Silver and Inflation

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Silver and Inflation

Postby Dr. Cadmium » Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:44 pm

With inflation being obvious to everyone in the country at this point, why isn't the spot price of silver increasing? I've noticed posts here about increasing premiums and low volumes at coin shops, yet there's not a lot of large scale price movement.

Has physical silver become too esoteric of a concept for most people? Most of the young people I know are more interested in crypto.

I can somewhat understand the near-stagnant gold spot price because it's still near a historic high and out of budget for most people.
Dr. Cadmium
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Silver and Inflation

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:44 pm

Dr. Cadmium wrote:With inflation being obvious to everyone in the country at this point, why isn't the spot price of silver increasing? I've noticed posts here about increasing premiums and low volumes at coin shops, yet there's not a lot of large scale price movement.

Has physical silver become too esoteric of a concept for most people? Most of the young people I know are more interested in crypto.

I can somewhat understand the near-stagnant gold spot price because it's still near a historic high and out of budget for most people.

COMEX PM price tamp downs are very blatant. Deliberate suppression of PM prices has been proven to be 100% fact.

I believe cryptos were created by TPTB for the following main reasons:

1. Take the emphasis off PMs as a store of wealth, a source of value and tangible money.
2. Get people used to a digital dollar/CBDC (Central Bank Digital Currency), so that they can tax and trace every single monetary transaction that is conducted. No more anonymity of cash.

Stay the course. It might take a few more years, but PMs will eventually win.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:37 pm

I wish there was something clever to say that hasn't already come out of the mouths of tens of thousands of silver miners, silver industry experts, silver pundits, silver coin shop owners, silver buyers in multiple industries, silver collectors and last, but not least, the genius silver sorters at RealCent. Anyway, I wish there was, but this market is obviously able to act illogically longer than any of us would have expected. If the price of silver doesn't pop up soon, I can see some holders (even those apes over at WallStreetSilver on Reddit) abandoning the metal. I'd like to scream at them, "Not yet!" However, my right to do so doesn't exist, and I'm only speaking from emotion. I know fiat is bad. I know silver is good, but how does that knowledge help someone who can't hold on any longer?

My prediction: This year is different! But I don't even want it to be. If silver goes to $100/oz, gasoline goes to $10. If gasoline goes to $10, your neighbor's teen-aged son is going to steal some from your car while you slumber at night.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:57 pm

shinnosuke wrote:I wish there was something clever to say that hasn't already come out of the mouths of tens of thousands of silver miners, silver industry experts, silver pundits, silver coin shop owners, silver buyers in multiple industries, silver collectors and last, but not least, the genius silver sorters at RealCent. Anyway, I wish there was, but this market is obviously able to act illogically longer than any of us would have expected. If the price of silver doesn't pop up soon, I can see some holders (even those apes over at WallStreetSilver on Reddit) abandoning the metal.

I actually predicted this would happen, especially when WSS apes were advocating to buy at $30 because they were going to SQUEEZE silver higher. I knew the attempt to squeeze it would be easily thwarted by the thugs at the CRIMEX. What's going to make PMs squeeze higher will most likely be the global financial system faltering and/or the USD hyperinflating to worthlessness. Until this happens silver will continue trading in the $20-30 range.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals