Silver - $27 going to Zero! Call your boss..beg for job back

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Silver Was $22 Now it is $19....Going to -$2

Postby coppertop1982 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:19 pm

simply amusing watching the bottom fall out of silver from 19.90ish to 19.20 then creep back up a little then just slide off again leveling around 19.10ish,everyone just waiting and not kowning what to do with a drop like that, trickles down while everyone is sleeping then BAM in 4 hours shoots up nearly a buck until it levels off at around 19.70ish again. Serious trading and its like nothing really happened.
coppertop1982
Penny Pincher Member

Postby InfleXion » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:02 pm

Somebody is making money on the volatility. Silver is a conveniently small market, easy to move, easy to siphon wealth from with algos. You can even see the ping ponging vibrating line on the Kitco real-time chart. It will bounce between 2 exact price points many times in a short period of time during off peak hours - quote stuffing aka front running. Then they turn the siphon algos off during the day so the NY traders can work their magic, hence the non-vibrating line during business hours: http://www.kitco.com/bf-analyze/images/live/silver.gif

Today for example you can see they were about 20 minutes late turning the siphon algos off in the NY frame.
http://www.kitco.com/bf-analyze/images/ ... silver.gif
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

If it's printed on a piece of paper it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If it's a digital asset it's worth the electrons in cyberspace.
InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:29 pm

what he said... (Thanks Inflexion - you save me a lot of typing, and so often you say it better than I could anyway. :) )
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Know Common Cents » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:11 pm

The silver price daily back and forth reminds me of something I learned in college philosophy. Thanks to the great mind of widely-read philosopher, Albert Camus, we have The Myth of Sysiphus:

In Greek mythology Sisyphus (/ˈsɪsɪfəs/;[1] Greek: Σίσυφος, Sísyphos) was a king of Ephyra (now known as Corinth) punished for chronic deceitfulness by being compelled to roll an immense boulder up a hill, only to watch it roll back down, and to repeat this action forever.

Perhaps the boulder was silver...
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby beauanderos » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:30 am

Know Common Cents wrote:The silver price daily back and forth reminds me of something I learned in college philosophy. Thanks to the great mind of widely-read philosopher, Albert Camus, we have The Myth of Sysiphus:

In Greek mythology Sisyphus (/ˈsɪsɪfəs/;[1] Greek: Σίσυφος, Sísyphos) was a king of Ephyra (now known as Corinth) punished for chronic deceitfulness by being compelled to roll an immense boulder up a hill, only to watch it roll back down, and to repeat this action forever.

Perhaps the boulder was silver...

Rue rock, Rick! :clap:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby coppertop1982 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:17 pm

This weeks chart is in...
coppertop1982
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:20 am

time to update the title.....this run is looking good.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Rodebaugh » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:21 am

post for: post count superstition :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:25 am

Rodebaugh wrote:post for: post count superstition :)

ahhh, don't worry about that Doc...worry about Kiev, all my warning signals tell me, watch out, those sociopaths in Brussels and DC wanna have a wargasm with Vladi....be scared...be very scared.

that "opposition" was TOO well trained for my comfort.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Re: Silver Was $21 Now it is $22...Going to $100

Postby IdahoCopper » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:38 am

Up fifty cents? Ho. Hum.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:14 am

IdahoCopper wrote:Up fifty cents? Ho. Hum.

Ho Hum indeed... It's continuing a breakout above the 200 day MA, and is 16% above the low.

Something worth watching...
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby theo » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:16 am

neilgin1 wrote:

ahhh, don't worry about that Doc...worry about Kiev, all my warning signals tell me, watch out, those sociopaths in Brussels and DC wanna have a wargasm with Vladi....be scared...be very scared.

I don't know what the resistance points are but $22 seems like an important psychological barrier.

Neil

I agree. There seems to be more to this story. Do you think: 1. The opposition in the Ukraine was trained/supported by the West or 2. Was Saturday more of a function of Putin withdrawing support from the current (now former) regime, or 3. Was he (Putin) supporting the opposition all along?
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby blackrabbit » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:54 am

I am not sure about any effect on silver but this is an interesting perspective on the Ukraine.
http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2014/02/23/democracy-murdered-protest-ukraine-falls-intrigue-violence/
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby theo » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:34 pm

Great article. What a hot mess! :?

In the context of this thread I would say that international turmoil tends to help PMs. Gold in particular seems to act as a natural volatility index.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby johnbrickner » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:39 pm

It will effect silver if it escalates.

Don't have the Ukrainian connections we had when we lived near LA. Strong community in the area. Wife's family is 100% Ukrainian. Made the opportunity to join a Rukh support group back then (92) but, they were very suspicious of anyone outside of their inner circle and the Rodney King Riots broke out on my meet me, meeting night. So it didn't happen. Still a good source of information when you went to picnic festival and shared pirogues.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:48 pm

Yes, Ukraine is a hot mess. Hotter than I fully realized, though any of those eastern europe border countries could blow-up from similar tensions, as many of them are mixed heritage with 3-10 different ethnicities who all hate each other to shocking levels. I don't see this ending well at all.
68Camaro

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:26 pm

theo wrote:
neilgin1 wrote:

I don't know what the resistance points are but $22 seems like an important psychological barrier.

Neil

I agree. There seems to be more to this story. Do you think: 1. The opposition in the Ukraine was trained/supported by the West or 2. Was Saturday more of a function of Putin withdrawing support from the current (now former) regime, or 3. Was he (Putin) supporting the opposition all along?

Theo, I think its #1....it was payback for outplaying the US/NATO/EU nexus in Syria, where Putin lined up a naval task force off Syria, and called the lil grey man's bluff...made him look like the naïf community organizer he really is, but the naïf has a lotta lethal guys cooking up wargasm's. Now, they COULD NOT have our fingerprints on it....meaning NO US Mil........so who then?...the only guys with REAL hard core urban combat experience are the Croats.....and they hate Russians almost as much as they hate Serbs..AND they are very very good fighters. Did you know that Hitler had no problem recruiting a FULL division of Waffen SS from the Croats?...and no humps either, these were stone cold hard core Nazi's that fought the Russians......in Ukraine now, I been watching hours of live feed, there's this "party" of what the press calls "ultra nationalists" (read neo-nazi's) ...I forget their name, but whenever you see these guys...ALWAYS well equipped, same body armor, same either camo, or black uni's...lots of balaclava's on them, shield identities...hide the foreign fighters.

how does effect PM's?...lets walk this out....put yourself in Putins head....they RUINED the Olympics for Russia...a promise was made by Bush 41, "we wont fool with Ukraine"...whats Putin do?....lay down?...you know that thousands of Russian spec forces are flooding into Ukraine...and that's just the start...every single pressure point in Europe, he will light up, Spanish seperatists, Algerians in Paris , many places to raise REAL hell in Europe....gloves are off....so that's a move....whats NATO/EU's countermove?...that's the scary part......just to jog our memories, here's the last time Putin and Obama got together....watch Putin's body language.....its like a man who's just been threatened...one more point, why have over 200 US Generals and Admirals been sacked recently?.....could it be they see the insanity of this course it APPEARS we are taking, and objected....as is their DUTY?

neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:34 pm

blackrabbit wrote:I am not sure about any effect on silver but this is an interesting perspective on the Ukraine.
http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2014/02/23/democracy-murdered-protest-ukraine-falls-intrigue-violence/

Thank you......"The Right Sector"....that's their name, the neo Nazi's, because its Paul's article that first gave me the heebie-jeebies something awful....he's one of the few clear thinkers we got left in the alt-media.....Thank you bro Rabbitt

Bro's, if any of you can do it......bail......head to the wild woods, at least give it a serious think.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby rexmerdinus » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:20 pm

Already live in the wild woods :)
My beer and homebrewing blog: http://alemongery.blogspot.com
My wine and winemaking blog: http://connoisseurscorner.blogspot.com
rexmerdinus
Penny Collector Member

Re: Silver Was $21 Now it is $20...Going to Zero?

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:55 am

Looks like we may be going back to zero. Time to add a couple ounces. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby neilgin1 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:45 am

Rodebaugh wrote:Looks like we may be going back to zero. Time to add a couple ounces. :)

Doc, you're a smart man. I was just going to start a new thread. Looks like the Chinese bubble is bursting:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-03-2 ... illion-deb

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-03-1 ... amble-cash

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-03-1 ... collapsing

I know this is all from one source, etc.....but it SEEMS to me, the PRC might be at its "Lehman moment". what do you all think?

I also know the PBOC, thru these last few years has been making massive purchases of physical gold, to the tune of total holdings at 20,000 mt, so maybe THEY might get "religion", ie free market capitalism and LET firms and banks FAIL...unlike what we did in 2008, which was the first "TARP" of 800 mln USD, and then once the grey man drone king got elected, we did "QE forever". in 2008,we NEVER should have done the TARP/QE thing, let the market crash, let the banks fail and just trade out of it.

Even with the QE's , silver went to $9 on that farce they call comex.....where do you think this time? could an ordinary skin like meself actually get to buy rolls of SAE' s between $200-300....and 90%'ers at 9-12 times face?

maybe you should start a new thread?
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:10 am

The LM "Lehman moment". Something of such recent important history yet folks tend not to keep an eye out for; especially when it comes to other economies. And that's understandable to some extent, there is so much information out there to consume that a vast majority of non domestic financials get lost in flow. But I do agree, we could be looking at a foreign LM. Not only that but by a country with a import and export level greater than ours. Sure their GDP still lags behind but even that will overcome our own easily in my lifetime. So are there any clues of this at home? Tough for me to tell. I do see quite a few IPO's entering market at this time....priced strongly as well. Hmmm.

So what if we have an oriental financial belly flop? Good question... that answer depends on how they play it. And you better believe that things will get interesting over here.

200 per roll ASE....time to build a monster box fortress for the kids to play in.
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby theo » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:39 am

I like ZH but reading it everyday can give you crisis fatigue. I think they are on point about half of the time. The rest of the time I get the impression that Durdin reaches to extend a narrative. The article about the steel company defaulting on a 3 billion CNY bond. The article failures to point out that 3 billion yuan is actually less than $500 million US. While it maybe a serious regional issue, it is certainly does not rate for global concern.

To give credit, ZH was among the first to claim that Russia was invading/occupying the Crimea earlier this month. However, I took those initial reports (which later proved accurate) with a grain of salt because of Durdin's track record. The problem with continually claiming that various economies and currencies are "collapsing" (said breathlessly :shock: ) is that some readers will be less likely to believe Durdin and ZH when a true collapse does inevitably occur.

China does seem to be slowing down, but I'd be surprised if the Communist Chinese Government allowed the worst of their dirty laundry to attract global attention. The day that Chinese economy truly collapses will be the day they start a major conflict with Japan, the U.S. the SE Asian countries (Vietnam, the Phillipines. . etc) or all of the above.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby neilgin1 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:18 pm

theo wrote:I like ZH but reading it everyday can give you crisis fatigue. I think they are on point about half of the time. The rest of the time I get the impression that Durdin reaches to extend a narrative. The article about the steel company defaulting on a 3 billion CNY bond. The article failures to point out that 3 billion yuan is actually less than $500 million US. While it maybe a serious regional issue, it is certainly does not rate for global concern.

To give credit, ZH was among the first to claim that Russia was invading/occupying the Crimea earlier this month. However, I took those initial reports (which later proved accurate) with a grain of salt because of Durdin's track record. The problem with continually claiming that various economies and currencies are "collapsing" (said breathlessly :shock: ) is that some readers will be less likely to believe Durdin and ZH when a true collapse does inevitably occur.

China does seem to be slowing down, but I'd be surprised if the Communist Chinese Government allowed the worst of their dirty laundry to attract global attention. The day that Chinese economy truly collapses will be the day they start a major conflict with Japan, the U.S. the SE Asian countries (Vietnam, the Phillipines. . etc) or all of the above.

theo, you are spot on right......I get crisis fatigue too, and wonder if i'm feasting on that mindset. Is it my imagination?...some sort of apocalyptic wetdream, because that has more DRAMA in it?......OR are things in general, getting really bad?

what do you think?

ever since the 3rd quarter 2013, my unease has been growing....it really kicked into gear when the grey man tried to drag us into Syria, combined with all those weird "mass shooting" incidents, that capture the public's attention for two weeks, and suddenly disappear...things don't feel right, and you wonder, "is just me"?

Doc Rodee, if you read this, I follow lumber futures, as well as the Baltic Dry Index.....the BDI's been getting hammered, but just in the last week has lumber come off the $370 mark into the $330 area, below $300 wouldn't be good. I follow those for leading indicators.

be well guys. n.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby dannan14 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:30 pm

neilgin1 wrote:......I get crisis fatigue too, and wonder if i'm feasting on that mindset. Is it my imagination?...some sort of apocalyptic wetdream, because that has more DRAMA in it?......OR are things in general, getting really bad?

what do you think?

i think things are getting really bad just not as fast as we think they are. Crisis fatigue might just be a normal part of being prepared for the big one...whatever that ends up meaning in real life.
dannan14
Penny Collector Member

PreviousNext

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals