Silver - $27 going to Zero! Call your boss..beg for job back

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Silver - $27 going to Zero! Call your boss..beg for job back

Postby Rodebaugh » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:09 pm

http://www.kitco.com/charts/livesilver.html#ny

Take a look Barrytrot.... Never Say Never brother.

This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

$24.44

Postby RD5 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:10 pm

I don't believe my eyes. 24.44?! :thumbup:
Coin Master Flex
RD5
Penny Collector Member

Re: Silver Below $25.....heading to $24

Postby Thogey » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:11 pm

Hell yea!

Time to stack boys!

Bring it below 20. I'm about to have an orgasm.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby pennypicker » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:14 pm

Thogey wrote:Hell yea!

Time to stack boys!

An orgasm won't do me any good if my LCS doesn't have any left for sale tomorrow-- or if they even open their doors. :shock:
"IF I HAD TO PICK ONE PLAYER TO TAKE THE LAST SHOT TO WIN THE GAME I WOULD PICK MICHAEL JORDEN...IF I HAD TO PICK ONE PLAYER TO TAKE THE LAST SHOT TO SAVE MY LIFE I WOULD PICK LARRY BIRD"--Pat Riley, Laker Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby RD5 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:19 pm

Thogey wrote:Hell yea!

Time to stack boys!

:lol: I'd be ok with sub-twenty prices!
Coin Master Flex
RD5
Penny Collector Member

Postby deacon » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:24 pm

pennypicker wrote:An orgasm won't do me any good if my LCS doesn't have any left for sale tomorrow-- or if they even open their doors. :shock:

You should buy online then. Provident is running slow, but its still up.
deacon
Penny Collector Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:31 pm

Thought "paper prices" don't matter?
Physical following along nicely. Just bought a decent chunk of bars just over $25.56 spot.
Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:33 pm

Get ready for delays and backorder products.
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Rodebaugh » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:36 pm

Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Jonflyfish » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:42 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:Get ready for delays and backorder products.

Institutional supply is sound. 1000 oz bars a plenty. Don't know about rolls of quarters.
Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: $24.44

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:46 pm

RD5 wrote:I don't believe my eyes. 24.44?! :thumbup:

on a purely tech basis, they screwed up....they gapped it open to the downside......and one immutable "law" of tech analysis...gaps always get filled....true the gap is in the low $25.

I've said this before, but anybody that spec's in the paper market, the board, etf's....you're playing with fire, dont do it.....stack to stack, stay in the physical..."I want to make money". well, you're dealing with a market that's jimmy rigged.

i'm trying to figure'whats the game"?....what is the endgame of these enemies of mercantilism?

what if the game of the "perma-shorts" has to been to crater this thing all along to such a level, they margin drive out all the weak longs, break their backs, break their spirits, AND at a time and place of their own choosing, they use the JULY or DEC, to flip. go long. and maybe, just maybe, stand for delivery ...knowing full and well, the silver isn't there...and force the market into default...same thing with the gold.

ok, now WHY would they want to do it?...well all the little LCS's and all the sellers of physical use the board to base their pricing mechanisms...what if the board isn't there?....how do the countless LCS's and sellers of PM's engage in price discovery?...the market will be thrown into confusion....and more importantly, disrepute....that PM's are NOT to be trusted as a hard currency....they want the meme out there, that holding on to these "barbarous relics" is akin to gambling at Las Vegas...ie, "any SANE person wouldn't want PM's, because after all, the dollar is stable...you can trust the dollar....PM's you cannot trust"...that's the meme,,,TPTB want embedded into the great mass of our fellow citizens....why do you think it is the Treasury and the SS, let Chinese counterfeiters operate with impunity?....to destroy the physical market....to bring it into disrepute.

any stacker with the LONG VIEW in mind?...these games shouldn't even phase you...or throw you off your game and plan, which is just to keep stacking.

do you see NOW...why I been saying stay away from paper investments in the PM's?
Last edited by neilgin1 on Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby natsb88 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:47 pm

Jonflyfish wrote:

Institutional supply is sound. 1000 oz bars a plenty. Don't know about rolls of quarters.
Cheers!

How many typical stackers are taking delivery of 1000 oz bars? :roll:

10 oz and under is what becomes tight. Watch the premiums and availability of that stuff to see where the physical market is at.
natsb88

Postby Jonflyfish » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:48 pm

I hope folks hedged long ago to reduce or eliminate portfolio volatility.
Hedge
Profit
Use gains to accumulate more physical
Repeat

Always DYOD
Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:59 pm

Jonflyfish wrote:

Cheers!

where you getting this info...institutional supply is sound?...then why is it, every delivery cycle, we hear nightmare tales of guys that really want to stand for delivery, having three million nightmares or getting letters to accept cash delivery or else?

I know planchets are a specialty item, but why is it, the SF mint seems to be running out, all the time...and I gotta be honest with ya, that little aside, "Don't know about rolls of quarters." just underlines an arrogant smarmy kind of attitude you exude...whats the matter, you too good or too rich for the 7.23 toz of silver in each 10 face of US 90% quarters?

i'll think i'll stop writing this response, before I say something, I don't really want to say.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby barrytrot » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:08 pm

It is looking very likely that I may be proven completely wrong on my "never under $25 for a day" statement.

I'm shocked. Very shocked.

The speed with which it is falling is astonishing.
barrytrot

Postby Engineer » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:13 pm

barrytrot wrote:It is looking very likely that I may be proven completely wrong on my "never under $25 for a day" statement.

I'm shocked. Very shocked.

The speed with which it is falling is astonishing.

Did "Sell in May and go away" turn into "Sell before tax day and run away"?
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Jonflyfish » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:18 pm

neilgin1 wrote:
Jonflyfish wrote:

Cheers!

where you getting this info...institutional supply is sound?...then why is it, every delivery cycle, we hear nightmare tales of guys that really want to stand for delivery, having three million nightmares or getting letters to accept cash delivery or else?

I know planchets are a specialty item, but why is it, the SF mint seems to be running out, all the time...and I gotta be honest with ya, that little aside, "Don't know about rolls of quarters." just underlines an arrogant smarmy kind of attitude you exude...whats the matter, you too good or too rich for the 7.23 toz of silver in each 10 face of US 90% quarters?

i'll think i'll stop writing this response, before I say something, I don't really want to say.

Feel free to say as you wish. Where I get it from? Just bought a pallet of 1000 oz Comex deliverable.
No nightmare tales about delivery here. Still doing deals in London literally by the ton (common practice)
Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:22 pm

LBMA silver deals still $100 million+/clip and shipped by vessel. Gold still by air. Plenty of physical liquidity there.
Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:26 pm

Recent market activity suggests to never by the hype (JP Morgon to be crused etc), every gold this or silver that site calling for "buy now" (as if they would ever say "sell sell sell- not!)
Always do your own diligence and use sound risk management.
Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:27 pm

Interesting times...
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:27 pm

Jonflyfish wrote:
neilgin1 wrote:

Feel free to say as you wish. Where I get it from? Just bought a pallet of 1000 oz Comex deliverable.
No nightmare tales about delivery here. Still doing deals in London literally by the ton (common practice)
Cheers!

"Cheers" to you too pal..., as its "common practice" for you to deal in tons of silver, what business does such a commoner as myself have dialoguing with a merchant prince like you? I wish not to be impudent, as I recognize my humble station in life.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:32 pm

Lets talk premiums on 90%:

ANY 90% silver
http://www.apmex.com/Category/17/90_Sil ... _Bags.aspx ................. 19% :shock:

Cull Morgan / Peace
http://www.apmex.com/Product/59975/Morg ... _Cull.aspx ..... 52% :shock: :shock: :lol:

Cheaper .999 is available just buy generics:

Silver Eagles
http://www.goldmart.com/2013-1-oz-ameri ... eagle.html ........ 13.5% :o

One ouncers
http://www.goldmart.com/1-oz-golden-sta ... d-new.html ....... 4%

100 oz engelhards
http://www.goldmart.com/100-oz-engelhar ... -fine.html .... 2.8%

These are the cheapest prices I can find on these products by the "big box dealers".
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Jonflyfish » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:39 pm

On another note, just looking at the Chicago Board of Trade tonight. What a peaceful beautiful downtown sight.
Looking forward to a great week of business here in the windy city.
Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Engineer » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:41 pm

At those premium ratios, I should make some calls in the morning. :shock:
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby scyther » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:43 pm

Huh. Well this is a disturbing development. Makes me wish I had discover silver a year later than I did. Oh well.

I had planned to just hold, but if there are big premiums on 90% and other physical now, it might be a great opportunity to sell and roll it into paper, then move back into physical when premiums go down (which they will eventually, whether the price goes back up or not).
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals