Gold to $20k in a few yrs.- NYSE Trader

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Gold to $20k in a few yrs.- NYSE Trader

Postby Recyclersteve » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:07 pm

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/GLD?p=GLD

The above link won't last too long so I've captured what was said here:

Alexis Christoforous of Yahoo! Finance is speaking with a trader (apparently from the New York Stock Exchange) named Alan Valdes, Director of Floor Operations for Silverbear- @alanwallst). The video was likely made on Tuesday, October 10, 2017. The dialog goes like this:

YAHOO: "I want to switch gears and talk about gold because it's been rallying for the third straight day after being under some pressure for much of September. We also have the U.S. dollar giving back some recent gains. What do you think are behind these moves, Alan?"

TRADER (ALAN VALDES): "You know, gold's interesting. During the Korean crisis when you know every week there was a new missile being flown off you saw gold get as high as $1,335 and then its backed off- backed off to ...I think $1,275 or something like that. Now it's going back up, but you know what's also... there's a rumor going around that Saudi Arabia and China are working on a deal where the Saudis will sell the Chinese gold in return for the yuan which they can now sell into the Shanghai gold exchange and just get gold. Which is gonna pump gold up. You can see gold trading at $20,000 (Editor: per ounce) in a few years if that continues. So this could be the beginning of a big move for gold."

MY EDITORIAL COMMENTS: I'm not sure why you would take your own existing gold, trade it for a foreign currency and then back for your original gold again. They didn't mention oil at all during the video, and of course there is talk about the Saudis having a new stock IPO (initial public offering) for Saudi Aramco, which could be the biggest market cap company in the world, far exceeding the value of Apple and others. Perhaps the IPO has something to do with this, even though it wasn't mentioned.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Gold to $20k in a few yrs.- NYSE Trader

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:37 pm

Saudis wouldnt be selling gold. They would be selling oil for gold-backed yuan which they would either use for commerce or exchange for gold themselves. Effect the same? Possibly - any gold backed currency - and especially the yuan - would put a major demand on gold (I believe we're at peak gold for current price and while a price increase would stimulate some production I think the max production is energy limited regardless. 10x price upper would be easy, more possible. Do the chinese plan to do that? Dunno, but nothing they are working on is inconsistent with that approach.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby AGgressive Metal » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:13 pm

Sounds like he misspoke, the Chinese are trying to get Saudis to sell oil for Yuan, and he is speculating that the Saudis would then use this Yuan to buy gold in Shanghai, rather than convert it to USD or hold the yuan. There are not many yuan denominated bonds for them to buy, so its probably true that they would convert it to something else.
And he that hath lyberte ought to kepe hit wel
For nothyng is better than lyberte
For lyberte shold not be wel sold for alle the gold and syluer of all the world
-Aesop's Fables, Caxton edition 1484

http://stores.ebay.com/commonwealthcurrency
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pdx_metal
AGgressive Metal
Realcent Moderator

Postby shinnosuke » Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:46 pm

Old thread but interesting how the Ukrainian conflict has made US$ world reserve currency status, the increased influence of the Chinese and their Yuan, as well as the precarious nature of US/Saudi relations a much hotter topic of late.

The elephants are dancing and we ants are just trying not to get crushed.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals