Silver - $27 going to Zero! Call your boss..beg for job back

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Silver is now $15 and climbing

Postby tdtwedt » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:13 am

blackrabbit wrote:Looks like you might have called the bottom Doc.

I thought Doc was a dentist and not a proctologist. :?
There are more ways than one to skin a cat.
tdtwedt
Penny Collector Member

Postby fansubs_ca » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:17 am

tdtwedt wrote:

Can't someone use the word "bottom" on this board without...
...being the butt of a joke...
^_-
fansubs_ca
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby blackrabbit » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:32 am

:lol:
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby theo » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:14 pm

What is interesting is the price for physical doesn't seem to have increased. I just picked up some Austrian Kangeroos for $18.50. SAEs were going for $19. . . about the same as a few months ago.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby blackrabbit » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:57 pm

Spot is about where it was a few months ago. Also there seems to be an abundance of new product getting minted up and put out there all the time, and more dealers too, even while spot has been dropping for years. Competition for sales is fierce with Bay precious metals taking the lead on putting out deals. However, if spot does not dive tomorrow I bet you will see more increases in physical prices.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby hobo finds » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:13 pm

tdtwedt wrote:

hobo finds
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Nacinator » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:01 pm

WOW a .59 cent jump in Silver and a $59.50 jump in Gold what's going on and will it keep up? Gold has punched through its celling
Nacinator
Penny Sorter Member

Postby beauanderos » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:07 pm

Nacinator wrote:WOW a .59 cent jump in Silver and a $59.50 jump in Gold what's going on and will it keep up? Gold has punched through its celling

part of it is a short covering rally, but I also think there is some real strength finally coming into this segment of the market. Investors will steer hot money into segments that rally while everything else is falling. Remains to be seen what the response will be from those who like to steer precious metals. But, so far, so good. :mrgreen:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby chris6084 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:43 pm

Nacinator wrote:WOW a .59 cent jump in Silver and a $59.50 jump in Gold what's going on and will it keep up? Gold has punched through its celling

I sold some gold last week. I take full credit for all gains this week.
chris6084
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby blackrabbit » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:15 pm

I sold a bunch of metal pretty low but it was to mostly buy other metal which I liked better.
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby TwoPenniesEarned » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:41 am

It was funny to see the thread saying "Silver is now $15 and climbing", I clicked in, saw someone flabberghast that it had hit $24, and realized that was page 1 of 38. LOL!

It's been a heck of a ride down. I admit I was expecting one last big lurch. Kind of like a big puke point for everyone left standing. But perhaps we hit it without me noticing it. I admit I stopped following the metal price altogether (and stopped buying too) some time back.
TwoPenniesEarned
Penny Collector Member

Postby henrysmedford » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:01 pm

Closed even.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby henrysmedford » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:27 pm

Dropping------
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Country » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:22 pm

Sneak attack! NYSE closed for Presidents Day. Next real trading day is on Tuesday..
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby beauanderos » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:36 pm

CME raised gold futures margins when the market closed on Friday. This might be TPTB last chance at a final hammering of precious metals... they are going to wreak their
worst to reverse momentum and quash burgeoning sentiment. If they can, they will drop spot back below the 200 DMA. If they do, spot will rebound, but slowly. If they can't...
demonstrating the resiliency of the markets, the rebound will be immediate (Tuesday/Wednesday) and will take out last week's high in both gold and silver. I'm not making
predictions... but it will be fun to watch. Hope everyone's got their metals stacked, extra cash, and bills paid down. This time it appears the bias will be for metals to be up
as the markets drop, unlike in 2008 8-)
beauanderos

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:32 am

Ironically the Japanese market (what is left of it, less the 50% now owned by its government) is skyrocketing on news that Japan is in recession! This is good news why? Because they are speculating that Japanese government will have to create some new unusual stimulus! So yen is dropping again, etc.

Though what Japan could do to provide more stimulus than they already have boggles the mind. They've already bought up half their market.

It's a shell game - don't be distracted; keep your eye on what is real.

(Oh - heard a Wal-mart radio spot yesterday soliciting for OTR truckers, noting that first year truckers now make $82K per year! Watch for real prices to rise near you, soon.)
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby blackrabbit » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:51 am

Well I kind of hope it dumps down another dollar so I can scoop some deals. I think if it does drop it will pop again soon after. Tomorrow's market action should be really interesting.

It is weird because I hold metals that I actually sort of liked the last few months of the grind down as cool products started to get dumped for nice prices and it was fun looking for them. I used the opportunity to get rid of some stuff I got bored of and pick up some cooler stuff with what I think are better premium plays and add a few things to the personal long term collection.

What I kind of hope for is a grind down back to the low 13's for silver for a couple weeks to inspire some despair and then pop up.
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:01 am

68Camaro wrote:Ironically the Japanese market (what is left of it, less the 50% now owned by its government) is skyrocketing on news that Japan is in recession! This is good news why? Because they are speculating that Japanese government will have to create some new unusual stimulus! So yen is dropping again, etc.

Though what Japan could do to provide more stimulus than they already have boggles the mind. They've already bought up half their market.

It's a shell game - don't be distracted; keep your eye on what is real.

(Oh - heard a Wal-mart radio spot yesterday soliciting for OTR truckers, noting that first year truckers now make $82K per year! Watch for real prices to rise near you, soon.)

Bizzaro world indeed. One thing is certain, central banks/governments will fix, rig, manipulate, cheat until the very end.

I had a feeling PMs would get rocked today. Good time to add to the stacks.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:51 am

For anyone interested in playing (just a bit, mind you) with paper... NUGT is up 192% since Jan 1st, and JNUG is up 188%. They're likely to
pull back after this latest slam, thus providing a good entry point. :mrgreen:
beauanderos

Postby plus1hdcp » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:07 pm

beauanderos wrote:For anyone interested in playing (just a bit, mind you) with paper... NUGT is up 192% since Jan 1st, and JNUG is up 188%. They're likely to
pull back after this latest slam, thus providing a good entry point. :mrgreen:

I've been following the NUGT and DUST on paper for a while since you mentioned them a couple of weeks back. NUGT has been on fire. I was surprised how fast the increase occurred but I guess that is where the 3x comes into play. A breather for AU is most likely in the cards due to some simply taking some short term gains and this would benefit DUST. Good luck on your position (if you have one).

I am looking forward to adding to my position in tonights KSA
plus1hdcp
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby henrysmedford » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:05 am

Over $15.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby TXSTARFIRE » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:19 am

Now $14.80.
TXSTARFIRE