Ag going back into the teens?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Ag going back into the teens?

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:12 am

Mostly likely... yes.

Once the stock market margin calls come, everything will take a massive dump. This has not happened yet, but it will.

The silver buyers on WSS do not make much sense. I can appreciate their enthusiasm, but these foolish "silver raid days" don't really accomplish anything except keep the premiums high. Remember the great "silver squeeze"? Thousands of WSS participants bought at $30 because of FOMO. Many of them will give up and capitulate when silver hits the teens again.

Notice how the Ag inventory is back and sales are starting to appear again. That's a telltale sign that people aren't buying as much as they used to. Why do people go all in and are highly motivated to buy at $30 and stop buying at $20? :roll: Group behavior.

After you buy all the water, food and ammo you need, have some dry powder to buy Ag. There will be some deep discounts coming soon.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Re: Ag going back into the teens?

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:32 am

Quite possible - but I suspect it'll be a moment in time (as previously discussed) so preparation, conviction, and the ability to act when the moment is right are all required. When events unfold that seem calamitous in the near term and the price crashes, you need to have a set of possible suppliers to go to, accounts previously setup, and prices and quantities in mind ready to go. Don't try to time the bottom, and also remember that if you wait too long premiums may be added that negate much of the benefits of the drop. If you miss it - don't fret. It probably won't be a unique opportunity.

(I'm repeating this approach not for the OP - who already knows this - but for any other readers.)
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby NDFarmer » Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:44 am

I would like to see $15 silver. But with the $5 premium you would still be paying $20 for it.
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:54 am

NDFarmer wrote: I would like to see $15 silver. But with the $5 premium you would still be paying $20 for it.

Better to pay a $5 premium at $15 than a $5 premium at $30. :thumbup:
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:44 pm

Today I received 4 emails from different bullion dealers advertising their "sales".

I hope Ag gets down in the teens soon and doesn't pop back up again. It's been in the $20-30 trading range for the last 2 years. :|
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:03 pm

US credit cards are maxed out again per the eternal doomsdayer Zerohedge. Delinquencies will occur, naturally. Some defaults, as well, can be expected. However, if consumers are paying off debt then they aren't buying new products (solar panels?) that require silver to produce or silver itself. Less demand, lower price, even ignoring the manipulation. Inflation? Schminflation. That never affects the price of precious metals, amiright? Where is the silver demand going to come from? Twenty- & thirty-somethings are not much interested. The WallStreetSilver crowd is still trying to gain traction. Its membership growth hasn't been that strong lately.

Anyway, after today's results, I can see a $19.XX ounce of silver at Monument Metals some day not in the not too distant future.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Silver4face » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:59 pm

NDFarmer wrote: I would like to see $15 silver. But with the $5 premium you would still be paying $20 for it.

Good point, but wouldn't the premium be more than 5 dollars?
Buy rolls NOW while you still can!
Silver4face
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby pennypicker » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:12 pm

Whatever price you pay for your silver you may want to consider buying the smallest denomination possible such as 1 oz rounds versus 10 oz bars, kilos etc. The way we are headed its only a matter of time before the Democrats in Washington will require all coin shops to submit 1099's for all bullion sales over $500...probably even less. Small denominations will enable you to visit several different coins shops and sell just enough 1 oz rounds at a time to stay under the radar. Many coin shops are buying 1 oz rounds at a premium over spot which makes coin shops a good outlet. Now more than ever the individual size of your bullion purchases could prove very important when it comes time to sell in the future!
Biden_Harris_750x500.jpg
Biden_Harris_750x500.jpg (54.54 KiB) Viewed 952 times
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby JerrySpringer » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:24 pm

pennypicker wrote:Whatever price you pay for your silver you may want to consider buying the smallest denomination possible such as 1 oz rounds versus 10 oz bars, kilos etc. The way we are headed its only a matter of time before the Democrats in Washington will require all coin shops to submit 1099's for all bullion sales over $500...probably even less. Small denominations will enable you to visit several different coins shops and sell just enough 1 oz rounds at a time to stay under the radar. Many coin shops are buying 1 oz rounds at a premium over spot which makes coin shops a good outlet. Now more than ever the individual size of your bullion purchases could prove very important when it comes time to sell in the future!
Biden_Harris_750x500.jpg

They changed the reporting rules on eBay sales. Then they instituted the wash rule on crypto trades. I can easily see them come after every facet of commerce in the years to come. Still waiting on the Craigslist sting the IRS may do someday making examples of people who do cash transactions and don't report them.
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:03 pm

I was cleaning out one of my closets today, I just found a $500FV bag of Roosy dimes. I put them there over 10 years ago and had forgotten all about them.
Attachments
winning.jpg
winning.jpg (33.82 KiB) Viewed 921 times
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby sparechange » Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:26 pm

Might be better than a barn find! Congrats on your discovery.
Always drink upstream from politicians, they tend to foul things up.
sparechange
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby pennypicker » Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:07 pm

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:I was cleaning out one of my closets today, I just found a $500FV bag of Roosy dimes. I put them there over 10 years ago and had forgotten all about them.

The last Rosie dime I found was in Albany, Oregon when I received a silver dime back in change from a coke machine. Pretty exciting actually considering I still remember when and where I was when it happened. But to find a forgotten $500 bag of Rosies would be a guaranteed heart attack so It's best I never find one!
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:51 am

pennypicker wrote:
Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:I was cleaning out one of my closets today, I just found a $500FV bag of Roosy dimes. I put them there over 10 years ago and had forgotten all about them.

The last Rosie dime I found was in Albany, Oregon when I received a silver dime back in change from a coke machine. Pretty exciting actually considering I still remember when and where I was when it happened. But to find a forgotten $500 bag of Rosies would be a guaranteed heart attack so It's best I never find one!

It was a nice surprise indeed. That is one of the 90% bags I bought in the 90's from my LCS guy.

Now I remember why I put them there... I didn't anymore room in my old safe.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby OneBiteAtATime » Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:49 pm

Still looking for where I got a bitcoin or two in a whiskey induced bullion deal 10 or 12 years ago. Looking… looking…

I’d love to see silver in the teens.
"pray like everything depends on God and prepare like everything depends on you." -shinnosuke
"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."- Sam Adams
"Thanks to God that he gave me stubborness when I know I am right." - John Adams
OneBiteAtATime
Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:47 am

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:Today I received 4 emails from different bullion dealers advertising their "sales".

I hope Ag gets down in the teens soon and doesn't pop back up again. It's been in the $20-30 trading range for the last 2 years. :|

And again... today I received 5 emails about bullion dealer sales.

Contrary signal.

Ag prices definitely moving lower. Keep that dry powder ready!
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:41 am

Given the inflation of the past few years, Ag is already back in the teens of a non inflated dollar. If you don't have "enough" silver, buy what you need to protect your family now. (That recommendation presupposes you have your sane other preps like food, security, water, meds, shelter, already in place.) When the true crisis comes the issue (for anything) won't be price but whether you can find it all.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby franklin » Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:29 am

Silver at $19.96 this early, fine morning. Most "deals" from yesterday got pulled on the sites I checked.
franklin
Penny Collector Member

Postby Saabman » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:17 am

I looked around and couldn't find anything worth while, as far as deals go. Anyone hear of one?
Cerca Trova!!!

Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think.
-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:24 am

franklin wrote:Silver at $19.96 this early, fine morning. Most "deals" from yesterday got pulled on the sites I checked.

They'll play their little games now, but when these bullion dealers see people aren't buying (due to runaway inflation) the sales will be back and there will be PLENTY of inventory. I monitor the comments on WSS for sentiment and as a contrary indicator. Sentiment is lower, but when it hits rock bottom all weak hands will capitulate and that will be the time to back up the truck. Ag will most likely retest the $12-13 area. Get ready.

When PM take the BIG dump the general public will be more concerned with energy prices and buying/finding food. It's going to get very bad out there. Hopefully, the electricity stays on and there are no false-flag cyber attacks. Don't forget the ammo!
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby franklin » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:49 am

I found 2022 Britannias at SD for $24.80 if you buy 100.
franklin
Penny Collector Member

Postby Saabman » Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:03 am

Thanks. I'll check that out.
Cerca Trova!!!

Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think.
-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby JerrySpringer » Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:22 am

These are legitimate:

https://www.walmart.com/browse/jewelry/ ... rBullionVF

Check out the 10 Apmex round and 20 round Buffalo prices. Tempting.
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby franklin » Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:34 am

I'll bet Walmart charges tax on those.
franklin
Penny Collector Member

Postby JerrySpringer » Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:45 pm

franklin wrote:I'll bet Walmart charges tax on those.

In my state, Maine, they get 5.5% sales tax on silver. The thing is, I can use a credit card with Walmart's site and not get a surcharge unlike the Apmex site. Haven't pulled the trigger on buying. Tempted to but figure I can use the cash to get more copper and further CRH searches. As I type this, spot is $19.88 and the 20 round Buffalo tube has a premium of $3.80 a round.
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby TXSTARFIRE » Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:14 pm

Wow! Walmart has alot of silver. Check out the silver lego set- 120 1 oz blocks!
TXSTARFIRE
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals