House Dems now want to protect us from gold dealers

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

House Dems now want to protect us from gold dealers

Postby Delawhere Jack » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:11 pm

This guy Weiner is a real weasel, Waxman needs no comment....

http://seekingalpha.com/article/225579-congressmen-weiner-and-waxman-set-gold-hearing

From the press release: "Under Rep. Weiner's bill, companies like Goldline would be required to disclose the reasonable resale value of items being sold." That's great. Are Mr. Weiner and Chairman Bernanke also going to agree to print on every dollar the reasonable expectation that its value will be eroded by inflation?
I've gone Galt. Obama and all the other commie's can kiss my a....
Delawhere Jack
Post Hoarder

Re: House Dems now want to protect us from gold dealers

Postby fb101 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:12 pm

Next will be coin dealers.
Next will be......

BTW: Just saw the new avatar. XLNT.
fb101
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Ardent Listener » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:58 pm

You won't get any sympathy for Goldline from me. The Republicans can't go after them because Goldline finances their radio propaganda machine.
All posts by the person known here as Ardent Listener are for your edification and amusement only and are not intended to provide investment, medical, legal, tax advice or any other advice or counsel and nothing posted here should be considered to be so.
Ardent Listener
Founding Member

Postby Thogey » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:10 pm

Ardent Listener wrote:You won't get any sympathy for Goldline from me. The Republicans can't go after them because Goldline finances their radio propaganda machine.

I hear that!

But, federal legislation? By that logic we should force car dealers to disclose the fact that if you bought a new car from the dealership, you better use it up or face the fact that you've been FUBARED.

Maybe weiner should start his own gold dealership and compete. I'm sure it's a tough business.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby cesariojpn » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:37 am

IIRC, this is being brought about because Goldline is being accused of selling numismatic-grade coins instead of physical bullion like in their ads. When people went to sell the coins, they got much lower than what they paid for.
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby PennyPauper » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:12 am

cesariojpn wrote:IIRC, this is being brought about because Goldline is being accused of selling numismatic-grade coins instead of physical bullion like in their ads. When people went to sell the coins, they got much lower than what they paid for.

Indeed they have duped folks into buying coins for much more then their worth,using the fear of confiscation and the pre 1933 arguement. I have heard dealers complain about them. And there should be some regulations on their marketing i.e. fair disclosure. But anyone can see Noseman and Weiner are doing it for political reasons.You just know they won't waste a good crisis to try and impose far greater regulations then necessary hoping to cast a bad reputation on all gold sellers to protect the federal reserves monopoly. But their days are numbered and maybe this attention will wake more folks up to the truth.baaaaa
PennyPauper
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Delawhere Jack » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:08 pm

cesariojpn wrote:IIRC, this is being brought about because Goldline is being accused of selling numismatic-grade coins instead of physical bullion like in their ads. When people went to sell the coins, they got much lower than what they paid for.

Caveat emptor.
I've gone Galt. Obama and all the other commie's can kiss my a....
Delawhere Jack
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals