Help with Chinese Silver Coins

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Help with Chinese Silver Coins

Postby Robarons » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:48 pm

Just picked these up from the coin show and I do not know much about them. I know they are heavily faked but these weighed right and are not magnetic

The way the look, sound and feel makes me think they are authentic. Also the dealer is trust worthy and got them from local estate so everything checks out

Think the ones with bald guy are called 'Fat man' coins and the one with the dragon are called 'China Dollars'. There is information on the internet and they seem to be popular but I would a bit more guidance on these

Let me know your thoughts

Robarons
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals