Silver - $27 going to Zero! Call your boss..beg for job back

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Silver Was $20 Now it is $19...look out below!

Postby Zincanator » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:30 pm

Beginning to regret my recent move to cancel the HBO package and lower my cable bill... :cry:
Zincanator
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Zincanator » Thu May 01, 2014 9:27 am

[edit] sorry I just answered my own question using the interwebs....
Zincanator
Penny Pincher Member

Postby johnbrickner » Thu May 01, 2014 12:07 pm

Zincanator wrote:Beginning to regret my recent move to cancel the HBO package and lower my cable bill... :cry:

HBO remorse? Get past it and move on. Your awareness is more acute when you are not plugged into distractive entertainment. Plus there is a relationship between hours of TV watched and income: http://www.marketplace.org/topics/wealt ... and-income
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Re: Silver Was $19 Now it is $18...The Sky is Falling!!

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu May 01, 2014 12:35 pm

$18 n' change......next stop..???
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby silverstacker » Thu May 01, 2014 9:10 pm

NDFarmer wrote:We are back to $19.00 silver again. I don't watch the charts but for you guys that due where is the next big resistance line on the downward side I think someone said it was around $18.00 if we were to break through that then where would be the next major line of support?

Great question. I'm not sure where the next stop would be. $16 seems attainable.
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Thu May 01, 2014 10:17 pm

Gold is still well above the recent low, but both will stay soft until the Chinese fail to complete a physical delivery.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby silverstacker » Thu May 01, 2014 11:06 pm

68Camaro wrote:Gold is still well above the recent low, but both will stay soft until the Chinese fail to complete a physical delivery.

How much of a rebound or increase do you think we will see when this delivery doesnt happen? Just curious.
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Fri May 02, 2014 4:46 am

A step function increase. Maybe not instantly - but when realization kicks in you'll see $3000 gold fast, maybe $5000 within a couple months.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby IdahoCopper » Fri May 02, 2014 7:28 am

The G/S ratio is over 67:1. Seems like now is the time to sell gold to buy silver.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby barrytrot » Fri May 02, 2014 8:25 am

Ratio-wise I would think that a Gold vs. Silver spread might also be advantageous.

Although it seems like the ratio was 70:1 a few years ago, I may be remembering incorrectly though.
barrytrot

Postby Country » Fri May 02, 2014 10:13 am

Nice pop today! GOLD over $1300 :thumbup:
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby neilgin1 » Sat May 03, 2014 1:08 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:$18 n' change......next stop..???

My good Doctor,

weekend of 3-4 May, methinks you'll be seeing footage of a column of Russian T-72's and BTR's making dust westward towards Kiev and Odessa before too long, maybe a week tops. Those neo-nazi's in the Ukraine MIGHT just have crossed Putin's red line, so maybe directionally silver could close that gap at $26.....due respect. n.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Re: Silver Was $18 Now it is $19.....Recovery time?

Postby Chief » Sat May 03, 2014 6:19 pm

Friday Morning on the way to work I heard Ukraine strikes back at Pro-Russian forces and thought oh *shucks*, here we go.
Ukraine is f'd either way. They are the Rhineland. Not saying WWIII, but the [fluffing] Russians will not back down. Combine that with China being melon-heads, we've got some serious [shucks] going on. Thank God that we've got Obama in charge of the US Military. :roll:
Chief
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby blackrabbit » Sat May 03, 2014 7:22 pm

Fascist mobs in Odessa killed 31 pro-russians and Russian Irregulars shot down a couple of Kiev's choppers, so seems like civil war is on in the Ukraine. I heard Z-big was called for arming Kiev so it is looking like Washington is attempting to strike the Ruskies indirectly by fomenting a war on it's border. You can't directly strike a nuclear power but Post-Modern-Rome can foment a conflict like this one brewing very steamingly in the Ukraine.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby theo » Sun May 04, 2014 4:58 pm

blackrabbit wrote:Fascist mobs in Odessa killed 31 pro-russians and Russian Irregulars shot down a couple of Kiev's choppers, so seems like civil war is on in the Ukraine. I heard Z-big was called for arming Kiev so it is looking like Washington is attempting to strike the Ruskies indirectly by fomenting a war on it's border. You can't directly strike a nuclear power but Post-Modern-Rome can foment a conflict like this one brewing very steamingly in the Ukraine.

I thought the pro-russian forces want to have pieces of the Ukraine (and perhaps the whole country) annexed over to Russia. Why would opposing that make you a fascist? I'm not sure how much the U.S. was (improperly) involved in the initial revolution, but I do know that it is Russia who has a history of oppression and genocide; much of that against Ukrainians. There is ,to my knowledge, no proof of this; but I would be surprised if Russia wasn't somehow involved in fomenting the current unrest.

That being said, I agree that the Ukraine sliding towards a civil war. I'm surprised that this hasn't had more of an impact on commodity and energy prices.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby blackrabbit » Sun May 04, 2014 5:40 pm

Guys from the right sector are proud admitted fascists. They were there in Odessa fighting the Russians.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Sun May 04, 2014 6:06 pm

theo wrote: I'm surprised that this hasn't had more of an impact on commodity and energy prices.

It isn't being allowed to. :roll:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby theo » Sun May 04, 2014 9:07 pm

beauanderos wrote:
theo wrote: I'm surprised that this hasn't had more of an impact on commodity and energy prices.

It isn't being allowed to. :roll:

They can hold down PM prices, but oil and NG are another matter.

blackrabbit wrote:Guys from the right sector are proud admitted fascists. They were there in Odessa fighting the Russians.

Its my understanding that the source for that is RT, which is essentially Putin's propaganda arm. It kind of like MSNBC implying that everybody who opposes Obama is a racist.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Sun May 04, 2014 9:39 pm

theo wrote:
Its my understanding that the source for that is RT, which is essentially Putin's propaganda arm.

while such an opinion may or may not be accurate, you should not let such belief disingenuously mislead you into thinking that RT as a
source of information is not credible. RT does, for instance, allow a format for dissenting opinions to those promulgated by
the MSM to be voiced... which otherwise would go unheard in this nation of monopolistic control of the media. :?
beauanderos

Postby theo » Sun May 04, 2014 10:34 pm

beauanderos wrote:
theo wrote:
Its my understanding that the source for that is RT, which is essentially Putin's propaganda arm.

while such an opinion may or may not be accurate, you should not let such belief disingenuously mislead you into thinking that RT as a
source of information is not credible. RT does, for instance, allow a format for dissenting opinions to those promulgated by
the MSM to be voiced... which otherwise would go unheard in this nation of monopolistic control of the media. :?

Three months ago I would have agreed with you; but since the Ukraine flared up, their reporting has been one-sided and very questionable IMO. From what I've been hearing, Putin is pretty much ruling Russia as a dictator. If that is true, I doubt RT is saying anything that Putin doesn't want to be said.

It can be argued that RT deserves some credit for being a haven for hard money advocates, however if my theory is correct it puts a whole new light on their content selection. It has occurred to me that hastening the U.S. dollar collapse along with sowing general descent in the U.S. might be perceived by Putin as being in Russia's interest. I can recall several stories (and at least one cable documentary) about the KGB's role in the Vietnam War protests.

Everybody has an agenda.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby carssman » Fri May 09, 2014 11:04 am

I hate to say it but if we cannot sustain a rally over 21 soemtime this month,, the summer doldrums will certainly drop us to lower levels IMO FWIW.

I am stacking cash in anticipation for lower prices and a higher GSR,, I will likely swap more Gold for Silver over 68:1 which is upon us as I type this.
carssman

Postby TwoPenniesEarned » Sun May 11, 2014 9:26 pm

I'm only buying junk right now as it is very scarce and especially in Canada, unique as a hedge against currency controls, as you can leave the country with your legal tender coins. It is cheap at this price and obviously mostly in strong hands as it hardly ever comes up for sale.

I am sure we will see $17 and I'm waiting with a conventional bullion buy for that price. I don't find it's worth trading in and out of gold and into silver or vice versa given the premiums on buying and that you get a haircut on sale. How do those of you trading in and out manage the hit on sale and corresponding premiums on the buy? Do you offer the dealer a flat rate or something on a straight no premiums swap?
TwoPenniesEarned
Penny Collector Member

Postby beauanderos » Mon May 12, 2014 1:29 pm

TwoPenniesEarned wrote:I'm only buying junk right now as it is very scarce and especially in Canada, unique as a hedge against currency controls, as you can leave the country with your legal tender coins. It is cheap at this price and obviously mostly in strong hands as it hardly ever comes up for sale.

I am sure we will see $17 and I'm waiting with a conventional bullion buy for that price. I don't find it's worth trading in and out of gold and into silver or vice versa given the premiums on buying and that you get a haircut on sale. How do those of you trading in and out manage the hit on sale and corresponding premiums on the buy? Do you offer the dealer a flat rate or something on a straight no premiums swap?

you do your swaps on here.... offer to trade at a fair rate and someone will take you up on it. There are always those looking for the opportunity to rebalance their metals portfolio. :thumbup:
beauanderos

Postby beauanderos » Mon May 12, 2014 1:31 pm

68camaro wrote:Three months ago I would have agreed with you; but since the Ukraine flared up, their reporting has been one-sided and very questionable IMO. From what I've been hearing, Putin is pretty much ruling Russia as a dictator. If that is true, I doubt RT is saying anything that Putin doesn't want to be said.

It can be argued that RT deserves some credit for being a haven for hard money advocates, however if my theory is correct it puts a whole new light on their content selection. It has occurred to me that hastening the U.S. dollar collapse along with sowing general descent in the U.S. might be perceived by Putin as being in Russia's interest. I can recall several stories (and at least one cable documentary) about the KGB's role in the Vietnam War protests.

Everybody has an agenda.

Everybody... being those who pull the strings... the powers that direct the Putin and Obama puppet show :sick:
beauanderos

Postby scyther » Wed May 28, 2014 1:34 am

So, it's almost June and still no new low. Maybe the $18 support from last summer will hold.
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

PreviousNext

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals