What about Kruggerands?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

What about Kruggerands?

Postby fb101 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:48 pm

Talking to a local dealer, willing to do spot+$25 on Kruggerands.
Anybody think Krugerands are a good thing or better to hold out for AGEs?
fb101
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: What about Kruggerands?

Postby Country » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:51 pm

Krugs are a good cheaper alternate to AGEs. Dealer buy back should be around spot+$10; dealer sell is in the spot+$25 range. Nothing wrong with them and they are traded worldwide too.
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby UDEric » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:45 pm

I was checking out the neculo exchange on BD last night, and I noticed that Krugs asking price seemed to be quite a bit cheaper than GAE or Gold Maples. I'm still fairly new to the PM game, but I can remember Krugs being the first gold coin I ever heard of or learned about. Also the only 1 oz. gold coin I've ever held.

In terms of SHTF recognition I would think you'd have no problem at all.
"Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon and the truth"

"No army can stop an idea whose time has come"
UDEric
Penny Collector Member

Postby beauanderos » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:46 pm

Nothing wrong with Freddie's... if that was the only gold I could lay my hands on I'd be perfectly satisfied ;)
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals