Pawn shop silver

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Pawn shop silver

Postby cwgii » Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:03 am

Terrifying. They had three Morgan’s. $50 each. One labeled damaged. One labeled au 58. Third I almost bought. NGc graded ms64. For $75.

Regular rosies $8, 10.

And get this one. Regular halves $15 non silver just regular old coin. Untucking real.
cwgii
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Pawn shop silver

Postby thecrazyone » Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:06 am

Even sadder is, I know that you mentioned that those examples were graded, but you should hear how many the pawn shops get that, after review, are actually FAKES!
Author: Bring CHANGE Into Your Life (A Truly Easy Investment Tool)
https://www.amazon.com/Bring-CHANGE-Int ... 1077276869
thecrazyone
Post Hoarder

Postby cwgii » Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:34 am

Roll of mex libertad at $44. Ouch
cwgii

Postby wheeler_dealer » Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:50 pm

Avg circulated/slick Morgan were $36.00 from the junk box at LCS.
$50.00 was cheapest at antique malls I have been in the last few weeks.
Inventory is light at all my usual stops.
wheeler_dealer
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Silver4face » Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:16 am

The antique malls are looking for suckers who overpay for things. I've seen junk coins for 10 to 50 times face. These coins are not error coins, nor do they contain any silver. If their prices were real, we'd all be millionaires.
Buy rolls NOW while you still can!
Silver4face
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:58 am

Sometimes the pawn shops make mistakes by selling things too cheaply, believe it or not.

I went to a pawn shop in January, 2009 in Florida shortly after the Bernie Madoff scandal caused locals to sell their possessions to a local pawn shop. The owner was on CNBC talking about all the stuff he bought.

I saw a box which had clad Kennedy halves mixed with silvers. Almost all of the silvers were 40%ers. THEY WERE ALL EXACTLY THE SAME PRICE! I believe it was $1 each. My jaw dropped when I made the discovery. Here’s what I did. I made stacks of about 20 coins each. I put a clad on top of each stack just in case someone inside knew the silvers were worth a lot more than $1 each. I think I got somewhere between 150 and 200 silvers that wonderful day in January, 2009.

How about that for a wild and totally true story!
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby cwgii » Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:30 am

Bait and switch sometimes.

I was in fla 2004. Pawn shop had all halves $1., But. When you got to the counter it was, Wait while I look up today's value.
At which I flip him the bird and stormed out.
cwgii

Postby Recyclersteve » Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:42 am

Mine was a legitimately great deal!
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby cwgii » Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:45 pm

Y'all been scaring me.so, this morning I pitched up a 1900-O for $35.
cwgii

Postby cwgii » Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:44 pm

At the same time, a gent bought 20 rounds, Indian head, for $650. And 2,10/ounce bars for$600.
cwgii

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals