Silver - $27 going to Zero! Call your boss..beg for job back

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Silver is $16

Postby Treetop » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:38 pm

:lol: just my luck I was going to buy a good amount of it here soon. one more leg down silver! for old times sake!
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Silver is now $17 and climbing

Postby Sullysullinburg » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:18 pm

And we're back under $17 Gosh darn silver make up your dang mind
Last edited by Sullysullinburg on Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sullysullinburg
Penny Collector Member

Postby Saabman » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:29 pm

Language please..........

Sullysullinburg wrote:And we're back under $17 darn silver make up your darn mind
Cerca Trova!!!

Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think.
-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby Sullysullinburg » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:53 pm

Saabman wrote:Language please..........

Sullysullinburg wrote:And we're back under $17 darn silver make up your darn mind

Sorry gosh darn it* dang*
Sullysullinburg
Penny Collector Member

Re: Silver is Back @ $15

Postby Market Harmony » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:02 am

Market Harmony wrote:
Rodebaugh wrote:
silverflake wrote:Guys, its a gift that won't last forever. Stack, stack, stack. Check the price of gold in RUBLES! (I know its a silver thread but couldn't find a chart). Gold is up 75% on the year in RUBLES! Up 14% in YEN! Up 11% in EUROS! Crazy stuff. We Americans because of the petro-dollar default of the world have cheap silver and gold available to us.

Keep stacking please!!!!!!!!!

Seen this post 9 days ago and its funny how my mind keeps pinging on the notion of the USD being the prettiest girl in the room.

Its not that silver or gold are in the dumps. Its not that the USD is strong and valued high. The other currencies and state of affairs of international bodies are just more wishy washy than we are.

Greece is a mess.....waiting for a break from the EU. :shh:

Agreed.

Problem is that the USD gets prettier as the rest falter. During that time, PMs take a big hit. It's only when the world realizes that the USD isn't that pretty that we see a revaluation in PMs. And, at that time, you don't want any dollar denominated assets. Draining...

We keep seeing a rise overnight in PM's because Europe is falling apart, everyone. Tune into that. It is vitally important!

Euro investments are being crushed and that money is flowing out and needs a safer home. The US Dollar and the age-old PM's are seeing rises as those Euros are exchanged. This won't last long for PM's as US Dollars are performing better... imagine you have a well mixed portfolio. Overnight, your gold goes up and the dollar goes up. It should be a no-brainer to sell your gold. This is why we have been seeing rise in PM's overnight and selling pressure in the USA market timeframe.

Don't get me wrong, however. I do not believe in the long term positive prospects of the US Dollar. It is flawed, and we print way too much of it, and its value is all predicated on the USD being a world reserve currency... So, long term, your best bet is NOT in the USD. This is only a current phenomenon whereby the USD looks like a hot date by the drunken money.
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Re: Silver is $17

Postby Country » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:41 am

Country wrote:Downish January in equity market reminds me of the beginning of 2000. Everyone was thinking it could go nowhere but up. Everyone jumping in. Everyone chasing stocks. It has that feeling again. Dow was up 250, now not up at all. Could the smart people be selling into rallies?

Oil won't go to zero. I think that low may be in around $44.

PMs need to see GOLD bust through $1240 in a convincing manner to begin the next BULL higher. I believe that $1100 or so GOLD marked the end of the bear. Looking for a solid year in 2015.

My 2c. :)

GOLD breaking through $1240 today. It should challenge $1300 next. SILVER should follow - $19 SILVER if GOLD goes to $1300. :mrgreen:
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Re: Silver is Back @ $15

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:19 am

Rodebaugh wrote:
silverflake wrote:Guys, its a gift that won't last forever. Stack, stack, stack. Check the price of gold in RUBLES! (I know its a silver thread but couldn't find a chart). Gold is up 75% on the year in RUBLES! Up 14% in YEN! Up 11% in EUROS! Crazy stuff. We Americans because of the petro-dollar default of the world have cheap silver and gold available to us.

Keep stacking please!!!!!!!!!

Seen this post 9 days ago and its funny how my mind keeps pinging on the notion of the USD being the prettiest girl in the room.

Its not that silver or gold are in the dumps. Its not that the USD is strong and valued high. The other currencies and state of affairs of international bodies are just more wishy washy than we are.

Greece is a mess.....waiting for a break from the EU. :shh:

Quote your own post Thursday. :lol:

It's good practice and exercise to engage in prior thought evaluation. I stand where I did at the time of this original posting and wish to add more observation with a definitive target. I am now a net buyer of G & S after months of being a net seller. I suspect a continued uptick of spot values to be the norm going forward as currencies abroad further devalue. The US dollar will continue to hold strength medium term as new refugee wealth looks for a safe harbor.

I don't make predictions based entirely on price history and chart observations as they are only part of the dance; yet, I do evaluate and keep focus on possible scenarios. I believe such an event is occurring. The prediction: Climb to mid-high $18ish silver with a reset to low $17 followed by a continued oscillative rebound throughout the months closing out in the $22 range by year end.

My neck is out, color tucked.....chop away,
Doc
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:51 pm

Everybody's baby is ugly, but our baby has the best make-up. Guess who forgot to use the waterproof kind on their baby, and now it's raining...

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (36.22 KiB) Viewed 2039 times
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby silverstacker » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:14 pm

68Camaro wrote:Everybody's baby is ugly, but our baby has the best make-up. Guess who forgot to use the waterproof kind on their baby, and now it's raining...

Capture.PNG

Couldn't have said it better
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Sullysullinburg » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:08 pm

To $18 after that $20!
Sullysullinburg
Penny Collector Member

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:57 pm

Be careful what you ask for. The reasons for the next big climb for PMs could be a predictor (and result of) some seriously ugly times.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Sullysullinburg » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:41 pm

68Camaro wrote:Be careful what you ask for. The reasons for the next big climb for PMs could be a predictor (and result of) some seriously ugly times.

I'm clueless to the world around me most likely because I'm 15 but what are these ugly times.
Sullysullinburg
Penny Collector Member

Postby NHsorter » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:47 pm

Sullysullinburg wrote:
68Camaro wrote:Be careful what you ask for. The reasons for the next big climb for PMs could be a predictor (and result of) some seriously ugly times.

I'm clueless to the world around me most likely because I'm 15 but what are these ugly times.

I'll try....

Economic Collapse. Or maybe just Major Market collapse. Which Market(s)? That's the trillion dollar question!
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby silverstacker » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:25 pm

Or the multi-trillion dollar question?? What will China do? Where does the Ruble go? What happens with Switzerlandand? And How about oil and of course the almighty ( :lol: ) dollar

Many issues and too much volatility makes Silverstacker question the whole framework.
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby silverstacker » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:30 pm

Even more...you have the market up 190, the dollar up, oil up and gold up???? What's with that...it's like all the planets are aligned and not in a good fashion. Time to seriously look at your stock bond investments and think about a serious cash position . My thoughts at least.
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:42 am

Oil is bouncing off a local bottom. Stocks propped by the ppt. Gold the safe haven from euro after the swiss depeg. What does it mean? Dunno but when things do finally unravel we will see stuff like this but worse.
68Camaro

Postby Saabman » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:20 am

18.18 this morning........Nice climb......
Cerca Trova!!!

Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think.
-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Re: Silver is now $18 and heading to the Moon!

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:32 pm

Anyone still think it is going to $13 or lower? I'm not falling on my sword to say that's not possible, but it seems unlikely now even in a deflationary environment, as people are waking to the understanding that money printing reduces fiat value faster than economic activity overall is weakening.
68Camaro

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:50 pm

$8 is possible $13 is likely.......just that $25 seems most likely at the moment. ;)

Never set it in stone Rich, Do Not.....I repeat....DO NOT...Pull a Barrytrot. You'll end up with a 35 page thread in your honor. :lol:
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:44 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:...
Do Not.....I repeat....DO NOT...Pull a Barrytrot. You'll end up with a 35 page thread in your honor. :lol:

It'll be a long time before anyone present during the run-down from the 30s will ever say anything as an absolute! :lol:
68Camaro

Postby GlitterGirl » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:51 pm

68Camaro wrote:
Rodebaugh wrote:...
Do Not.....I repeat....DO NOT...Pull a Barrytrot. You'll end up with a 35 page thread in your honor. :lol:

It'll be a long time before anyone present during the run-down from the 30s will ever say anything as an absolute! :lol:

What happened to whoever used to type silver will Never go under $25 an oz again?
I think it would be over $20 now if it wasn't for the strong dollar/weak euro
GlitterGirl

Postby Rodebaugh » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:11 pm

GlitterGirl wrote:
What happened to whoever used to type silver will Never go under $25 an oz again?

We strung him up by his toenails and whipped him until he was pink and unconscious.
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby GlitterGirl » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:14 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:
GlitterGirl wrote:

We strung him up by his toenails and whipped him until he was pink and unconscious.

:lol: :lol: :clap: :lol: :lol:
GlitterGirl

Re: Silver is now $17 and falling like a rock

Postby Saabman » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:07 am

Pretty solid move today........$17.40 at this time......
Cerca Trova!!!

-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby barrytrot » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:44 am

Rodebaugh wrote:
GlitterGirl wrote:

I lived though and I'm still here :)

I was obviously wrong there. I still don't see how I was wrong, but clearly I was WAY wrong :)
barrytrot

PreviousNext

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals