Silver - $27 going to Zero! Call your boss..beg for job back

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Silver - $29 and parabolic

Postby JobIII » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:38 am

It nearly hit $30 today. Perhaps the new end of year swing could be higher.

Also where can I get any info on the resistance levels noted above?
Follow my blog here: http://xxjobiiixx.blogspot.com
Check here and please remember to follow us also: http://coinwholesales.blogspot.com
Watch my youtube videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/xxJOBIIIxx
JobIII
Post Hoarder

Re: Silver - $29 and parabolic

Postby CLINT-THE-GREAT » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:53 pm

2019-2020 Silver eagles are $39-40+ all over ebay right now. Those premiums....ouch

-The Great
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet."
- Abraham Lincoln

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason so few engage in it."
- Henry Ford

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

"Put your money somewhere it won't just dissolve
-Barrytrot
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Silver - $27 and going to Zero.

Postby theo » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:21 am

Kitco is saying that Russia approved a vaccine for COVID.

https://www.kitco.com/news/2020-08-11/G ... ccine.html

The overall market is higher. I believe the S&P is close to its pre-COVID levels. Unbelievable.

For silver the psychological level of 30 is providing some resistance. Where is the support for silver? The Kitco article says its around $25.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Silver - $25 Dumpster Fire rolling down main street

Postby theo » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:26 pm

Wow! a 13% pullback in silver! Is this a buying opportunity or 2011 part duex?

Honestly I think $24 (the point of the first pullback) is the first resistance point. If it breaks through $21 its a bit more serious. I'm hoping this persists for at a least few weeks. I'm feeling a little light on .999 silver.
Last edited by theo on Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:03 pm

theo wrote:Wow! a 13% pullback in silver! Is this a buying opportunity or 2011 part duex?

Honestly I think $24 (the point of the first pullback) is the first resistance point. If it breaks through $21 its a bit more serious. I'm hoping this persists for at a least few weeks. If feeling a little light on .999 silver.

in the early stages of a "bull market" (i put quotes around bull market, because, bull markets are happy things, the silver market is A thermometer showing 106 degrees) the BIG moves are down, in an aging bull market, the big moves are up.

during this flippy floopiness, use the green coupons to buy food
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Re: Silver - Moving towards $28

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:24 pm

Country wrote:Lovin' It !!! Going much higher.... :D

i know......but a lot of people are going die, because a lot of people dont produce food, a lot of people live in cities of concrete and steel, terrified of both themselves and others, no faith, only fear, division, anger, hate and greed........."No Justice, no Peace"? they chant".....incorrect, No God, no Peace.......Know God, Know Peace"
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby pennypicker » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:31 pm

Silver reminds me of the Dallas Cowboys....you listen to the hype year after year "this is going to be the year!"...owners pump in the money and the resources to make it happen...people talk about the past and how great it was and how great it will be again someday...every once in a while there's a faint glimmer of hope to get your spirits up...and just when you think it's finally going to happen and you're going to reach that elusive "promise land"...silver and the Dallas Cowboys will always find a way to break you heart. But heck there's always next year!LOL 8-)
download (1).jpg
download (1).jpg (10.31 KiB) Viewed 2956 times
Last edited by pennypicker on Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:31 pm

If anyone can actually find any meaningful amount of Silver for less than $3 over spot I think they need to either buy it or advertise it here.

The drop in metals at various points like now is good as it is a normal part of consolidation within a bull market. The difference between metals and other markets is that you can't actually buy small sized metal at near spot prices in a bull. There is a fixed supply that is non elastic and the real market price includes the premiums for physical small sized silver. Spot only applies to large good delivery bars (at best).
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby shinnosuke » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:33 pm

Who thinks PM prices will be up tomorrow? Who thinks down?

I'd like to see silver fall another $5, but I doubt premiums retreat enough to make a difference on the actual sale price, as 68 sez.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby theo » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:09 pm

As I write this silver is down another .84 to $23.93. I will go out on a limb here and say it will start Wednesday lower, then rebound a bit by mid-morning only to take another waterfall plunge in the afternoon to about $22.00 by tomorrow's close. We will be flirting with $21.00 by week's end.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:11 pm

68Camaro wrote:If anyone can actually find any meaningful amount of Silver for less than $3 over spot I think they need to either buy it or advertise it here.

The drop in metals at various points like now is good as it is a normal part of consolidation within a bull market. The difference between metals and other markets is that you can't actually buy small sized metal at near spot prices in a bull. There is a fixed supply that is non elastic and the real market price includes the premiums for physical small sized silver. Spot only applies to large good delivery bars (at best).

amen, my friend......since i went on red alert, 2nd week of Jan, i been buying Ag, and i have NO problem just hitting the bid, even if its +$10 over "The Board"......because THAT is the REAL market.......when we first broke that 20-21 recently, i went a bit crazy, but i got nervous, because a house i always trusted......started acting "weird", thought they were going to Tulvang me.. it was weird-going for while......but i wont be doing bidness with them again,,,,,,,,guess what i bought and 'overpaid for in april.........board was like $17, and i saw two NCG;s slabbd 2017 rolls of ASES, all MS67.........two 20 count .999 ASES .......the ask was $555.......bot 'em in 20 seconds, which means i paid +$12 over the board...........think i over paid?..............a year from now?..i aint cracking the slab, thanks to those lousy alibaba chinese counterfeiters and our nancy boy treasury poofters who werent doing their job........nor will i trade trade for green coupons......for a slabbed 2017 ASES all graded MS67, i need to get 25 1/10th AGE's................that's a 9 to 1 G/S trade.

i know you all think i'm insane, but in a mad world only the insane, are sane.......buy more food, all the lead is bought out.

will it come to this?
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:56 pm

theo wrote:As I write this silver is down another .84 to $23.93. I will go out on a limb here and say it will start Wednesday lower, then rebound a bit by mid-morning only to take another waterfall plunge in the afternoon to about $22.00 by tomorrow's close. We will be flirting with $21.00 by week's end.

could be.......this feels like a dollar squeeze, everybodies been short the dollar...sell hard, buy soft, squeeze , rinse, repeat. first stop, $80 CASH,
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:07 pm

All major dips like the -13% down day should be BOUGHT. Don't even question it.

Silver will eventually BLAST through the old high.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Re: Silver - $26, Dumpster is only smoking now.

Postby CardsNCoins » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:46 am

I just wanted Chris to know that I get a kick out of his titles for this thread. Keep up the good work Doc. :thumbup:
CardsNCoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Silver - $26, Dumpster is only smoking now.

Postby Rodebaugh » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:09 pm

CardsNCoins wrote:I just wanted Chris to know that I get a kick out of his titles for this thread. Keep up the good work Doc. :thumbup:

Thanks Nick. It is a good way for me to record the sentiment of the moment.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Re: Silver - $28 and going to $100! Quit your job...you're r

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:42 am

Recording the title change from an hour ago with this post before updating it.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Re: Silver - $27 going to Zero! Call your boss..beg for job

Postby shinnosuke » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:53 pm

Silver return on investment.PNG
Can you do better with stocks?
Silver return on investment.PNG (21.53 KiB) Viewed 2703 times
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Silver - $28 and going to $100! Quit your job...you're r

Postby Treetop » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:04 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:Recording the title change from an hour ago with this post before updating it.

To late. Ive done sold my house and all my possessions when I read the earlier title. Thought I was rich. Your going to have to expand that massive garden and let my family live in your shed now. :lol:
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby highroller4321 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:30 pm

Can anyone confirm when the Comex contracts expire this month. Best I can tell they expire on August 27th.
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby JJM » Thu May 06, 2021 9:13 am

No posts in this thread since August of '20...

Bullish?

The battle over $27 has been brutal....
JJM
Penny Collector Member

Postby 68Camaro » Thu May 06, 2021 4:31 pm

Brutal only in the sense of a few months. Biden is officially printing money at a higher rate than ever and unofficially not recognizing any urgency or need to maintain solvency. Silver is officially in short supply with demand far higher than production for years to come, if not forever. From here, eventually to the moon!!
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby knibloe » Fri May 07, 2021 6:47 am

68Camaro wrote:Brutal only in the sense of a few months. Biden is officially printing money at a higher rate than ever and unofficially not recognizing any urgency or need to maintain solvency. Silver is officially in short supply with demand far higher than production for years to come, if not forever. From here, eventually to the moon!!

I heard yesterday that 20% of all US dolars were created in the last year. That should translate to a 20% inflation spike some time down the road. So based on that and Camaro's statement. I agree eventually to the moon.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Sat May 08, 2021 8:19 am

knibloe wrote:
68Camaro wrote:Brutal only in the sense of a few months. Biden is officially printing money at a higher rate than ever and unofficially not recognizing any urgency or need to maintain solvency. Silver is officially in short supply with demand far higher than production for years to come, if not forever. From here, eventually to the moon!!

I heard yesterday that 20% of all US dolars were created in the last year. That should translate to a 20% inflation spike some time down the road. So based on that and Camaro's statement. I agree eventually to the moon.

It'll feel the the early 70's initially, but this time we're going to have hyperinflation. Value of the USD will fall precipitously. By then TPTB will probably have Fedcoin in place, but I really can't see how that's going to save anyone. Blipcoins might make it to $1 million, but they are still priced in dollars. When the US goes Zimbabwe, that million dollars won't buy you anything. People with a decent PM stack should make it through okay. Do not sell when the Ag paper price hits $50 because it's going much higher.

As more and more people become destitute and desperate due to the hyperinflation, it's going to get very dangerous out there. Guns and ammo are going to be absolutely essential. People who live in heavily populated urban areas will face a day to day struggle just to survive.

The exact timing of all this is not possible to predict, but this scenario gets closer and closer everyday. Months?.. years?... who knows.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby franklin » Sat May 08, 2021 9:54 am

Have a small CD which matured last week. Went down to see what re-up interest rate will be. It was at 1.75% last time. Lady says, "looks like 0.2% this time."
What???? Why haven't rates increased with all the money they have printed in the last year and inflation is showing up at the grocery, lumber yard, buying car batteries, etc? She says, " yeah, it makes no sense."
franklin
Penny Collector Member

Postby JadeDragon » Sat May 08, 2021 3:07 pm

The economy is so awash in cash no one is willing to pay to rent it (ie essentially zero interest rates).

An alternative I like for longer term cash investments https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_Bonds. https://www.israelbonds.com/Offerings-R ... Rates.aspx
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals