Do you think silver will drop below 20 per oz?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Do you think silver will drop below 20 per oz?

Postby OneBiteAtATime » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:44 pm

For what it’s worth. I’m buying silver again and I haven’t for many years. Things don’t feel right.
"pray like everything depends on God and prepare like everything depends on you." -shinnosuke
"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."- Sam Adams
"Thanks to God that he gave me stubborness when I know I am right." - John Adams
OneBiteAtATime
Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:55 pm

OneBiteAtATime wrote:For what it’s worth. I’m buying silver again and I haven’t for many years. Things don’t feel right.

That's an understatement.

Next time Ag dips large again, I'm making another major purchase. Haven't bought any Ag since it hit $12 back in March 2020. Bought it just before the premiums took off.

ps. Don't forget the ammo. ;)
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:17 pm

Today's dip is much appreciated, but that's probably because I never buy anything on margin. Leverage is what I use to uproot a tree, not to own precious metals. Although it would cause a lot of first-timers some psychological stress, I would like to see prices (with premiums) fall back in the teens.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:46 am

ASEs are still selling for 35-40 on ebay
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Silver4face » Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:56 pm

Silver4face wrote:I think it will because I expect wild fluctuations throughout the next few years

Well it took awhile, but I nailed it!!! Now the question is how low will it go? But I must admit that the price is irrelevant because dealers will just charge monster premiums making it difficult to invest in a profitable way. Unfortunately the metals (silver, gold, copper, zinc, nickel, scrap etc) are being smashed down as part of a massive "SHITSHOW" (have to give credit to CuPennyHoarder for that term! Lol)
Buy rolls NOW while you still can!
Silver4face
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby franklin » Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:57 am

A new dealer I have stumbled upon just pulled much of their inventory of rounds this morning. They had 4-6000 pieces of each (Buffaloes, Britannias, etc last night and now are out of stock. Probably fixing to lose their rears if they don't inflate the premiums.
franklin
Penny Collector Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:27 pm

franklin wrote:A new dealer I have stumbled upon just pulled much of their inventory of rounds this morning. They had 4-6000 pieces of each (Buffaloes, Britannias, etc last night and now are out of stock. Probably fixing to lose their rears if they don't inflate the premiums.

Not surprised, especially since it's a new dealer. The big boyz use put options to hedge their physical inventory... small guys are less sophisticated and don't usually do that.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals