Texas wants their gold back

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Texas wants their gold back

Postby Engineer » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:37 am

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-03-23/texas-wants-its-gold-back-fed

Submitted by Michael Krieger of Liberty Blitzkrieg blog,

Texas Moves to Repatriate its Gold from the Federal Reserve

This is one of the most interesting stories I have read regarding the precious metals market in quite some time. It appears that Texas Rep. Giovanni Capriglione has a bill in play that would move the state’s gold from New York (where its under the “safekeeping” of the ultra shady Federal Reserve) to a depository within the state of Texas itself. The reason this would be such a big deal if it happens, is because a lot of the gold bought and sold globally is not very likely not actually owned by those that “buy” it. From my perspective, pretty much the only countries that actually buy gold and bring it within their borders are China, Russia and Iran. Most other nations that claim they “bought” gold, most likely hold a certificate that states they have gold in London or New York. So in other words, they have no gold. It looks like Texas is wising up.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Texas wants their gold back

Postby CLINT-THE-GREAT » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:49 am

Like Ray and Neil say.... "You don't own it, unless you hold it".

-The Great
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet."
- Abraham Lincoln

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason so few engage in it."
- Henry Ford

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

"Put your money somewhere it won't just dissolve
-Barrytrot
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Thogey » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:57 am

CLINT-THE-GREAT wrote:Like Ray and Neil say.... "You don't own it, unless you hold it".

-The Great

You have misattributed the quote. It's from a a Cuban nickle hoarder(and strong Zionist :lol: )

"If you don't hold it you don't own it"
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby theo » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:24 am

Its sounds interesting but I have a few questions. The article acts like it is common for states to own gold. Why would Texas be holding PMs unless its to issue coins in case of a currency crisis? And if there is this much distrust of our financial system in Texas then why trust the Fed to hold your gold in the first place? Also does this bill have real support or will it be one the thousands of fringe bills that get brought up to grab a few headlines but never go anywhere?
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby xippi » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:06 am

theo wrote:Its sounds interesting but I have a few questions. The article acts like it is common for states to own gold. Why would Texas be holding PMs unless its to issue coins in case of a currency crisis? And if there is this much distrust of our financial system in Texas then why trust the Fed to hold your gold in the first place? Also does this bill have real support or will it be one the thousands of fringe bills that get brought up to grab a few headlines but never go anywhere?

Its the state of Texas retirement fund. they already own the Gold its just in Paper form , they can not convert it in physical because of Texas laws on hedge funds. They want to change the law so the hedge fund can own physical gold and under there control(build there own Fort Knox). They will also allow private companies and citizens to store there gold in the depository . This will be the first time a State will back(insure/Guarantee) the Gold holdings.

I'm no expert
xippi
Penny Collector Member

Postby thedrifter » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:09 am

OH, Ponce. I miss him. :( Wish he would come back. :( I don't even remember why he left. :(

Thogey wrote:
CLINT-THE-GREAT wrote:Like Ray and Neil say.... "You don't own it, unless you hold it".

-The Great

You have misattributed the quote. It's from a a Cuban nickle hoarder(and strong Zionist :lol: )

"If you don't hold it you don't own it"
thedrifter
Penny Collector Member

Postby thedrifter » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:14 am

Germany wants its gold also, and was told they would have to wait 5 years. Hum? Why must they wait 5 years for delivery of THEIR GOLD?
thedrifter
Penny Collector Member

Postby beauanderos » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm

thedrifter wrote:Germany wants its gold also, and was told they would have to wait 5 years. Hum? Why must they wait 5 years for delivery of THEIR GOLD?

If they don't hold it (the depository) they can't ship it :? :lol: And they told them seven years Image
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby theo » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:22 pm

xippi wrote:
theo wrote:Its sounds interesting but I have a few questions. The article acts like it is common for states to own gold. Why would Texas be holding PMs unless its to issue coins in case of a currency crisis? And if there is this much distrust of our financial system in Texas then why trust the Fed to hold your gold in the first place? Also does this bill have real support or will it be one the thousands of fringe bills that get brought up to grab a few headlines but never go anywhere?

Its the state of Texas retirement fund. they already own the Gold its just in Paper form , they can not convert it in physical because of Texas laws on hedge funds. They want to change the law so the hedge fund can own physical gold and under there control(build there own Fort Knox). They will also allow private companies and citizens to store there gold in the depository . This will be the first time a State will back(insure/Guarantee) the Gold holdings.

I'm no expert

Of course! I forgot about the state pension/retirement funds. Thanks for clearing that up.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby thecrazyone » Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:57 am

So, 2 questions:

1. did TX get their wish?
2. did Germany ever get ALL of their gold after the 7 year term ended?

Edit for #2:

https://www.kitco.com/news/2017-08-24/G ... -Deal.html
Author: Bring CHANGE Into Your Life (A Truly Easy Investment Tool)
https://www.amazon.com/Bring-CHANGE-Int ... 1077276869
thecrazyone
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals