Ag on sale now @ $18.65

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Ag on sale now @ $18.65

Postby Thogey » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:07 am

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:$18.00 as I type this. :cry:

As long as a PM paper market exists, it will dictate the price... the fraud and manipulation will continue indefinitely. It MUST continue. TPTB cannot afford to have PMs overtake the USD. That would put an end to their whole fiat Ponzi scheme.

OK I admit to being an idiot. What exactly does this mean?

This thought gets regurgitated whenever silver drops in price. How much silver is in a contract? You can demand delivery right?

The demand for any commodity rises and falls. I get paid in dollars (backed by the full faith and credit of the US gubermint :roll: ), but those dollars are what everyone uses.

No one I know has a need for silver. They need: gas, paint, food, tobacco, alcohol, electricity, toothpaste, septic pumping, oil, ......no-one wants or needs silver.

Here is where I stick my finger in a hornets nest. You all are too emotionally invested in the price of metal. It is metal. You can't eat it or drink it and it doesn't haul the garbage away.

It is a backup plan, not a life plan. Stack some metal, but for goodness sakes, stop planning your financial future around it.

Diversify!
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby pennypicker » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:52 pm

Thogey wrote:It is a backup plan, not a life plan. Stack some metal, but for goodness sakes, stop planning your financial future around it. Diversify!

I agree. I decided to diversify two years ago and began buying pre-1980 unopened vintage sportscards packs. Two years ago these 1977 rack packs were selling for $100 and now there bringing $200! There not making '77s anymore and they're fun to look at and they bring back a lot of fond memories of my teenage years 37 years ago!

P1000520.jpg
P1000520.jpg (215.81 KiB) Viewed 1277 times
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:56 pm

Broke support... $17.79 now - yikes.

What does it mean?... it means that we ALL should have plowed our cash into the stock market in March 2009 and never looked back.

It means that all those silver sages/gurus were wrong.

It means that you cannot fight the banksters and the FED and hope to win.

It means that we should dump all our PMs and buy BABA hand over fist.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:58 pm

pennypicker wrote:
Thogey wrote:It is a backup plan, not a life plan. Stack some metal, but for goodness sakes, stop planning your financial future around it. Diversify!

I agree. I decided to diversify two years ago and began buying pre-1980 unopened vintage sportscards packs. Two years ago these 1977 rack packs were selling for $100 and now there bringing $200! There not making '77s anymore and they're fun to look at and they bring back a lot of fond memories of my teenage years 37 years ago!

P1000520.jpg

The sports card mania bubble burst in the early 90's... and it's never coming back.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:53 pm

Excellent, it's back to the 4 year ago price but hindsight is 20/20. I bought for insurance and continue to do so.

Someone let us all know the first time you see a major producer selling for less than $18 shipped. That's a definite physical capitulation.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby pennypicker » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:50 pm

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:The sports card mania bubble burst in the early 90's... and it's never coming back.

You are correct that the mania is gone and will never come back. However the demand and prices for investment grade PSA pre-1980 singles and unopened packs are at all-time highs and continue to climb. The major sports memorabilia auction houses such as Memory Lane, Robert Edwards, Mile High & Legendary were seeing record demand and prices even during the darkest days of the recession.

The kids buying those $1 packs of junk cards from the late 80's & early 90's are long gone. Now the market is driven by wealthy baby boomers who are willing to spend tens of thousands of dollars for a single card just to complete a high grade PSA set of cards from a particular year or years!
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:11 pm

Thogey wrote:
Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:$18.00 as I type this. :cry:

As long as a PM paper market exists, it will dictate the price... the fraud and manipulation will continue indefinitely. It MUST continue. TPTB cannot afford to have PMs overtake the USD. That would put an end to their whole fiat Ponzi scheme.

No one I know has a need for silver. They need: gas, paint, food, tobacco, alcohol, electricity, toothpaste, septic pumping, oil, ......no-one wants or needs silver.

Diversify!

Not sure I agree- if you drive a car, use a computer, or turn on lights, you are using products that have silver. Ditto for thousands of other products.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:29 pm

pennypicker wrote:
Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:The sports card mania bubble burst in the early 90's... and it's never coming back.

You are correct that the mania is gone and will never come back. However the demand and prices for investment grade PSA pre-1980 singles and unopened packs are at all-time highs and continue to climb. The major sports memorabilia auction houses such as Memory Lane, Robert Edwards, Mile High & Legendary were seeing record demand and prices even during the darkest days of the recession.

The kids buying those $1 packs of junk cards from the late 80's & early 90's are long gone. Now the market is driven by wealthy baby boomers who are willing to spend tens of thousands of dollars for a single card just to complete a high grade PSA set of cards from a particular year or years!

You mean unopened packs that have been searched and resealed? :P

I have hundreds of rookie cards in mint condition from the 80's... the last time I checked Ebay, they were practically worthless. Everyone was apparently doing was I was doing back then... saving/stashing these cards for a rainy day. The early 2000's roid scandal really hurt the market too. My LCS guy used to be more geared towards sports cards. Now, he won't buy any cards later than 1975.

Whether it be bitcoins, baseball cards, Beanie Babies, Pet Rocks, tulip bulbs... bubbles burst, bubbles pop. Human nature is very predictable. It never seems like a bubble when you're in it though.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby TwoAndAHalfCents » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:20 pm

The price of silver is down again tonight. I saw a $17.33 bid on Kitco a little while ago.
TwoAndAHalfCents
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:33 pm

TwoAndAHalfCents wrote:The price of silver is down again tonight. I saw a $17.33 bid on Kitco a little while ago.

Something very strange is going on. Bankster manipulation?... Hedge funds dumping?... no way to know for sure. Last Friday it was a rising USD, but that's not happening tonight.

On a recent YT video, Chris Duane observed the same thing happening in July/August of 2008 right before the big stock market melt down that September. Could the same thing be happening right now?

If Ag does make it down to $15-16, I'm buying more... probably CMLs... some fractional Au too. I just sold a vintage guitar the other day and now I have extra dry powder to burn. :thumbup:
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby aloneibreak » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:59 pm

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:
TwoAndAHalfCents wrote:The price of silver is down again tonight. I saw a $17.33 bid on Kitco a little while ago.

Something very strange is going on. Bankster manipulation?... Hedge funds dumping?... no way to know for sure. Last Friday it was a rising USD, but that's not happening tonight.

On a recent YT video, Chris Duane observed the same thing happening in July/August of 2008 right before the big stock market melt down that September. Could the same thing be happening right now?

If Ag does make it down to $15-16, I'm buying more... probably CMLs... some fractional Au too. I just sold a vintage guitar the other day and now I have extra dry powder to burn. :thumbup:

its the predictions of a dollar index heading to the mid 90's that have me bewildered... :?
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:19 pm

aloneibreak wrote:
Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:

its the predictions of a dollar index heading to the mid 90's that have me bewildered... :?

The Fed controls everything and they are going to manipulate until the very end. We could be waiting for many more months, even years. Keep stacking, but never go all in and save dry powder for if/when the price drops more. Water, food, supplies and ammo should always come before PMs.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:44 pm

I'd love to see silver at $18.65 again. Fun to reread this thread and see what we were all thinking in the midst of that particular commotion. 8-)
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby silverstacker » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:40 pm

beauanderos wrote:I'd love to see silver at $18.65 again. F

un to reread this thread and see what we were all thinking in the midst of that particular commotion. 8-)

I notice the same thing when reading weeks, months and even years of past. Reading the discussions going on during that period of time.

Interesting as you try and match the discussion up with current events during that period versus events during this period and the influences that might or might not have impacted the price.
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:41 am

Funny huh? Most of us here never thought silver would get back down to the $14 level. The only Ag I've purchased since this post was 2014 CML's. I would not be surprised if Ag gets down to the $10-12 level sometime over the next 6 months.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:07 pm

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:Funny huh? Most of us here never thought silver would get back down to the $14 level. The only Ag I've purchased since this post was 2014 CML's. I would not be surprised if Ag gets down to the $10-12 level sometime over the next 6 months.

Why do you think there is a floor at $10? Why not $9? $8? $7? $6?
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby silverstacker » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:55 pm

68Camaro wrote:
Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:Funny huh? Most of us here never thought silver would get back down to the $14 level. The only Ag I've purchased since this post was 2014 CML's. I would not be surprised if Ag gets down to the $10-12 level sometime over the next 6 months.

Why do you think there is a floor at $10? Why not $9? $8? $7? $6?

Great point. Is it because it's double digits??? Doesn't make sense to me. Could easily go lower if it gets to $10 IMO
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby beauanderos » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:32 pm

I hope it gets down to $3! Then I can back up the truck. :lol:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Treetop » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:36 pm

Treetop wrote:Perhaps Im dead wrong, but honestly I think ag has been on sale for decades. With the price artificially held low both by the massive reserves having been sold off and all the paper silver if nothing else. Ive been told that paper silver doesnt affect the price, but you have dollars chasing pretend ounces.

We have generational issues imo.

I still think the way I did when I first wrote this. Will it go even lower? pffft I have no idea but imo its likely been on sale for years for the reasons mentioned above if not additional ones.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby aloneibreak » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:42 pm

beauanderos wrote:I hope it gets down to $3! Then I can back up the truck. :lol:

there will still be folks waiting for $2... :mrgreen:
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:29 pm

When it gets to $1 again I'm not just backin' up the truck, I'm selling it and buying silver! :lol: :lol:
68Camaro

Postby CardsNCoins » Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:35 pm

I will only pay $1.38 per ounce for my 90%. Always have, always will.
CardsNCoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:19 pm

CardsNCoins wrote:I will only pay $1.38 per ounce for my 90%. Always have, always will.

Is this your way of saying you only get rolls at the bank or get it for face value in some other manner?
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby CardsNCoins » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:42 am

Recyclersteve wrote:Is this your way of saying you only get rolls at the bank or get it for face value in some other manner?

Yes.
CardsNCoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby bankmining » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:50 am

CardsNCoins wrote:I will only pay $1.38 per ounce for my 90%. Always have, always will.

Wouldn't there be other expenses making it higher than $1.38? Picking up, returning coin? Gas, wear on vehicle, your time?
bankmining
Penny Hoarding Member

PreviousNext

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals