroman » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:08 pm

a buddy and myself were talking a few yrs back about corning the market on 55-D's over the next 10yrs or so. cant give up the real estate addiction tho
misteroman

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:09 am

beauanderos wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110581450114&ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT These two are at it again. I'd love to be the seller :D Now granted, 1955d is a very low mintage year, possibly worthy of the current bid, but 276 is the same guy that's been bidding between $190 to $212 for common date BU silver rolls (1964, 1963) that go for $155-160 when he isn't running up the price against someone else who wants them. And 83 is the same fool who I dropped a bid on last night with the final price being over $93 a roll for BU rosies (granted, they were 1955s) which normally go for $76-80 apiece. Will be interesting to see whose ego has the fatter wallet on this one :mrgreen: You might ask why do I care? Because if I see either one of these bidders on an item I want, I know I'm wasting my time unless I just wanna play "run-up-the-price" against them and dump it on them. Then, perhaps, they'll be out of money :lol: when I want to bid on something that I really want? 8-)

Run up the price and then dump it on them... my old dad's favorite game at auctions! :lol:
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals