Ag on sale now @ $18.65

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Ag on sale now @ $18.65

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Fri May 30, 2014 11:16 am

Who's taking advantage of these bargain basement prices?

I received my 2014 CMLs today. I wished I waited until today to buy em. Seems like every time I buy, it goes down more right after that. :?
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Re: Ag on sale now @ $18.65

Postby TwoPenniesEarned » Fri May 30, 2014 1:38 pm

I don't believe we have seen the final "Puke Point" of summer. As soon as everyone is gone on vacation leaving only their electronic stops to babysit their paper positions, a massive sell order on small volume will set in motion the domino effect of stop-loss triggered auto-selling which will result in the price falling off a cliff. People will have programmed their trading software to auto-sell their silver positions into such a drop. They will be the unwitting participants in a negative feed-back loop which will result in their own silver falling out of their possession and into a catch bag that the original low volume seller set up at the bottom of the cliff to collect everything that falls in.

I think the price will briefly touch about $17 USD at that point, after which the ability of the manipulators to move the physical market through such fraud will reach an end vis-a-vis programmed auto-buys which will get set up on the new floor by the people that just lost their silver. But by then the manipulators will be net long. And ironically, the people that just lost all of their metal because of auto-programming, will set their auto-programming to attempt to collect their metal again if/when it hits $17 again. But it never will....because of their own new floor! At this point the dupes will unwittingly send the manipulators' new leveraged long position, which was just built using the dupes' own silver, to the moon. At that point, hold on to your hats!

I know the manipulation is illegal and wrong. And yet I feel like the dupes deserve it. How many times do they have to watch the same story repeat itself before they learn?
Last edited by TwoPenniesEarned on Fri May 30, 2014 1:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
TwoPenniesEarned
Penny Collector Member

Postby plus1hdcp » Fri May 30, 2014 1:54 pm

Haven't taken advantage yet but am keeping a close eye.
plus1hdcp
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby flynavy812 » Fri May 30, 2014 2:10 pm

Yep on sale.. always buying but helps a little.
flynavy812

Postby pennypicker » Fri May 30, 2014 6:28 pm

Picked up 20 one oz incuse Indian silver rounds from Provident at $19.95 each--simply love the look of those rounds--especially at under $20 each :D
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Catfish4u » Fri May 30, 2014 7:38 pm

http://www.providentmetals.com/ Morgan Dollar one ounce silver rounds for $19.67 each. Others too including walking liberty, mercury, etc. for the same price!
Catfish4u
Penny Pincher Member

Postby agnaustic » Fri May 30, 2014 8:27 pm

It the greater scheme of things, the amount of silver that I can purchase at these prices is only a few 10s of troy ounces than what I could have purchased at $23/ozt. The dip in price changes nothing for me, really, except selling for a profit is going to become harder.
agnaustic

Postby 68Camaro » Sat May 31, 2014 6:50 am

It has been on sale for 18-24 months now. Increasing downward pressure tends to make me divert more to PMs, but I'm already buying all I can no matter what month it is.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby silverflake » Sat May 31, 2014 9:22 am

I will repeat my mantra: if the price goes down from here, buy some more. If it goes up, buy some more. If it keeps going up, buy some more.

Clear?

Most of us are stackers not investors. Yes, it's nice to get a deal, but I have no bad feelings about the eagles I bought when Ag was $35 nor am I a whole lot more excited about the philharmonics I just bought recently.

Bottom line, KEEP STACKING!!!
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Mr Paradise » Sat May 31, 2014 9:12 pm

The only Ag I'm buying on this trend down are the 5oz ATB's as their released. I'm PM bullish but my guess we see new lows in gold and silver over the summer.
Mr Paradise
Penny Sorter Member

Postby SilverDragon72 » Sat May 31, 2014 10:33 pm

silverflake wrote:I will repeat my mantra: if the price goes down from here, buy some more. If it goes up, buy some more. If it keeps going up, buy some more.

Clear?

Most of us are stackers not investors. Yes, it's nice to get a deal, but I have no bad feelings about the eagles I bought when Ag was $35 nor am I a whole lot more excited about the philharmonics I just bought recently.

Bottom line, KEEP STACKING!!!

This sums it up nicely! :thumbup:
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Silverfondler » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:08 pm

I agree keep stacking; regardless of the current trend as they say. However, as I have mentioned before. I believe PMs as a whole will continue to drop throughout the summer. I think we might be lucky enough to catch glimpse's of our shiny friend in the $16 range. At the end of the day - it doesn't really matter where it's at. What's important to grasp is this is quite literally an opportunity of a lifetime. The overall ratio of gold to silver currently is so out of whack - meaning regardless of it being 16, 17, 18 , 19, 25 an oz. It will eventually correct itself to it's historical ratio of gold. Which, my friend is quite more than the current price(s) it is going for now. One could write a thesis on what the actual historical ratio is - for the sake of argument let's agree it is 15 to 1 (15oz of Silver for 1oz of Gold). Right now it's roughly 65 to 1. You can do the math from here...

Stack on!
Silverfondler
Penny Sorter Member

Postby rainsonme » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:37 pm

A lot depends on your time horizon. It is very hard for me to think of a scenario that doesnt see gold and silver much higher in 10 years. Between now and then, I expect more pain. I buy a little each week, and I will continue to. There is a market theory that "the market" will inflict maximum pain when it turns bearish. I think the gold and silver markets will inflict more pain before they trend up again. We are in a very "un-natural" period --- the dollar is the strongest currency despite all the QE and printing and unsustainable debt ----- US treasuries are rising in price (who wants those low yielding things?) ---- I will hold tight, and continue buying a little each week. Just dont expect the prescious metals markets to behave any more "naturally" than the currency and bond markets --- it is a very un-natural period. But it will come back into a more natural balance eventually.

(my guess is that gold breaks under 1,000 and silver breaks under $15, before both start to move much much higher ---- but I am still buying every week, so if they dont ever break that low, it wont matter to me)
rainsonme
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby scyther » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:57 am

Silverfondler wrote:I agree keep stacking; regardless of the current trend as they say. However, as I have mentioned before. I believe PMs as a whole will continue to drop throughout the summer. I think we might be lucky enough to catch glimpse's of our shiny friend in the $16 range. At the end of the day - it doesn't really matter where it's at. What's important to grasp is this is quite literally an opportunity of a lifetime. The overall ratio of gold to silver currently is so out of whack - meaning regardless of it being 16, 17, 18 , 19, 25 an oz. It will eventually correct itself to it's historical ratio of gold. Which, my friend is quite more than the current price(s) it is going for now. One could write a thesis on what the actual historical ratio is - for the sake of argument let's agree it is 15 to 1 (15oz of Silver for 1oz of Gold). Right now it's roughly 65 to 1. You can do the math from here...

Stack on!

Who says gold can't correct down, instead of silver correcting up?
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:00 am

Y'all do appreciate that you're not discussing the value of PM so much as the strength of the dollar ? So... how "strong" is it? The USD is only as strong as the media can convince the world that it is. That opinion will go up and down over time but in the end game there is nothing behind it and it is nearly valueless. So - again - I don't know how to predict all the in-between stuff - but don't care.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby silverflake » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:55 am

Just an FYI, you may want to wait until the end of this week to make any Ag purchases. I just bought some Ag philharmonics, so the price is BOUND TO GO DOWN!

Plan accordingly.

But keep stacking!

(We will look back some day a couple years from now and lament how we didn't stock up at sub $20/ounce price of silver)
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:43 am

Yup, it was definitely on sale.

$20.28 as I write this.

:)

Shorts covering?
Last edited by Cu Penny Hoarder on Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby slickeast » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:49 am

$20+ silver. Yes its true. Take a look before it drops back to $19
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:06 am

$20.50 as I type this.

Seems like short covering to me.

Finally... a nice up day. Let's hope it holds this time.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby LooseChange » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:13 am

This is my fault for going to bed instead of checking out with the silver I had in my online cart. (face palm)
"You can go if you want, but all they make are coins there"- Quote from the Philidelphia, PA visitors center desk clerk, after inquiring about going on a tour of the MINT
LooseChange
Penny Collector Member

Postby johnbrickner » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:48 am

Climbing the wall of worry.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:56 am

Sooner or later we will climb out of the $20 level for a final time never to look back. Is this the time? Who knows. We will only be certain of it in hindsight. When isn't critical to me as long as I have my physical now. But I tend to believe we are close to the start of the next climb up.
68Camaro

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:04 pm

I get a funny feeling TPTB may try to smash it back down today or tomorrow.

I hope not.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Silver was 18, now stretching toward 21?

Postby uthminsta » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:36 pm

Whoa, what's going on at this moment?
uthminsta

Postby Catfish4u » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:37 pm

I think at some point in time TPTB will utilize 'some type of a world crisis' to allow silver to quickly run up and provide an end to the manipulation.
Catfish4u
Penny Pincher Member

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals