90% junk premiums are crazy high

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: 90% junk premiums are crazy high

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:12 pm

Again, it won't matter what spot is, if the premium is $5 and spot is $19, the price will be almost twice what it was in early 2020. Not a super bargain. But if you're going to buy, yes, you should at least do it when it is down. I'm hoping the dip continues for a couple more weeks as the summer FUN show is second week of July and it would be nice to find a deal or.two there.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:18 am

68Camaro wrote:Again, it won't matter what spot is, if the premium is $5 and spot is $19, the price will be almost twice what it was in early 2020. Not a super bargain. But if you're going to buy, yes, you should at least do it when it is down. I'm hoping the dip continues for a couple more weeks as the summer FUN show is second week of July and it would be nice to find a deal or.two there.

Early 2020 may have been the Ag buying opportunity of a lifetime. It was a rare event, but I think there is a good chance of it happening again.

I've said this a few times before and it hasn't happened yet, but I still believe the stock market will have another huge smashdown like it did in Feb/March of 2020 (for whatever reason) and ppl will be able to get some great deals, but you have to be QUICK and buy before dealers have a chance to raise premiums. Best timing for this would be Sunday night when the futures market opens at 6pm EST.

Recently the premiums have been dropping with the spot price declining, which is unusual, but premiums were already too high due to FOMO caused by the regional banking failures. Once the FOMO buying dried up dealers were forced to lower the premiums.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:18 am

All the way back down to $2.99 over spot.

SD bullion...
https://sdbullion.com/90-percent-silver-100-dollar-face-value-bag

What about the buyers that FOMO'd during the regional bank failures and paid $17 over spot? :cry: :o :x
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Robarons » Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:50 pm

Premiums from the local show:

90% was 18x for dimes and Quarters.

.999 Silver could be bought in any quantity for $2 over. 10 oz bars and Kilos. $2.50 for generic rounds
Robarons
Post Hoarder

Postby Lemon Thrower » Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:19 pm

Silver with a nice rebound today.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:06 pm

Lemon Thrower wrote:Silver with a nice rebound today.

Probably due to the BRICS thing.

Still in a huge trading range.

Wake me up when it breaks out above $30. It should get back to $50 relatively quickly after that happens.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Lemon Thrower » Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:02 am

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:
Lemon Thrower wrote:Silver with a nice rebound today.

Probably due to the BRICS thing.

No, interest rates spiked earlier in the week, perhaps due to BRICS but more likely the Fed. Then they spiked back down, causing PMs to rally.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:09 pm

90% bags now all the way back down to $2.99 over spot on Apmex.

Imagine how the FOMO dummies feel now who paid $15-17 over spot back in April :cry: :oops: :x

https://www.apmex.com/product/27/90-silver-coins-100-face-value-bag
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:28 pm

Just a few hours ago... Apmex 90% $100 FV bags now$1.49 over spot! :shock:
https://www.apmex.com/product/27/90-silver-coins-100-face-value-bag

It's now a good time to buy 90%, especially if you've been fence sitting.

Apmex (and all other dealers) are up to their gills in inventory these days. Same for my neighborhood LCSs. People need cash and are liquidating things they own to pay their bills.

I'm still amazed how high the premiums were back in April and May of this year... and ppl were actually FOMO buying it at those inflated prices - ouch. A HUGE drop since then.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby pmbug » Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:36 pm

It would be very cool if someone were charting this over time.
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. -Lao Tzu

You can find me ranting at clouds on pmbug.com.
pmbug
Penny Pincher Member

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals