Its all a scam.

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Its all a scam.

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:09 am

IdahoCopper wrote:I met an older guy in LA, he was a potential investor in a multimillion dollar satellite project.

He made his money with bare land. "Nothing can go wrong with bare land." is what he said.

He would find out early where the LA area freeway system will have exits and on ramps. Then buy land by the acre and sell it 5 or 10 years later by the square foot.

He was worth over $100 million.

Good deal and I agree, but his current $tatus probably gives him specific access to info like that. That doesn't usually happen with the average little guy RE investor.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby IdahoCopper » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:45 am

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:
IdahoCopper wrote:I met an older guy in LA, he was a potential investor in a multimillion dollar satellite project.

He made his money with bare land. "Nothing can go wrong with bare land." is what he said.

He would find out early where the LA area freeway system will have exits and on ramps. Then buy land by the acre and sell it 5 or 10 years later by the square foot.

Good deal and I agree, but his current $tatus probably gives him specific access to info like that. That doesn't usually happen with the average little guy RE investor.

EXACTLY! Please review the title of this thread.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:36 pm

Success! The topic is understood!

that was funny
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:48 pm

Gold!

$1434 as I type this.

Good to have both.

It's a scam I tell ya!
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Recyclersteve » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:12 am

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:
JadeDragon wrote:Well located Real Estate is a perfectly acceptable alternative to gold and silver. You can't move real estate (minus a point for it) but you can generate income or use it yourself for a residence or business or to grow food etc. (Plus a point for real estate). You can't just buy and sell real estate in small quantiles pretty much instantly like you can metal. However you can improve real estate (physically or by government approvals) which you can't do to metals.

You cannot sell land or RE instantly like you can with metal. Metals do not need to abide by zoning laws, no maintenance fees either. No dealing with bad tenants or evictions. You can even avoid reporting and paying taxes on sales if you're cautious/crafty about it.

And you don't have to pay property taxes on metals either.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby Treetop » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:53 pm

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:

I know a guy who did this here in NM and lost the wealth his ancestors had left him waiting.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby InfleXion » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:34 pm

Gold is (the valuable portion of) land, and land is wealth. The way builders are attacking the empty space in my county, I wouldn't hesitate to get some were I so inclined.
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

If it's printed on a piece of paper it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If it's a digital asset it's worth the electrons in cyberspace.
InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby IdahoCopper » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:31 pm

- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby pennypicker » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:50 pm

Outstanding and informative read....thanks for sharing!
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby shinnosuke » Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:16 pm

This thread is another good read if anyone missed it. Yes, precious metals markets are still scammy, Mammy. I'm home from Alabammy.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:37 am

shinnosuke wrote:This thread is another good read if anyone missed it. Yes, precious metals markets are still scammy, Mammy. I'm home from Alabammy.

Don't flim-flammy mammy... put on those eggs and hammy!
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:00 am

I did a quick skim through this thread again. Especially for newbies, the comments/advice within form a good summary of the range of thought from many of the experienced members of this community on a range of related relevant topics (metals, money, investing, wealth preservation, personal security, expectations for the future). But at the same time I was again reminded of the loss to us of several of the posters who are no longer on this earth. :(
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Recyclersteve » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:43 am

If you haven’t read through the entire 7 pages of this thread, there is quite a bit of good and interesting info included. Just read through the whole thing yet again.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby Sanford02 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:18 pm

Does the OP have any silver? Any PM at all?

I just sold the last of my base metal stack. I'm thinking about dumping my silver soon.
Sanford02
Penny Pincher Member

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals