2022 D 1/2s

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

2022 D 1/2s

Postby JadeDragon » Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:29 pm

I don’t get much chance to coin roll hunt in the US, but today I was handed $380 worth of what sure look like all 2022 D halves in Loomis rolls. Teller said another coin collector brought them in. I was under the impression the mint stopped making half dollars for circulation. Any extra value to them? Should I just dump them all?
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Re: 2022 D 1/2s

Postby hobo finds » Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:16 pm

2021 and 22's they put in circulation halfway thru each year
hobo finds
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Morsecode » Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:40 pm

They will never stop making JFK half dollars. Too politically connected.
Let's Go Brandon
Morsecode

Postby Recyclersteve » Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:12 pm

As of 9/8/22 the Denver mint produced 4.9 million 2022 halves. Philadelphia produced 4.8 million.

This is per coinworld.com. I would definitely take the halves back to the bank if I got them.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby JadeDragon » Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:05 pm

thanks. I guess maybe only the S are NIFC. I went thru 64 rolls yesterday and only found a single proof. That includes the 2022Ds above. Back to the bank.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals