Group Buy::: The RealCent Silver Mine

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Group Buy::: The RealCent Silver Mine

Postby IdahoCopper » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:01 pm

Last night I had a nice discussion with a friend who is selling a very rich silver mine in central Idaho. I posted about this before, but perhaps it deserves its own thread.

The ore from the mine is up to 100 oz Ag per ton. The by-product is a lot of lead. The mine has not been worked in almost a century. In its day, it was the top producing mine of the immediate region.

I have in my hands, a professional mining survey done in 1985, which proves the quality of the mine and its potential. I can share this survey with anyone interested, just PM be to get it.

Herb is asking $1.8 million for his near 100 acres of claims. Most of the claims are patented, which avoids a whole lot of hassle with the EPA, etc. Last night Herb told me that the long driveway to his house is set with crushed rock from the mine, and probably has 2500 oz of silver, just in the gravel. Herb is getting pretty old now, and cannot personally pursue mining activities.

If RealCenters came together and formed an association to buy these mining claims; and then held the mine unworked; it is a near certainty that when spot silver is over $100/oz, the claims could be sold for quite a nice profit, and sold rather quickly. Alternatively, a plan could be developed to work the mine, concentrate and refine the ore, and pay back the association in bullion, with good profits. These options can be discussed. I'm certain that buying Ag in the ground is less risky than buying paper silver, ETFs and other sketchy Ag investment options.

I believe that this opportunity is real, valid, and a realistic option for us to consider.

If this discussion matures, and a RealCent association is formed to buy the mine, I will be pleased to do whatever I can to make this a success for all of us.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Re: Group Buy::: The RealCent Silver Mine

Postby jerry278 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:15 pm

Wow. That sounds very neat. You should get discovery channel to foot the bill : )
jerry278
Penny Pincher Member

Postby 999Ni » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:23 pm

Oh heck yea. :mrgreen:

Lets seriously consider this, realcenters!
Ron Paul 2012!

999Ni
Penny Pincher Member

Postby justj2k78 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:25 pm

I'm in for $50!
justj2k78
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:45 pm

I'm curious, but at 1.8 million, it would take either at lot more of us than there are, or a pretty big chunk per person.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby misteroman » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:47 pm

Adam sells 3 lots in ebay then buy the mine!!!!
misteroman

Postby 999Ni » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:56 pm

68Camaro wrote:I'm curious, but at 1.8 million, it would take either at lot more of us than there are, or a pretty big chunk per person.

We have 700 members here.

700 x $2572 = $1,800,400

Now to get each member to invest $2572! (which aint bad considering the potential reward) :mrgreen:
Ron Paul 2012!

999Ni
Penny Pincher Member

Postby hejira11 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:00 pm

Count me in for a serious proposal. This sounds like a once in a lifetime opportunity.
hejira11
Penny Collector Member

Postby blackrabbit » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:07 pm

I'd invest a few grand if it seemed legit. Maybe you can form some type of corporation and we could buy shares, so some could take a big stake in it and others could invest 50 bucks.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:09 pm

We could divide it up for, say, $1800 a share. Some would buy in for the minimum, others for more. These shares could trade within Realcent to newcomers, or others as their finances improve, according to the silver price and market demand. For instance, silver moves up another five dollars an ounce, this play begins to look more lucrative, and one of the major shareholders could unload several shares for a quick profit at $2000 a share. We would probably need to incorporate, which barrytrot probably knows how to do, and there would be all sorts of other hurdles... but I agree with hejira11... IF this is legitimate, it would be a once in a lifetime opportunity.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby beauanderos » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:13 pm

Someone needs to tell Doc and Thogey... so they don't embarass themselves... that this would be for a silver mine, not "silver, it's mine, all mine!" :lol:
beauanderos

Postby barrytrot » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:18 pm

I would imagine that you only need to raise about 50% and can get a loan for the rest. Depending on the perceived quality we may need to put up to 70% down, but for sure a loan for at least 30% is easily done.
barrytrot

Postby hejira11 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:19 pm

I know it takes time and money to form a corperation. I'd be willing to fund the incorperation process, in exchange for shares equal to the money it costs me to initially incorperate us. Just brainstorming. I want to make this happen!
hejira11
Penny Collector Member

Postby barrytrot » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:19 pm

Also, just because the *ask* is 1.8 million doesn't mean that's what would have to be offered. In thinly traded commercial dealings like this deals from 50% on up (even lower) are not uncommon.
barrytrot

Postby Thogey » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:20 pm

What do you all know about mining? :lol: :lol:

Who here has any idea what it takes to pull metal from a mine?

Mine claims are a dime a dozen. There's a whole lot of daylight between "there's silver and gold in this dirt" and making a profit.

Do your research before y'all start 'investing'.

I'll stick to the pre-processed stuff.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:22 pm

Yeah I am in for a share or so if she is legit.

I can run a miner or shuttle car......beauanderos can shovel belt. (mine lingo)
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby 999Ni » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:24 pm

Hey, I watched every episode of "Gold Rush". I'm a seasoned vet. :lol: :lol:
Ron Paul 2012!

999Ni
Penny Pincher Member

Postby beauanderos » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:25 pm

barrytrot wrote:Also, just because the *ask* is 1.8 million doesn't mean that's what would have to be offered. In thinly traded commercial dealings like this deals from 50% on up (even lower) are not uncommon.

How old are Herb's knees? Maybe we can make him an offer he can't refuse? 8-)
beauanderos

Postby misteroman » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:29 pm

Im sure if you put 900000 down im sure he would finance the resti
misteroman

Postby barrytrot » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:31 pm

misteroman wrote:Im sure if you put 900000 down im sure he would finance the resti

Good point. This probably could be done for 50% of the FINAL PRICE and then have the seller finance it personally.

That's assuming the old man doesn't have a bank loan on it himself and would have that flexibility.

So I would imagine:

His ask of 1.8 mil

If Realcent had $500,000 a deal could be done at a $1 mil to 1.3 mil final price.
barrytrot

Postby hejira11 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:32 pm

I'm originally from New Jersey and I'm Italian. I'll make him an offer he can't refuse. ;)
hejira11
Penny Collector Member

Postby Thogey » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:37 pm

Are you people serious?

You know nothing about mining. Do some research.

There are rich claims all over. Most of them are owned by people on death's bed who could never turn a profit.

Running a mine is serious front end.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby barrytrot » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:41 pm

Thogey wrote:Are you people serious?

You know nothing about mining. Do some research.

There are rich claims all over. Most of them are owned by people on death's bed who could never turn a profit.

Running a mine is serious front end.

Mining, like most things I have no knowledge about, is easy :)

Naturally this is phase 1 of 10 phases to even consider doing this. But Phase 1 is also one of the most fun phases as we all temporarily see visions of living out the hoarders dream :)

Instead of getting our silver at face searching rolls now we can get it for free right out of the ground :)
barrytrot

Postby Thogey » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:44 pm

Free right out of the ground :lol: :lol:
Thogey

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:50 pm

Digging holes to plant trees = same as mining silver ....right?

just dig a little deeper :)
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals